gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
484586 Posts in 28410 Topics by 2463 Members - Latest Member: austinrobert August 06, 2020, 01:38:38 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  Legend of Zelda fans
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Legend of Zelda fans  (Read 12815 times)

Offline Dark Dude

• Megaman Fangame Developer
  • Scholar
  • I am invincible!
    • View Profile
    • Dark Dude's Domain
Legend of Zelda fans
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2002, 09:44:50 PM »
Really? So far I'm liking Ages better, but they should give some sort of clue for that first colored box puzzle in level 2 or 3 (I don't recall which) in OoA. How are you supposed to know to do that?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2002, 09:48:10 PM by Dark Dude »

Offline The Silent Assassin

• Scholar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zeldaheadquarters.com
Legend of Zelda fans
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2002, 10:29:20 PM »
Hylian Instinct...

Offline Kaiser Infinity

• Ascended
    • View Profile
Legend of Zelda fans
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2002, 10:46:54 PM »
True. You've played one Zelda game you've played them all. Thats why occasionally you know how to figure out the puzzles, recognize use of certain items, etc.
~Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.~

• Scholar
    • View Profile
Legend of Zelda fans
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2002, 10:50:29 PM »
My point exactly.  Play Zelda as long as I do...and it is hard to suprise me (Majora's Mask did it...a few times).

Offline Kaiser Infinity

• Ascended
    • View Profile
Legend of Zelda fans
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2002, 10:59:47 PM »
Yeah, me too, but MM wasn't exactly true top notch Zelda quality to me. It was a good and fun game, but no fricking way is it as good as aLttP and OoT. It's too new-ish to the original(and great, dare I say legendary), better to keep the same exact quality with a little bit of newish delight added to it, not vice versa.
~Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.~

Offline Dark Dude

• Scholar
  • I am invincible!
    • View Profile
    • Dark Dude's Domain
Legend of Zelda fans
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2002, 11:11:18 PM »
ALttP was better than MM? That's a shocker. MM had alot of variety and very interesting areas (I love the Stone Temple). ALttP didn't have one single scene or dungeon wow'ed me. Everyone talks about how great the ending was, too, but quite frankly I didn't think it was really all that amazing...

Offline Kaiser Infinity

• Ascended
    • View Profile
Legend of Zelda fans
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2002, 11:30:33 PM »
I don't blame you, some people just can't marvel at the brilliance of the classical video-game landscape combined with the music of classical, oldy quality, the true greatness of it! It's just there are somethings sometimes even 3D rendered images can't ever match up to. Thats why oldies are mostly known as great, even though some of us can't really explain why, it just is to some and maybe even most people. But I do have to admit however, for a sort of new change, MM was a great game.

Athough maybe its just my memories and the way I look at it that makes some games new and old great or better than most or few, or just some. The mysteries of the free-willed human mind and interest are sometimes unsolvable to man it seems.....

Offline Goteth

• Ascended
  • Rogue who likes to Stabby stab ';,,;'
    • View Profile
Legend of Zelda fans
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2002, 11:43:59 PM »
Originally posted by Dark Dude
How can they? The SNES version used four buttons and the GBA only has four buttons. The LttP game itself I doubt will have any new features.

You do got a point there, however. I suspect the B button would be your sword button and A button will be your special button. But yeah the pegasus boots...maybe a button will toggle it...L button or R button. Don't think they will do that. but then again. Classic Zelda Gameplay you always open the menu and select your special weapon. And well, you can't pass judgement until you play it eh? Well I'm getting it.:D

Offline Bites

• Overseer
    • View Profile
Legend of Zelda fans
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2002, 10:24:46 AM »
Originally posted by The Silent Assassin
The Oracle games as a whole were great, but I liked Seasons more than Ages.

I liked Ages better. Don't know why, probably because I got it first. :shrug:
Beep

Offline Dark Dude

• Scholar
  • I am invincible!
    • View Profile
    • Dark Dude's Domain
Legend of Zelda fans
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2002, 02:16:59 PM »
Seasons is just a cross between Zelda 1 and OoT, with a few things from MM. Ages is pretty much a new game itself, still connecting with OoS.

Offline Goteth

• Ascended
  • Rogue who likes to Stabby stab ';,,;'
    • View Profile
Legend of Zelda fans
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2002, 03:42:10 PM »
I like Oracle of Seasons more as well. Maybe because I like classic gaming:D . People complain about opening the menu to select and use the item they want to use annoying. Just deal with it. I don't care about opening the menu up. Well maybe because I know where every single item is in the inventory:D . I'm actually used to it. I rather pay more attention to the gameplay then about the inventory. The game isn't about how the inventory works. People don't like A Link to the Past because of it but come on! It's not the inventory you are supposed to be concentrating on. It's the actual gameplay. It can be too easy for some people, and it can be hard for others, mainly new players. I don't mind the same typical challenges. I just like how the gameplay is. In order this is what I think is important:

1. Gameplay
2. Fun Factor
3. Sound
4. Play Control
5. Graphics

Sure Graphics are nice. But just because it's at the bottom doesn't mean that I don't care about the graphics. Of course a good game has graphics. But What I really care about most is the gameplay and how fun it is. Sound..well who would want to play a game with annoying and repetitive sound eh?. Of course in order to have fun in a game. The controls must be good and not complicated. I don't mind graphics all that much. As long as it's not choppy and ugly. Smooth is good.:D

Offline Dark Dude

• Scholar
  • I am invincible!
    • View Profile
    • Dark Dude's Domain
Legend of Zelda fans
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2002, 08:59:38 PM »
Originally posted by LinkJay6
People complain about opening the menu to select and use the item they want to use annoying. Just deal with it. I don't care about opening the menu up. Well maybe because I know where every single item is in the inventory:D . I'm actually used to it. I rather pay more attention to the gameplay then about the inventory. The game isn't about how the inventory works. People don't like A Link to the Past because of it but come on! It's not the inventory you are supposed to be concentrating on. It's the actual gameplay.
Really? Someone other than me doesn't like ALttP? I figured people liked it because anyone could beat it. Why anyone wouldn't like it is only if they care about gameplay, which I do, which is why I don't like it as well as the others. Face it, the game doesn't progress any, you just do the same things over and over in different places. Zelda 2 you get new sword techniques and spells which help the game progress. Zelda 4 you get the boots and the feather which REALLY makes the game progress. OoT progressed with the use of the horse. MM progressed with the different transformation masks. ALttP had nothing that helped progress the game. The boots never really helped much,  except you got to get through the excessively large overworld screens faster. The hookshot wasn't very amazing. I play all those games I mentioned more often simply because of the progression,  like I said I usually quit before even getting to the Dark World, perhaps if the game actually changed more I would, but it doesn't.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2002, 09:01:47 PM by Dark Dude »

• Scholar
    • View Profile
Legend of Zelda fans
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2002, 09:23:46 PM »
1. I consider Majora's Mask far batter than Ocarina of Time.
2. Ages is a copy of OoT' theme, which is a copy of ALttP.

ALttP didn't?  Flute -> traveling?  The addition of two worlds to travel back and forth between to move on?  Upgrading swords seen "physically"? And the introduction of the hookshot...the coolest weapon.  Not to mention "chicken slashing", and NPC's could briefly join your party!

Offline Bites

• Overseer
    • View Profile
Legend of Zelda fans
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2002, 06:59:39 AM »
Originally posted by The Silent Assassin
ALttP didn't?  Flute -> traveling?  The addition of two worlds to travel back and forth between to move on?  Upgrading swords seen "physically"? And the introduction of the hookshot...the coolest weapon.  Not to mention "chicken slashing", and NPC's could briefly join your party!

All very good features of ALttP.
Beep

Offline Dark Dude

• Scholar
  • I am invincible!
    • View Profile
    • Dark Dude's Domain
Legend of Zelda fans
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2002, 12:50:02 PM »
The never drastically changed, is what I'm saying. The Dark World was very similar to the Light World, only different dungeons and bad guys everywhere. Oh... I can't think of a good way to have the game progressed better... well, if I think of something you better believe I'll say it.

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  Legend of Zelda fans

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines Page created in 0.159 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx