gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
484586 Posts in 28410 Topics by 2464 Members - Latest Member: austinrobert July 02, 2020, 02:12:56 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  Legend of Zelda fans
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Legend of Zelda fans  (Read 12231 times)

Offline Kawaburd

• Masquerading as a newbie
  • Overseer
    • View Profile
    • Kaw's art stuff!  Yay!
Legend of Zelda fans
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2002, 06:31:03 PM »
My favorite to least favorite are listed as followed, and i'm NOT including anything i havnt yet played.

1. A Link to the Past
(i don't see why this could be a least favorite to anyone... it has decent puzzles, decent gfx for it's time [umm... why does link have PINK hair in this one?], and is pretty well-balanced, with the exception of the bosses.)

2. Adventure of Link
(some say side-scrolling causes the game to lose its ZELDA feel.  I somewhat disagree, in fact this gives a new wave of entertainment, plus the platformer-style combined with RPG elements...well...  I doubt anyone here has gotten through the entire game for the first time without either getting nailed by a strong enemy [blue ironknuckles are a pain], reading part of a FAQ, or getting hopelessly LOST *CoughGreatPalaceCough* at least once in that game.)

3. The Legend of ZELDA
(you can tell i'm not a big fan of good graphics.  I just like the complexity of this... and the challenge the 2nd quest brings)

4. Majora's mask
(This one seemed more like a zelda parody to me.  Most, if not all of the sprites were entirely RE-USED from OoT, it took place in a weird fairytale land, and the moon had an expression that would scare children.... nonetheless, this is a GOOD parody, if anything)

5. Ocarina of Time
(Good graphics, deep storyline.... WAY too easy, with a somewhat lack of decent puzzles...)

6. Link's Awakening
(Black, White, and confusing.  I tried this, didn't get it at all, couldnt get anything but the D-pad to work right, so i really can't rate this one.)

As for CEL-da....

i really dont know what to think, but after looking at the graphics, i'm guessing this is gonna either be the kind of game thats a huge mega-HIT, right up there with LttP, or its gonna royally suck, with absoloutely NO in-between when it comes to ratings
How can I put things here without a chat to quote from?

Offline millmill

• Scholar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/millmill52
Legend of Zelda fans
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2002, 07:47:03 PM »
My favorite to least list:

A Link to the Past
Legend of Zelda
Ocarina of Time
Adventure of Link
Majora's Mask
Oracle of Seasons
Oracle of Ages

I've never had the opportunity to play Link's Awakening, so I didn't list it.
CHAMPIONS BLEED SCARLET AND GRAY

"I'm leaving the clowning business to all the clowns who work in the clowning business," Homer Simpson.

Offline The Silent Assassin

• Scholar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zeldaheadquarters.com
Legend of Zelda fans
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2002, 08:56:22 PM »
In 1993, Nintendo took on Sony to being development of the PlayStation CD add on for the SNES.  If you got Nintendo Power back then, and still have issues, CHECK through em for a feature about it.

Anyway, the deal went sour, and Nintendo liscensed out to Philips.  But as a trial, while working on the CD add on in 1994, they allowed them to make two titles, Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon, and Link: The Faces of Evil.  Both were sidescrolling games, rich in story and animation.

On the surface, it didn't look bad at all.  However, the game play SUCKED.  It was all action, no puzzle solving, and many aspects of the Zelda lore were blown to hell (enemies did the wrong things, looked wrong).

Their failure caused Nintendo to cancel the add on, but allowed the liscense to continue awhile.

The result was a digital graphic styled Zelda's Adventure.  It was overhead, same game play mechanics as Legend of Zelda, and cut scenes here and there.

The problem with this was...you played as ZELDA.  And, the puzzles were lame, and nobody liked the digital graphics.

Thus, the infamous three faded into history, and Nintendo began work on Zelda 64 very quickly to help ease the minds of troubled fans...

Offline Bites

• Overseer
    • View Profile
Legend of Zelda fans
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2002, 12:04:52 AM »
TSA : Yeah I read an article about that a while ago...they had some screenshots and stuff of the CD-i versions, the graphics looked alright...too bad I couldn't get my hands on some copies, just for collector's sake.
Beep

• Scholar
    • View Profile
Legend of Zelda fans
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2002, 02:45:03 PM »
There is always eBay my friend.

Offline Zeo

• Angel of Vengence
  • Founder
  • Chaos Angel
    • View Profile
Legend of Zelda fans
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2002, 04:11:55 PM »
Drat and Double Drat... should have bought those first two when I had the chance..........................Saw them both sitting at Radioshack, I don't remember why I dind't get them, probably money......................

They'd probably been worth 10 times what I payed in a couple years.
All cats have an attitude problem, just most have figured out humans are better at the game.

Truthful words are not beautiful; beautiful words are not truthful. Good words are not persuasive; persuasive words are not good.
Lao Tzu

Offline Mak-X

• Accepted
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/games5/makzelda
Legend of Zelda fans
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2002, 05:41:33 PM »
My favorite Zelda games probably go something like this.  It may change over time as I play the games.

The Adventure of Link
Ocarina of Time
A Link to the Past
The Legend of Zelda
Link's Awakening
Majora's Mask
Oracle of Seasons
Oracle of Ages

My list in no way reflects that the games on the bottom part of the list are bad, just I like some others more than others.  They're all good games.

Offline Dark Dude

• Megaman Fangame Developer
  • Scholar
  • I am invincible!
    • View Profile
    • Dark Dude's Domain
Legend of Zelda fans
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2002, 09:12:53 PM »
I decided to give capcom a chance and I've play OoA and OoS now. I'll give an updated list of my fav games, and the reasons, I expect you're all wondering why I like LttP the least.
1. Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
I love the RPG-style with the actual action. I like RPG's, but I hate the way you fight in RPG's, it just seems stupid to me, because if you're fighting some wild creature,  I seriously doubt you would take turns.
2. Majora's Mask
I like the whole time thing, and it does tend to mock OoT a bit, which I find  a tad  bit humorous. I love the ability to play as the goron, deku scrub, and especially the Zora. One of my favorite parts is the part where they make you think UFO's are ubducting (sp?) the cows. Hey, remember that one episode of the Simpsons with the Tomacco? And Homer was talking to the cow and he was like, "Hey, look, a UFO!" and the cow looked, and then Homer did whatever he did, and the cow gave him a dirty look? That was funny. Anyway,
3. Ocarina of Time
It's just an overall great game. People who don't like it just simply aren't true Zelda fans, no matter how much they'd like to believe it. It was a good game, it introduced amazing new species (Gorons, deku scrubs, kokiri children) and pleasant new views on the monsters we already new (tektites, octorocks), and the people. No other Zelda game (beforewards) has had so many colorful, and somewhat humorous, characters (Happy Mask Shop guy, Guru the Windmill Guy).
4. Link's Awakening
It's good, but.. it's on a the gameboy so that lowers the quality, however they did an amazing job with it. I first thought the wise owl concept was introduced in OoT, as I didn't play LA until a year or so after OoT. I also noticed that OoT did take quite a few ideas used in LA, which I rather liked, but it seemed the other way around having played them out of order.
5. Legend of Zelda
It's a true classic, and I love it to death, I do, but not as much as the others. It would probably be rated higher, but having played ZC for a few years, I've practically played Zelda 1 to death and I now know that there's very little odds that there was something in Zelda 1 I missed. It's no longer a mysterious game having seen it inside and out now.
6. Link to the Past
First of all, it's overrated. When someone says Zelda, this is the game they think of, and while it is a good game, I do believe the others are better. I often get bored with the game, I usually quit playing before I even get to the Dark World. It all just seems redundant. You keep doing the same things over and over. You run, push blocks, swing your sword, shoot an arrow, blah blah blah. I find the others to have more of a variety. I mean, even the mini-game in LttP was the same as fighting the Armos boss, only you don't have to avoid anything. Not much skill is required to beat this game. I  find it to be very easy and repetitive. The other games just have more to offer.
7. Oracle of Ages
I haven't gotten too far, and like I said before, not a huge Capcom fan. I'm pretty sure they made two games just to make more money. I mean, both the Oracle games have alot in common, some of the same places (Maku Tree, Ring Shop [even the same rings, I believe]) and most of the graphics are the same. They could've easily have made it one game.
8. Oracle of Seasons
It's just a simple mixture of LA, OoT, and Zelda 1.

Offline Bites

• Overseer
    • View Profile
Legend of Zelda fans
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2002, 08:08:42 AM »
Originally posted by Dark Dude
They could've easily have made it one game.

I think the whole point was to make 2 new games while still maintaing a similarity between the 2, and to also show off some fancy coding abilities utilising the Gameboy's technology.

I loved them both. They were both pretty unique, but also had their similarities.
Beep

Offline Mak-X

• Accepted
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/games5/makzelda
Legend of Zelda fans
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2002, 12:52:12 PM »
Dark Dude, be sure to play a linked game from the first Oracles game you play to the second so you can see the true ending and boss.  So once you finish one game, start the other with the password you recieve in the first game to play the second as a sequel.
They probably could have made them into one game, and of course they do make more money this way, but like mmnpsrsoskl said, its mainly because of all the linking features.  Most of the rings are the same in the games, though some might be exclusive to one game.  You can trade rings from one file to another to create a big collection.  The games might have similar things, but they are 2 seperate games unlike Pokemon.  Also, once you've completed on game and continue on to the next, you can open up new items you couldn't get before like the Biggoron Sword.

Offline Goteth

• Ascended
  • Rogue who likes to Stabby stab ';,,;'
    • View Profile
Legend of Zelda fans
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2002, 03:51:28 PM »
I agree with Mak-X on this one. I'd also have to agree with Dark Dude with the part: "Give Capcom a chance." It's also made by Nintendo as well of course. And as for LoZ 3....I found it a great game. Maybe because I enjoy ramming into walls aimlessly or enjoy throwing rocks and grass at people heads.:laugh:

Offline Dark Dude

• Scholar
  • I am invincible!
    • View Profile
    • Dark Dude's Domain
Legend of Zelda fans
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2002, 08:35:53 PM »
Well, I've always thought Capcom was in it for the money since they had like six mega man games for nintendo. I mean, later on some of the bad guys didn't really make much sense... but I guess they've convinced alot of people otherwise. Who knows, maybe I'm wrong?
Don't get me wrong, I still like ALttP, I just feel it's too long as it doesn't really change too much from the beginning. And putting the L and R buttons to use would've made the game go by quicker, if they made the L and R buttons change items, as it's very annoying to have to push start all the time. LA and OoT found a good way around that, I just wish they would've found one for ALttP.

Offline Bites

• Overseer
    • View Profile
Legend of Zelda fans
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2002, 09:56:01 AM »
Maybe they'll change the control feature for the GBA port. Hopefully they put some new features in as well.
Beep

Offline Dark Dude

• Scholar
  • I am invincible!
    • View Profile
    • Dark Dude's Domain
Legend of Zelda fans
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2002, 02:12:45 PM »
How can they? The SNES version used four buttons and the GBA only has four buttons. The LttP game itself I doubt will have any new features.

• Scholar
    • View Profile
Legend of Zelda fans
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2002, 07:35:05 PM »
The Oracle games as a whole were great, but I liked Seasons more than Ages.

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  Legend of Zelda fans

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines Page created in 0.197 seconds with 20 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx