Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located:
*new rules coming soon*

gfx gfx
gfx
9332 Posts in 20570 Topics by 6 Members - Latest Member: Zordon September 18, 2020, 09:04:50 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  The Site  |  News  |  Gaming Universe Forums Guidelines
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Gaming Universe Forums Guidelines  (Read 50 times)

Offline Zeo

• Angel of Vengence
  • Administrator
  • Higher Power
    • View Profile
Re: Gaming Universe Forums Guidelines
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2003, 05:54:33 AM »
Done.
All cats have an attitude problem, just most have figured out humans are better at the game.

Truthful words are not beautiful; beautiful words are not truthful. Good words are not persuasive; persuasive words are not good.
Lao Tzu

Offline Zeo

• Angel of Vengence
  • Administrator
  • Higher Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2003, 04:45:14 AM »
Originally posted by raichu19192

Apparently after halloween, a new hack went awry, and you can now change your user rank in the shop.

Did anyone take advantage of this and give themselfs another rank like god or owner. Someting like that? [/B]

Maybe, I dunno.  Looks like some one fixed it though cause I notice met3r's title is abck.......
All cats have an attitude problem, just most have figured out humans are better at the game.

Truthful words are not beautiful; beautiful words are not truthful. Good words are not persuasive; persuasive words are not good.
Lao Tzu

Offline Zeo

• Angel of Vengence
  • Administrator
  • Higher Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2003, 06:50:07 PM »
Okay, credits as follows.

Aegis Runstone 19000 + custom Avatar + user Icon

Melora 7000

Meta 15000

Arms 13000

S.D. Grass 9000

Met3r 8000

Jargon 9000

IF those are wrong lemme know.  Adding now, and the lone voter gets 2000 more for actaully voting.

Lao Tzu

Offline Nightmare

• Regimental
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gameshownetwork.com/whammyed
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2003, 02:38:25 PM »
Good job you guys.  Positions well earned.

Now flatter them with your knowledge of the arts.

-NJS-
GUF Status:
Demo in early May if schedule goes according

Offline Zeo

• Angel of Vengence
  • Administrator
  • Higher Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2003, 01:04:56 PM »
I'd like every one to say "Thank you" to dandan.  In the last several  months, he has done a LOT of extra stuff for GU.  Most of it no one outside the people invovled even know about it.

Thank you dandan.

Lao Tzu

Offline Zel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://zel.sheezyart.com
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2003, 08:17:26 AM »
Keep up the good work Dandan.
This post brought to you by Zel.

Offline Zeo

• Angel of Vengence
  • Administrator
  • Higher Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2003, 06:47:34 AM »
Allright, where to start?

essentail, autovioce was a reward for thioose who were reposible enough in chat to not have DW be kicking them while they were discussing coding issues, or things that required multiple posts in a row.

For the same reason, everyone that came in, I'd vioce them so that they could participate in such converstations, and if they didn't abuse it, they got autovioce as well.

I also used removing it for a warning mechanism prior to a kick.

However, the absolute widesrpead ABUSE of the voice feature, mainly the bypassing flood controls to FLOOD, has caused its removal for the timebeing.  We will rethink this, and then perhaps it will return.

Also, in the near future some new chat rules are coming out, They will not be fully effective immediately, We will give a couple weeks for user input and familirization (mods will gently remind people of the new rules seeral times before taking action, unless is a clear case of abuse)

PLEASE take the time to reveiw those when they come out, and comment.  This is probably the best chance you will  ahve to make major input on these easily.

Lao Tzu

Offline Zeo

• Angel of Vengence
  • Administrator
  • Higher Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2003, 06:40:52 AM »
No, I will not let the bot ban. Its so UNAmemerican.  One point where my patriotism is clear, machines do NOT have the right to punish humans. Kick yes, ban no.   This is becuase kicks don't deny you any liberty, they just serve as a warning.

Lao Tzu

Offline Zeo

• Angel of Vengence
  • Administrator
  • Higher Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2003, 09:38:59 AM »
http://forums.thegaminguniverse.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=139590#post139590

those are the new rules, review and  comment.

Also, the bot may or may not be able to devioce in the future.  The staff will discuss the merits vs. the cons of this in private.

Lao Tzu

Offline Zeo

• Angel of Vengence
  • Administrator
  • Higher Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2003, 12:03:39 PM »
use the comments thread, and READ THE REST

"dodging shall be considered an attempt to join with intent to stay after being banned"

"those who abuse scripts or bots (thier own or others) will lose Auotvioce, and the channel will be +Med, then  if continued, may be banned.

Lao Tzu

Offline Zeo

• Angel of Vengence
  • Administrator
  • Higher Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2003, 11:22:18 AM »
LV has been promoted to Moderator of A&E.  This is for several reasons, but the main 2 being:

1. She's active in the forum.

2. She CARES about the forum.

As for the timing, I felt, and OL agreed, she deserved at least ONE Christmas present.  Sorry Arms, couldn't think of anything for you.  And Sorry LV for telling you we weren't going to replace Melora, we actually weren't planning on it, but you have shown such INTEREST in A&E's wellbeing ............

So Congrats!

Lao Tzu

Offline Nightmare

• Regimental
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2003, 12:09:23 PM »
We on behalf of all the staff wish you a Merry Christmas.  Enjoy your presents!
GUF Status:

Offline Nightmare

• Regimental
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2003, 05:53:22 PM »
Congrats LV, and don't seduce any more members please.  ;-P

-NJS-
GUF Status:

Offline Zeo

• Angel of Vengence
  • Administrator
  • Higher Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2004, 10:51:17 PM »
... I swear... this bastard has really f***ed up my week.. AND my accounts.. and yes, this is Overlord... the very pissed off version you wouldn't wanna meet in an alley after hacking.. -_-

I'll work on getting my identity back.. *grumbles*

EDIT: He's taken my AIM too, so anyone masquerading as OverlordGU is NOT me, he's also accessed my hotmail account (which DJ already said..) If anyone wishes to speak with me, either call me (my # is in forum staff) or tell meta, he knows my new AIM account.

Lao Tzu

Offline Zeo

• Angel of Vengence
  • Administrator
  • Higher Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2004, 11:28:15 PM »
These accounts can be de-activated once our originals are restored. The priority is regaining my GU account, and getting all our staff validated again. Which could be a pain.

Lao Tzu

The Gaming Universe  |  The Site  |  News  |  Gaming Universe Forums Guidelines

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines Page created in 0.215 seconds with 19 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx