gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
484586 Posts in 28410 Topics by 2463 Members - Latest Member: austinrobert August 08, 2020, 09:46:02 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  General Chit Chat  |  Retirement
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Retirement  (Read 1950 times)

Offline Guardian

• The Power of Crazy!
  • Owner
  • Higher Power
  • Take me back to the Mother Ship!
    • View Profile
    • Guardian's Lair
Retirement
« on: November 21, 2019, 11:15:20 AM »
Ladies, gents, boys, girls and the rest of you;^)

The day has finally come.  I have just retired from the U.S. Army.  That's right I'm done, fork stuck, wheels down for good.  Twenty years doing the Army's chores and babysitting the new kids all done.  Huff.

So, LL and I took IP and the other kids to Missouri, where we are building the farm LL always dreamed of.  Doesn't that sound

sound

okay, who am I kidding?  I'm dying out here!  I'm in the middle of nowhere, the internet connection is dubious (no streaming! DEATH!!!), and there's just so much to do outside. :shudder:  Yeah, I'm drawing a retirement check, but that little bit's barely going to cover what we need, my disability rating may take forever to figure out, and I can't get my hopes up about it being good (the "process" always seems to go out of its way to not help me in a timely manner).  Plus, I'm job hunting again, which is always just so fun, right???  The future is looking kinda scary right now.

That being said, I'm still working on my books.  I published my second back in May (The Death Doll Exodus, sequel to The Death Doll), and I just finished a draft of another.  Now I'm working on my 8th novel, which is hard to find time to do.  Plus, my material tends to be rather obscure, so it's hard to know how to market it.  I write whatever stories hit me.  Whadamigonnado??

Hope everyone is well.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 11:17:41 AM by Guardian »
Read my novel, The Death Doll:
Paperback, eBook, or Audible

Latest Fight Comix Release:
2018 JANUARY 22
Episode 208: Filler: Mission Brief 3 (Part 2 of 4)!

Offline Golden Warrior

• ~GW~
  • Advisor
  • Chaos Angel
  • /Empire/Vector
    • View Profile
Re: Retirement
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 07:26:03 PM »
Wow, happy retirement!

And wow, a farm, that's like Stardew Valley in real life. :)

I actually considered farming a while back when I was thinking about dropping out of IT, but then I remembered farming is hard work. :P

Also I'd go insane without Internet streaming. Hopefully 5G will be rolled out sooner than later and maybe that'll help you out there.
DDOEQ2
Argonnessen ServerCrushbone Server
Gustal Dymlos Human Fighter LV2Quaxialaem - Dark Elf Necromancer LV27
Woth Half-Orc Barbarian LV1Afuwkoac - Freeblood Shadowknight LV26
Kathanos Half-Elf Monk LV1 / Sorcerer LV1Zeekort - Troll Paladin LV52
ILomer - Human Gaurdian LV20
Ruliach - Fae Warden LV20
Naebiya - Wood Elf Beastlord LV29

The tediousness of paperwork makes my eyes burn and head hurt. Yet it is a necessary evil we all share. I like swords. Swords are simple. They aren't confusing or evil. Just straight forward implements of death. Have a nice day. ~GW

I like swords ~Fighter, 8-Bit Theater

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2019, 08:14:42 PM »
As a current disabled person, I can feel your woes, Guardian. My case was pretty easily managed (I'm legally blind, so I definitely can't work in most professions), but I do know enough about the process overall to know how bad it is to have to wait patiently just to find out if you even qualify, much less how much you get. I hope you get what you need as soon as possible, and I hope you get time to get more books out ;)
Never say never or always. In most cases, there is an exception to anything you can think of that you might use either word in. "Most likely" and "highly improbable" in a lot of those cases would ring true, but not never/always.

Offline Guardian

• The Power of Crazy!
  • Owner
  • Higher Power
    • View Profile
    • Guardian's Lair
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2020, 12:14:16 PM »
>BUMP!<

So, things are picking up slowly for LL (she's the one with a job rather than me, and her farm is slowly building). IP had her first job (and a decent-paying one at that), but she had to quit for health reasons. The little monsters are tearing up just about everything we're trying to build, so they're soaking up all my time. The Internet is still weak here, which probably won't change with any number before a G because of our location. My 8th book went far, then got stuck, and now I'm kind of having writer's block (which is probably fine, since I don't really have time to write anyway). AAAAAND I have dual carpal tunnel, so there's not much I can do anymore.

BUUUUUUUT

I got my disability rating, so we're okay financially. My oldest son is in college now (with the exception of this whole COVID-19 mess). LL's happy because she's now got chickens, goats, and (as of last night) cows.

If I had time, maybe I'd pick up my fight comic again. Idunno.

How have all of you been?

2018 JANUARY 22

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2020, 06:00:31 PM »
Great to hear from you again, man. ;)

I've ben floating between a few hobbies, myself. Recently picked up leatherworking, again, and I may actually have a bag produced by the time this mess of an outbreak has caused is over with. Other than that, I've also been doing some smalltime crochet, and even smaller time electronics dabbling.

I've also been talking off and on with an old high school friend that had a major crush on me, and we're testing the waters with whether or not we'd work. So there's that to hope for. Other than that, I've basically just been trying to find things to keep me occupied, and it hasn't been working out all that great.
Never say never or always. In most cases, there is an exception to anything you can think of that you might use either word in. "Most likely" and "highly improbable" in a lot of those cases would ring true, but not never/always.

Offline Serge

• Red Ninja
  • Ascended
  • Red Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2020, 02:25:10 PM »
Hope everyone is staying safe and sane during the outbreak. Hope retirement is treating you well, Guardian.

So much has happened over the past ten years. Glad to see this community is still here.

^ Thank you Lady Ry'en ^_^

Offline Guardian

• The Power of Crazy!
  • Owner
  • Higher Power
    • View Profile
    • Guardian's Lair
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2020, 08:53:55 PM »
Really? Tell us, Serge:^)

I'm still the same as I last reported, only LL added turkeys and guinea fowl to our farm.

Rowan, considering making bags to sell?

2018 JANUARY 22

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2020, 03:08:34 PM »
Considered, yes. Do I think I have the skill currently? Nor so much.

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  General Chit Chat  |  Retirement

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines Page created in 0.287 seconds with 20 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx