gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
484448 Posts in 28389 Topics by 2469 Members - Latest Member: LanceRis December 18, 2018, 07:21:00 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  The Site  |  News  |  A few things to note
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A few things to note  (Read 43 times)

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
A few things to note
« on: December 03, 2018, 07:22:07 PM »
Since KingofHeart had to push the issue to the point of me having to ban him not only from Discord but from the forum, as well, I feel something needs to be reiterated.

Ever since I first joined GU sixteen and a half years ago, there was a constant that was set up for ALL of GU. Not just the people here for the projects, or the ones here for the RPGs, or whatever. This place was Switzerland. Neutral ground. Flaming and trolling is not allowed because this is a place where people are supposed to be able to basically leave their various problems at the door and not have to worry about being picked on or laughed at. This has never been truly successful, but we've tried. And I'm just as guilty as the next person of going against that, but I've tried to keep it to a minimum.
Some people are going to find this pill hard to swallow, but I consider the GU Discord server as an extension of this website. And thusly, the same rules apply there that apply here.

To explain to those that may be unaware of what I'm talking about, late last night, KoH got into a heated debate last night with someone else, and ended up calling them a moron. And for the record, said person did the same thing KoH has done on a (barely) related topic, which was to base some from what was in a Youtube video. Now, unless it's from a channel directly linked to a major game company or a well know gaming news site like IGN, I wouldn't hold a candle to water on anything posted on Youtube as being truth, but that's not the point. A member was attacked, and KoH didn't even think anything of it, until later. 
Then, this afternoon, he decided to insult another member because of their gaming experiences. And once again, he felt like he did nothing wrong. Granted, there were about five members chatting at the time, so it was easy to misunderstand when getting yelled at about it, but everyone in chat was basically in various stages of requesting and/or telling KoH to stop. At this point, I'd told him myself to stop or I'd remove him. And so I ended up having to remove him. The ban on Discord is for 24 hours, because I ike to be fair and give people a chance.

However, he decided that since he was silenced on the Discord server, that he should post vehemently here on the forum about it. And when I removed his post, making it obvious that he shouldn't have done it, he posted again, and this time an even longer response. I should have set him a PM about it, but I had RL issues to deal with, and the ban was already placed on here, so he wouldn't be able to read it, I think. That ban is for two days.

I will say this now. This is not Youtube, where you say all the nasty things you want to. And there are no exceptions to this. I fully expect to be called out on it if I do it. And when you are told to stop, for the love all that is holy, stop.
Never say never or always. In most cases, there is an exception to anything you can think of that you might use either word in. "Most likely" and "highly improbable" in a lot of those cases would ring true, but not never/always.

The Gaming Universe  |  The Site  |  News  |  A few things to note

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines Page created in 0.111 seconds with 19 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx