gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
484262 Posts in 28370 Topics by 2466 Members - Latest Member: Second Channel May 21, 2018, 03:23:45 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  General Chit Chat  |  I'm so busy these days
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: I'm so busy these days  (Read 325 times)

Offline KingOfHumans

• Always Watching
  • Messiah
  • Here today, gone tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • GUKingOfHeart
I'm so busy these days
« on: January 28, 2018, 12:11:00 AM »
Recently, I been kind of busy with all the things I have to do online these days.

https://discord.gg/7enVnMV
First, I have to try to keep my discord server in control.
I learned a good lesson recently. Keep the security super tight, make it family friendly, and remove/silence any member with attitude.
Seems to be working compared to the server version from 6 months ago, which was pure chaos.

https://www.youtube.com/user/GUKingOfHeart
Second, with the recent youtube monetization changes, I have to make sure my channel has plenty of content to not fall below the (4,000 hours of watch time per year) YT limit. I'm fine on the subs.
The channel doesn't make much, but it's my channel, and I put a lot of work into it.

twitch.tv/master0fhyrule
I also have to try to livestream now, because twitch is improving.. and if YT ever falls, there needs to be a backup fanbase.
Luckily we're not starting with 0, because MOH gathered a small fanbase a while ago, I just now have to try to grow it!

https://www.youtube.com/user/Master0fHyrule
It's not as bad as Decemember.. where I had to pump out a lot more videos, due to the great ads in Dec.
But, I do have to try to put some time aside to either play some games, so MOH can get footage.. or I have to do some recording myself.
MasterOfHyrule pumps out most of the video, while I do like 10%.. but still takes time and hard work.

There are days where I lower my stress by doing nothing, but when I do nothing for a few days... I get crazy bored! There's no winning here.. but that's part of life.. you either work, get a dedicated hobby, or go crazy/or depressed!

Offline Golden Warrior

• ~GW~
  • Advisor
  • Chaos Angel
  • /Empire/Vector
    • View Profile
Re: I'm so busy these days
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 09:22:15 AM »
You're right about that. There's no in between. I'm also either working or doing a dedicated hobby or I'd also go crazy/get depressed!

Online streaming is very hard, even for pre-recorded videos. I've heard from other Youtubers and the amount of work they put in is crazy and if they have a regular job on top of it, I don't know if they even sleep.

I have the highest respect for y'all who make on there. It's not an easy job for sure, but at least y'all seem to love it so that helps out a lot.

That reminds me, twitch.tv is expanding to also do pre-recorded videos now. You going to start uploading there as well or are you going to wait and see if that flops first?
DDOEQ2
Argonnessen ServerCrushbone Server
Gustal Dymlos Human Fighter LV2Quaxialaem - Dark Elf Necromancer LV27
Woth Half-Orc Barbarian LV1Afuwkoac - Freeblood Shadowknight LV26
Kathanos Half-Elf Monk LV1 / Sorcerer LV1Zeekort - Troll Paladin LV52
ILomer - Human Gaurdian LV20
Ruliach - Fae Warden LV20
Naebiya - Wood Elf Beastlord LV29

The tediousness of paperwork makes my eyes burn and head hurt. Yet it is a necessary evil we all share. I like swords. Swords are simple. They aren't confusing or evil. Just straight forward implements of death. Have a nice day. ~GW

I like swords ~Fighter, 8-Bit Theater

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 01:02:48 PM »
To quote the great inori, "Sleep is for the week" ;p
Never say never or always. In most cases, there is an exception to anything you can think of that you might use either word in. "Most likely" and "highly improbable" in a lot of those cases would ring true, but not never/always.

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
  • "May the moon light your path..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 06:30:18 PM »
To quote the great inori, "Sleep is for the week" ;p

I miss him.
-Aegis Runestone-
Thanks to Galadin at the Dissidia Forums for this Awesome Avatar!
My Library of Fan Stories. Come, read, and enjoy!
My ArchiveOfOurOwn.org Account
"It's better to stand for something than to fall for anything."- Snypa

Learn about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Mormon Messages

Offline KingOfHumans

• Always Watching
  • Messiah
  • Here today, gone tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • GUKingOfHeart
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 04:52:16 PM »
I have a couple videos there.. but there's no video fanbase..
Youtube works better for montages!

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 06:44:32 PM »
Depends on what you're doing, actually. I follow a number of maker channels these days, and they rarely do montages. They cover specific topics, usually of specific projects they made (sometimes going over every detail of how they made it). I also follow a blacksmith in the UK that does videos showing his progress on things he makes. He's the ONLY Brit I ever heard of that loves country music.
Never say never or always. In most cases, there is an exception to anything you can think of that you might use either word in. "Most likely" and "highly improbable" in a lot of those cases would ring true, but not never/always.

Offline Golden Warrior

• ~GW~
  • Advisor
  • Chaos Angel
  • /Empire/Vector
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2018, 09:42:49 PM »
A Brit that loves country music? I can actually see that in today's world.
DDOEQ2
Argonnessen ServerCrushbone Server
Gustal Dymlos Human Fighter LV2Quaxialaem - Dark Elf Necromancer LV27
Woth Half-Orc Barbarian LV1Afuwkoac - Freeblood Shadowknight LV26
Kathanos Half-Elf Monk LV1 / Sorcerer LV1Zeekort - Troll Paladin LV52
ILomer - Human Gaurdian LV20
Ruliach - Fae Warden LV20
Naebiya - Wood Elf Beastlord LV29

The tediousness of paperwork makes my eyes burn and head hurt. Yet it is a necessary evil we all share. I like swords. Swords are simple. They aren't confusing or evil. Just straight forward implements of death. Have a nice day. ~GW

I like swords ~Fighter, 8-Bit Theater

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  General Chit Chat  |  I'm so busy these days

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines Page created in 0.164 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx