gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
484574 Posts in 28409 Topics by 2464 Members - Latest Member: austinrobert December 15, 2019, 11:25:51 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  How many of you guys are planning on Purchasing the Nintendo NX Day 1?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: How many of you guys are planning on Purchasing the Nintendo NX Day 1?  (Read 1882 times)

Offline KingOfHumans

• Messiah
    • View Profile
*Raises Hand*
Yes, it's true. We can't confirm on anything at this time.
However, as a Nintendo fan, I have plans on purchasing it Day 1!

Tis an exciting year to be a Nintendo fan!

Also, Yay for Zelda U!

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
  • "May the moon light your path..."
    • View Profile
I actually don't know... I was planning on buying TP HD, but... after getting a 40 hr a week job, I have so little time for video games anymore. I just don't know.
-Aegis Runestone-
Thanks to Galadin at the Dissidia Forums for this Awesome Avatar!
My Library of Fan Stories. Come, read, and enjoy!
My ArchiveOfOurOwn.org Account
"It's better to stand for something than to fall for anything."- Snypa

Learn about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Mormon Messages

Offline KingOfHumans

• Messiah
    • View Profile
I think I'm the last active member here who is an active gamer. :(
Or that's how it feels.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 09:22:54 PM by KingOfHumans »

Offline Golden Warrior

• ~GW~
  • Advisor
  • Chaos Angel
  • /Empire/Vector
    • View Profile
Having switched to being primarily a PC gamer, I won't be getting the NX on day one. However that being said, unlike the Wii and Wii U on which I have neither, I actually have been getting excited about the NX. It could be because I've been away from Nintendo franchises for so long and I miss them, but that aside the rumors (if true) are telling me that this could be a MAJOR step in the right direction for Nintendo which does make me excited.

I'll be waiting for it to come out and let it run for a month or two to see how well it does besides easy things like checking hardware specs and the like since it's common knowledge that hardware alone doesn't make a successful platform.
DDOEQ2
Argonnessen ServerCrushbone Server
Gustal Dymlos Human Fighter LV2Quaxialaem - Dark Elf Necromancer LV27
Woth Half-Orc Barbarian LV1Afuwkoac - Freeblood Shadowknight LV26
Kathanos Half-Elf Monk LV1 / Sorcerer LV1Zeekort - Troll Paladin LV52
ILomer - Human Gaurdian LV20
Ruliach - Fae Warden LV20
Naebiya - Wood Elf Beastlord LV29

The tediousness of paperwork makes my eyes burn and head hurt. Yet it is a necessary evil we all share. I like swords. Swords are simple. They aren't confusing or evil. Just straight forward implements of death. Have a nice day. ~GW

I like swords ~Fighter, 8-Bit Theater

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
Not getting one. Probably ever.
Never say never or always. In most cases, there is an exception to anything you can think of that you might use either word in. "Most likely" and "highly improbable" in a lot of those cases would ring true, but not never/always.

Offline Serge

• Red Ninja
  • Ascended
  • Red Ninja
    • View Profile
I don't believe the NX has even been speced out yet - has it?

^ Thank you Lady Ry'en ^_^

Offline KingOfHumans

• Messiah
    • View Profile
It's more of a test to see how many of you guys are Nintendo fans, and who's not.
A Nintendo fan doesn't need no specs before deciding if they should buy a Nintendo console or not.

Offline Lethes

• courage
  • Executive
    • View Profile
I'm not very interested in it. Having built my own PC (finally) I'm mainly going to use that. I do still have my Wii U and I'll be holding on to it for a while.
face your fears

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
I'm not a Nintendo fan. I'm not a Sony fan. And (yep, you guessed it) I'm not a Microsoft fan. I like games. Why would I buy a Nintendo console, when it clearly doesn't have a lineup of games to justify the money? Mario and Zelda aren't enough anymore to warrant buying a console. Nintendo could make more money if they released (good) ports of their older games on Steam. At least then they'd geet a broader market, and be able to shell out more newer games and possibly even get a decent lineup for the NX.
Never say never or always. In most cases, there is an exception to anything you can think of that you might use either word in. "Most likely" and "highly improbable" in a lot of those cases would ring true, but not never/always.

Offline Golden Warrior

• ~GW~
  • Advisor
  • Chaos Angel
  • /Empire/Vector
    • View Profile
I agree. That's why I'm planning on waiting a month or two after its released to see what the final product is and how well it does first.

I don't believe the NX has even been speced out yet - has it?

It hasn't. I'll be looking at the hardware when it gets released. Consoles are always under powered compared to PCs, but if Nintendo falls short on hardware (again) compared to the others, then it's going to be a harder sell for me.

It's more of a test to see how many of you guys are Nintendo fans, and who's not.
A Nintendo fan doesn't need no specs before deciding if they should buy a Nintendo console or not.

I failed then. :P

I agree that the best hardware doesn't make a great console (ex: the PS2), but when I invest in a console I want there to be something besides 1st party games to play. If the NX can start attracting 3rd parties back to Nintendo I'll get one.
DDOEQ2

The tediousness of paperwork makes my eyes burn and head hurt. Yet it is a necessary evil we all share. I like swords. Swords are simple. They aren't confusing or evil. Just straight forward implements of death. Have a nice day. ~GW

Offline KingOfHumans

• Messiah
    • View Profile
Breath of the Wild alone is convincing a lot of gamers to buy the NX on day 1.
The NX is off to a good start!

Offline Golden Warrior

• ~GW~
  • Advisor
  • Chaos Angel
  • /Empire/Vector
    • View Profile
I saw some of the E3 videos of it. It's a very expansive world from the looks of it. Some of it made me think of Zelda meats Skyrim which is not a bad match at all. Of all the Zelda games I've seen, it would appear that Breath of the Wild would benefit the most from a PC port, but we all know how tightfisted Nintendo is so that'll never happen so we'll have to make due with what either the Wii U or the NX can put out for it.

I'm not sold on buying the NX right after it comes out especially since I'm in the expensive process of getting the parts for my new gaming rig right now and afterwards I'll be looking into buying a house, but if they make a massive Mario64 like game and get a solid lineup of launch titles it may happen at some point next year if I have the money for it.
DDOEQ2

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
  • "May the moon light your path..."
    • View Profile
The NX just for Breath of the Wild? Nah. I am still getting Breath of the Wild for my Wii U, however. I am SO excited for that game.
-Aegis Runestone-
Thanks to Galadin at the Dissidia Forums for this Awesome Avatar!
My Library of Fan Stories. Come, read, and enjoy!
My ArchiveOfOurOwn.org Account
"It's better to stand for something than to fall for anything."- Snypa

Learn about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Mormon Messages

Offline Golden Warrior

• ~GW~
  • Advisor
  • Chaos Angel
  • /Empire/Vector
    • View Profile
In my case, I don't have a Wii U or even the original Wii so that's why I'm watching this to see if I want to get a NX or not.
DDOEQ2

Offline KingOfHumans

• Messiah
    • View Profile
I have a Wii U, but I'd rather go for the NX version, since I'm buying the Nintendo NX anyways

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  How many of you guys are planning on Purchasing the Nintendo NX Day 1?

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines Page created in 0.252 seconds with 20 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx