gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
484580 Posts in 28410 Topics by 2464 Members - Latest Member: austinrobert April 06, 2020, 04:04:41 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  General Chit Chat  |  I want to apologize again for reading PMs (did this a few months ago)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: I want to apologize again for reading PMs (did this a few months ago)  (Read 454 times)

Offline KingOfHumans

• Messiah
    • View Profile
Remember in the past, when I said I accessed the back end of TheGamingUniverse.
I apologized, for my actions, and ignored GU for a while.

Well, the thing is. Not all the necessarily steps were taken to inspect how I accessed the back-end of GU,
Nor, did no one ask me.

So, after 5-6 months passed by, I noticed, that access to the backend was still possible.
You see, there was a file made on the openzelda.thegaminguniverse made for reading any GU file.

(It's in the OZ admin folder. Rowan eventually changed the permissions for the OZ site, so not possible, but if you want, I can point of the file.
Anyways, Janus ftp info was PMed on ThegamingUniverse site, therefor, I was able to easily able to log in the FTP using his/her login info.

(Janus ftp eventually was removed, so I lost this access to)
------------------------------------------------
Anyways, during the time I did have access, I read the latest PMs.
I always let curiosity get the better of me.

And want to apologize who might of said anything personal in a PM.

I figured I should tell you this.
Will I do it again? Uhh, depends if there's any more back doors opened.
Last time, I assumed all back doors were closed, but because no one payed attention to the backend, I easily found my way in.
So, hopefully the back doors are closed, because curiosity will always get the better of me!

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
Re: I want to apologize again for reading PMs (did this a few months ago)
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 08:46:27 AM »
This was never publicized, KoH. We spoke at length of it via PMs about it. I am interested in seeing what exactly you did (or more accurattely, what I need to do to prevent this from happening again. I AM a little upset that you did not divulge the fact that you had Janus' ftp ibfo, but that's water under the bridge. As is, there aren't any ftp accounts besides mine that have complete access, and that won't be shared.
Never say never or always. In most cases, there is an exception to anything you can think of that you might use either word in. "Most likely" and "highly improbable" in a lot of those cases would ring true, but not never/always.

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  General Chit Chat  |  I want to apologize again for reading PMs (did this a few months ago)

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines Page created in 0.166 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx