gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
484586 Posts in 28410 Topics by 2464 Members - Latest Member: austinrobert July 14, 2020, 08:04:47 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  The one thing Nintendo is good at...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: The one thing Nintendo is good at...  (Read 2782 times)

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
Re: The one thing Nintendo is good at...
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2015, 12:04:53 PM »
The information I saw on it at some point in the last 6 months was that Doom 3 was a reboot of the original Doom, and Doom 4 is a reboot of Doom 2. Which makes absolutely no sense, but as long as it plays well. The gameplay video I saw where you had to rip the arm off of a corpse to use on a handprint scanner was an ingenius idea. I hope there is more stuff like that.

As for RPGs vs MMORPGs...I like both, to a limited extent. I loved the RPGs of old, where you didn't have to worry about kill steals and loot thieves. I also like the ability to play online with my friends. At one point there were four people in my (former) household that played Dungeons & Dragons Online. However, conflicting schedules and impatient players got in the way of it being fun. The average lifespan of a GOOD MMORPG is at most 8years, in my opinion. WoW was successful, but I couldn't get into it. DDO was successful for a time, but te developers aren't working with the community as well as they should be, and many things have been broken over time that they neglect. The list goes on and on. But the message remains the same. Online games get old after a time, unless you have a really good community of players to spend time with, doing what the genre is all about: branching out and making new friends. That is the primary difference between an RPG and an MMORPG. The goal of the game.
Never say never or always. In most cases, there is an exception to anything you can think of that you might use either word in. "Most likely" and "highly improbable" in a lot of those cases would ring true, but not never/always.

Offline Cyclone

• Higher Power
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zcnetwork.net
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2015, 12:21:13 PM »
AND THEN...THE NINTENDO CREATOR'S PROGRAM.

Sig. image courtesy of Chayy.

Sephiroth: How do I edit the first bullet bill so it's fire rate is less rapid
inori: Well, first you die. Then its fire rate goes down to zero.
Marrshu: No actually it continues firing

GU Award Winner of Best Moderator (early 2004) and Best Global Moderator (rest of 2004).

As a general rule. don't solve puzzles that will open a portal to hell. It will ruin your day.

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
  • "May the moon light your path..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2015, 06:20:53 PM »
AND THEN...THE NINTENDO CREATOR'S PROGRAM.

Interestingly enough, they haven't taken down my MZM 'How-to' videos.
-Aegis Runestone-
Thanks to Galadin at the Dissidia Forums for this Awesome Avatar!
My Library of Fan Stories. Come, read, and enjoy!
My ArchiveOfOurOwn.org Account
"It's better to stand for something than to fall for anything."- Snypa

Learn about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Mormon Messages

Offline Golden Warrior

• ~GW~
  • Advisor
  • Chaos Angel
  • /Empire/Vector
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2015, 08:33:25 PM »
They seem to focusing mostly on videos that are about hacked Mario games for the time being. I've also noticed that they're more than happy to leave the Mario Maker videos up, though I wonder if that would change if they made a Mario Maker 2.

As for the Nintendo Creators program, talk about a load of BS. On one hand it's good they did something for people who want to make videos that didn't result in automatic copyright claims, but on the other they really need to come down from Mt Fuji or what ever high place they're sitting in and look at reality. The way they're going they're going to become a small niche in the market and loose out on billions. Eventually, there will be generations of kids growing up not knowing who they are or even who Mario is and at that point they can forget about being able to get away with this crap if they just want to survive.

It's practices like that along with others that leaves me kind of torn. On one hand, I'm kind of hoping Shovel Knight or some other indie game character becomes the next big this so they can finally be tossed aside like yesterday's news so they'll be forced to change or disappear into the pages of history. On the other, since I grew up with Mario games, I don't want to see it disappear either.
DDOEQ2
Argonnessen ServerCrushbone Server
Gustal Dymlos Human Fighter LV2Quaxialaem - Dark Elf Necromancer LV27
Woth Half-Orc Barbarian LV1Afuwkoac - Freeblood Shadowknight LV26
Kathanos Half-Elf Monk LV1 / Sorcerer LV1Zeekort - Troll Paladin LV52
ILomer - Human Gaurdian LV20
Ruliach - Fae Warden LV20
Naebiya - Wood Elf Beastlord LV29

The tediousness of paperwork makes my eyes burn and head hurt. Yet it is a necessary evil we all share. I like swords. Swords are simple. They aren't confusing or evil. Just straight forward implements of death. Have a nice day. ~GW

I like swords ~Fighter, 8-Bit Theater

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2015, 09:07:19 AM »
I can see them going the same route Dega did. That would be most entertaining. And humbling for them.
Never say never or always. In most cases, there is an exception to anything you can think of that you might use either word in. "Most likely" and "highly improbable" in a lot of those cases would ring true, but not never/always.

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  The one thing Nintendo is good at...

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines Page created in 0.238 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx