gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
484580 Posts in 28410 Topics by 2464 Members - Latest Member: austinrobert April 06, 2020, 05:09:42 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  General Chit Chat  |  Health update
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Health update  (Read 1131 times)

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
Health update
« on: September 21, 2015, 01:17:23 PM »
So, it's been a minute since I last let everyone here know what's going on with my health. The infection is gone from my leg, and the wound is close to completely healing. My diabetes, however, has a lot of work ahead to get fixed. I've been seeing a doctor and getting help with getting there. I have received an insulin pump, and am awaiting training so that I may be able to start using it. However, I was laid off my job last Tuesday, so things are about to get hairy. I'm not sure how much I'll be forced to pay to keep my insurance policy (which saved my life with the pump; instead of $5000+, I only have to pay $26), so I may be forced to apply for medicaid to keep myself on the supplied I need.

I'm working on a couple of angles as far as a job goes, and will hopefully be employed again within the next few weeks, but it's not going to be a fun road.

And in case I haven't already said it, I appreciate the support you guys, my "other family," have provided. Cheers! ;)
Never say never or always. In most cases, there is an exception to anything you can think of that you might use either word in. "Most likely" and "highly improbable" in a lot of those cases would ring true, but not never/always.

Offline Golden Warrior

• ~GW~
  • Advisor
  • Chaos Angel
  • /Empire/Vector
    • View Profile
Re: Health update
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 06:36:38 PM »
Damn, one problem for another. Hope you land another job soon. At least it sounds like you have a few leads.

Glad your leg is doing better. That at least should make the job hunt a little easier especially if you end up at place where you're on your feet all the time.
DDOEQ2
Argonnessen ServerCrushbone Server
Gustal Dymlos Human Fighter LV2Quaxialaem - Dark Elf Necromancer LV27
Woth Half-Orc Barbarian LV1Afuwkoac - Freeblood Shadowknight LV26
Kathanos Half-Elf Monk LV1 / Sorcerer LV1Zeekort - Troll Paladin LV52
ILomer - Human Gaurdian LV20
Ruliach - Fae Warden LV20
Naebiya - Wood Elf Beastlord LV29

The tediousness of paperwork makes my eyes burn and head hurt. Yet it is a necessary evil we all share. I like swords. Swords are simple. They aren't confusing or evil. Just straight forward implements of death. Have a nice day. ~GW

I like swords ~Fighter, 8-Bit Theater

Offline Kaiser Infinity

• Ascended
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 10:20:30 PM »
Sorry to hear about the layoff. I remember how much I hated job hunting, but there's a chance you'll find something better soon enough. In the meantime, it might be good to pick up a hobby you've been meaning to get around to.
~Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.~

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 04:32:44 PM »
I'm actually working on getting my first novel finished, hopefully by the end of the year. It has been a longterm goal of mine for almost two decades. It'll most likely be just in ebook form, depending on who I go through. But that's the only hobby I have that's feasible to pursue at the moment.

As for the job hunt, my primary lead is fizzled down from what I was hoping to get. I was looking at getting in as a night stocker at Kroger, but the only opening they have at themoment is a meat department position, which I have an interview scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. I'm still looking, as I want to find something I can enjoy doing for a career, instead of just floating aimlessly from job to job like I have been. Only issue right now is I'm gonna have to shave my almost three inch long goatee because of the food service stuff. Can't have that falling into someone's meat, and a hairnet on my chin just sounds rediculous. ;p
Never say never or always. In most cases, there is an exception to anything you can think of that you might use either word in. "Most likely" and "highly improbable" in a lot of those cases would ring true, but not never/always.

Offline Kaiser Infinity

• Ascended
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 05:36:47 AM »
Have you looked into writing editorials or book reviews? Maybe you can hook up with a magazine or local newspaper. What's the story on the novel so far?
~Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.~

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2015, 12:35:35 AM »
The novel hasn't progressed. I've had a lot of crap to deal with in the past two months that has interferred with getting much work done on it other than a few general concepts I've been considering. You know...possible plots, foreshadowing...that sort of thing.

A new development today. I had to have more lasering done to my right eye, which is the "good" one, atm. I'm going back Oct 6th to get a medicine ninjected into that eye to hopefully avoid the same operation I had done on my left eye needing to be done on the right. In the meantime, more job hunting!

Offline Guardian

• The Power of Crazy!
  • Owner
  • Higher Power
  • Take me back to the Mother Ship!
    • View Profile
    • Guardian's Lair
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2015, 07:18:17 AM »
The novel hasn't progressed. I've had a lot of crap to deal with in the past two months that has interferred with getting much work done on it other than a few general concepts I've been considering. You know...possible plots, foreshadowing...that sort of thing.
As I keep saying, just write it.  You can edit later.  If you get wrapped around the axle just trying to get to the end, you'll never get there.  Trust me.
Read my novel, The Death Doll:
Paperback, eBook, or Audible

Latest Fight Comix Release:
2018 JANUARY 22
Episode 208: Filler: Mission Brief 3 (Part 2 of 4)!

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2015, 10:23:32 AM »
It's not the writing that's the problem, as I've already said. It's the time it needs to get it recorded.

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
  • "May the moon light your path..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2015, 10:32:25 AM »
Keep going, Rowan! Hang in there, you'll find a job.
-Aegis Runestone-
Thanks to Galadin at the Dissidia Forums for this Awesome Avatar!
My Library of Fan Stories. Come, read, and enjoy!
My ArchiveOfOurOwn.org Account
"It's better to stand for something than to fall for anything."- Snypa

Learn about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Mormon Messages

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  General Chit Chat  |  Health update

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines Page created in 0.195 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx