gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
484580 Posts in 28410 Topics by 2464 Members - Latest Member: austinrobert April 06, 2020, 04:07:18 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  General Chit Chat  |  Any vapers?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Any vapers?  (Read 1222 times)

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
Any vapers?
« on: August 27, 2015, 10:51:48 PM »
So, I switched from smoking to vaping back in February, thanks to SDG. I've gone through only three different tanks and 4 batteries. Started off with the pen style, thern went straight to sub-ohm after that.

So, does anyone else around herr vspe? If so, what kinds of flavor profiles do you use?
Never say never or always. In most cases, there is an exception to anything you can think of that you might use either word in. "Most likely" and "highly improbable" in a lot of those cases would ring true, but not never/always.

Offline Kaiser Infinity

• Ascended
    • View Profile
Re: Any vapers?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 08:43:56 AM »
What's the difference between the two? I know smoking impacts athletics, but I'm not familiar with vaping.
~Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.~

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 09:22:37 AM »
Well, the most obvious difference is the chemicals and carbon monoxide that smoking puts into your system. For example, back in January, SDG and I went to Rome for a couple days to hang with Joefalco. The entire time we were there, I did not smoke a single cigarette, only hitting SDG's e-cigarette. I worked the night I got back, and as usual, smoked a cigarette on each break (9:30PM - 6AM shift, two 15s and a 30 minute lunch). By the time third break came along, I could feel the effects of it all.

Another drastic difference is flavor. There are a great many different flavors being developed. I even found a roast beef flavot yesterday. Most flavors are drink, fruit, or dessert based, but that is changing.

Now for the obviously mandatory speach about nicotine and the fabled carcinogens In e-juice. Yes, most people use e-juice that contains nicotine. Is that bad? No. Nicotine is a stimulant, just like caffeine. If you're just an end user, the possibility of getting too much in your system is almost impossible, unless you get a really high nic level e-juice, and you'll find out very quickly if you've absorbed too much. If it's just a minor overdose as in this example, drink a caffeinated beverage. Your body's cells have receptors that both interact with, and the caffeine will save you from throwing up. Never use more than 6mg nic levels if you aren't a smoker when you start. I suggest no more than 3, personally. Especially if you move to a sub-ohm tank like what SDG and I use. Basically, the higher wattage used to power them creates more vapor. And introduces more nicotine as a result, in each puff you take. The reason we went to these tanks was the increased vapor also increased the flavor.

And now, the "carcinogens." E-juice is made from 4 basic components: vegetable glycerin, propylene glycol, nicotine, and the various flavorings used to make the flavor. Vegetable glycerin is a syrupy liquid that is used to create more vapor, and has a sweet taste to it. It's actually sold as a sweetener for drinks and such. Propylene glycol is a very common thing, as well. I have heard something about it being a major ingredient in antifreeze. It's also prevalent in foods as a preservative, and more importantly in those little plastic inhalers that save the lives of asthmatics on a daily basis, and have been since the 1950s or so. The nicotime we've discussed already, and since I didn't make it clear before, e-juice CAN be ordered with 0 nicotine. The "dweet spot" comes now, with the flavorings. There have been flavors (SDG mentioned butter in particular) that were found to have something in it that caused an illness known as "popcorn lung." That flavor, obviously, was pulled from the market and replaced with one that did not contain the stuff that caused this illness.

So, thay's most of the basics of e-cigs and vaping. A word of caution, however. People have been found to be allergic to PG. I highly recommend trying a tester unit at a vape shop to anyone interested in vaping before they go out and buy a unit of their own, for this specific reason.
Never say never or always. In most cases, there is an exception to anything you can think of that you might use either word in. "Most likely" and "highly improbable" in a lot of those cases would ring true, but not never/always.

Offline Magi_Hero

• Accepted
  • :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 02:34:00 PM »
I have a friend that started vaping not too long ago. I always try the different flavors he has. So far Strawberry Creme and Monkeybread are some favorites. I quit smoking cigarettes back in September. I have one here and there, but I mostly smoke cigars now. Vaping is a nice alternative to smoke.

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 07:26:34 PM »
I found a little more information on the carcinogenic stuff. The compound that causes the illness, which is generally called "popcorn worker's disease," is called diacetyl. I needed to find this information soon, because I'm about to start mixing my own e-juices, and the aforementioned butter flavor was only the primary flavor that contains it. Diacetyl is an artificial butter flavoring that causes the illness when heated and inhaled, hence the name. I tend to stay mainly with fruit flavors, but I've been known to try other stuff, as well, some of which may contain diacetyl.

Offline Kaiser Infinity

• Ascended
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2015, 08:07:43 PM »
Interesting. Nice to see you can enjoy a good smoke without wrecking your health, at least not much more than if you enjoy beer and coffee. Thanks Rowan.

Speaking of flavors, I wonder what kind of vape would pair well with a Funky Buddha Blueberry Cobbler beer. The sweet taste and smoothness of the drink is surprisingly good; the same brewers also managed to make a French Toast flavored beer, and it tastes amazing as well.
~Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.~

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2015, 08:49:15 PM »
There are a great many fruit based flavors available. Some good, some bad. It all depends on what you like, really. I'm a great fan of blueberry based flavors, myself. ;)

Offline Zeo

• Angel of Vengence
  • Founder
  • Chaos Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2015, 12:16:02 AM »
i'd suggest straw berry or banana
All cats have an attitude problem, just most have figured out humans are better at the game.

Truthful words are not beautiful; beautiful words are not truthful. Good words are not persuasive; persuasive words are not good.
Lao Tzu

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  General Chit Chat  |  Any vapers?

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines Page created in 0.163 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx