gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
484580 Posts in 28410 Topics by 2464 Members - Latest Member: austinrobert April 04, 2020, 08:28:03 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  General Chit Chat  |  Hospitalized
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Hospitalized  (Read 1242 times)

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
Hospitalized
« on: August 09, 2015, 07:26:32 AM »
So, I went to the ER last night, with an infection in my leg, from a poorly maintained scrape. It had gotten feverish in an attempt to expel the pus in it. Long story short,they think it's apparently serious enough to admit me. I'm on a Yancomycin (antibiotic) drip. I'll update as I can.
Never say never or always. In most cases, there is an exception to anything you can think of that you might use either word in. "Most likely" and "highly improbable" in a lot of those cases would ring true, but not never/always.

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
  • "May the moon light your path..."
    • View Profile
Re: Hospitalized
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 08:44:57 AM »
Ouch! :( That sounds pretty bad, Rowan. You'll make it through, though!
-Aegis Runestone-
Thanks to Galadin at the Dissidia Forums for this Awesome Avatar!
My Library of Fan Stories. Come, read, and enjoy!
My ArchiveOfOurOwn.org Account
"It's better to stand for something than to fall for anything."- Snypa

Learn about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Mormon Messages

Offline Guardian

• The Power of Crazy!
  • Owner
  • Higher Power
  • Take me back to the Mother Ship!
    • View Profile
    • Guardian's Lair
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 11:01:34 AM »
Do you mean a muscle scrape or a scrape that pierced flesh?  Either way, I hope it goes well very soon.
Read my novel, The Death Doll:
Paperback, eBook, or Audible

Latest Fight Comix Release:
2018 JANUARY 22
Episode 208: Filler: Mission Brief 3 (Part 2 of 4)!

Offline Golden Warrior

• ~GW~
  • Advisor
  • Chaos Angel
  • /Empire/Vector
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 04:38:57 PM »
Damn dude, hope you get better soon. At least you're on powerful meds so hopefully you won't be there too long.
DDOEQ2
Argonnessen ServerCrushbone Server
Gustal Dymlos Human Fighter LV2Quaxialaem - Dark Elf Necromancer LV27
Woth Half-Orc Barbarian LV1Afuwkoac - Freeblood Shadowknight LV26
Kathanos Half-Elf Monk LV1 / Sorcerer LV1Zeekort - Troll Paladin LV52
ILomer - Human Gaurdian LV20
Ruliach - Fae Warden LV20
Naebiya - Wood Elf Beastlord LV29

The tediousness of paperwork makes my eyes burn and head hurt. Yet it is a necessary evil we all share. I like swords. Swords are simple. They aren't confusing or evil. Just straight forward implements of death. Have a nice day. ~GW

I like swords ~Fighter, 8-Bit Theater

Offline Kaiser Infinity

• Ascended
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 02:13:04 PM »
Hope to hear back from you soon. How did you scrape yourself, and how long before it started to fester?
~Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.~

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 03:30:27 PM »
Sorry for the long delay in a response. I got out of the hospital on Wednesday evening. Last thing I heard before discharge was that it's a strain of Staph that's very killsble with penicillin. This all came about because (and I did not know about this) bacteria are attracted to sugars, and anyone that knows me will know that my blood sugars have always averaged high with my diabetes.

I'm cleaning and re
urse is a completely different scenario than mine).dressing the wound daily, and have follow up appointments with three doctors to see about getting my health better overall. Going back to work tonight, jopefully no mishaps will result.

However, one of my roomstes heard staph and jumped the gun, telling me I couldn't stay at home. Needless to say, I am looking to possibly move out in the next month or so. I'm extremely pissed at the guy because all he's going on is that they had to quarantine soldiers in Iraq for this (which of co
Never say never or always. In most cases, there is an exception to anything you can think of that you might use either word in. "Most likely" and "highly improbable" in a lot of those cases would ring true, but not never/always.

Offline Kaiser Infinity

• Ascended
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2015, 08:42:23 PM »
I remember reading some time ago that diabetes can be heavily mitigated by controlling your diet. I'd even heard it's curable that way. Ask your doctors about what you can do with your diet to manage your diabetes, and what kind of exercise you should start doing. Walking up to an half-hour a day would be an easy start.
~Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.~

Offline Zeo

• Angel of Vengence
  • Founder
  • Chaos Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2015, 05:06:06 AM »
actually, that depends on your weight, fi you;re more then 10-50 pounds or so overweight(exact figures depends on your frame), you don;t want to start with walking excessively because that will destroy your legs.

Push ups, push ups, push ups, sit ups, sit ups, sit ups.  there's a reason they made such a  big deal of them in the military. once you/are if you already are near, your target weight, Cardio Cardio, cardio.  THEN large amounts of walking and running.  you can't do much walking or running if you have no stamina, and you're crushing your knees and micro fracturing the long bones ion your legs.

Diet.  Almonds, pumpkin seeds, and spices. Cinnamon needs to be organic, not the flavored sawdust from the store.  This also helps with DH,T Weight, and a variety of other things.  Garlic, peppers, etc....

basically, anti oxidants and the monounsturated fats that most of us are told to avoid because they raise cholesterol, reduce blood sugar.  A nutritionist wold probably be the best bet to BALANCE these things.
All cats have an attitude problem, just most have figured out humans are better at the game.

Truthful words are not beautiful; beautiful words are not truthful. Good words are not persuasive; persuasive words are not good.
Lao Tzu

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2015, 07:43:29 AM »
Unfortunately, that applies to type 2 diabetes. I have type 1, aka juvenile diabetes aka insulin dependent diabetes.

Offline Kaiser Infinity

• Ascended
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2015, 09:34:10 AM »
Oh. Well, Zeo's got the right idea. A little exercise, along with a balanced diet, will help your metabolism and cardiovascular health, though that goes for everyone.

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  General Chit Chat  |  Hospitalized

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines Page created in 0.191 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx