gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
484574 Posts in 28409 Topics by 2464 Members - Latest Member: austinrobert December 15, 2019, 09:07:53 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  Spiritual Successor to Banjo-Kazooie
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Spiritual Successor to Banjo-Kazooie  (Read 927 times)

Offline Lethes

• courage
  • Executive
    • View Profile
Spiritual Successor to Banjo-Kazooie
« on: July 18, 2015, 12:12:35 AM »
ITS HAPPENING!!! Haha...

So earlier this year YookaLaylee was announced and started a Kickstarter to raise funds for development. The developers from Banjo-Kazooie left Rare to start this project, and suffice it to say the hype has been UNREAL.

Site can be found here.

The kickstarter gained almost 200,000 moneys in half an hour, and 1 million in 21 hours. Now the kickstarter has finished, with over 2 million in funds.

They also had many rewards for different ammounts of donations, like t shirts or a digital copy or whatever.

Personally, I am feeling the hype for this one hard. I loved Banjo-Kazooie, and the videos I've seen of the development so far, including the music, has brought a strong sense of nostalgia to me. At the time of the kickstarter i was a little short on cash, so I couldn't contribute, but when this game gets released I will definitely be purchasing it.

What do you guys think about it?
face your fears

Offline Golden Warrior

• ~GW~
  • Advisor
  • Chaos Angel
  • /Empire/Vector
    • View Profile
Re: Spiritual Successor to Banjo-Kazooie
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 07:39:41 AM »
Sounds good! :)

I can tell the Donkey Kong Country devs are working on it as the trees in the screenshots remind me of it. I didn't play Banjo-Kazooie, but since many of those devs also working on DKC, this does look like something I can look forward to. ;)

This reminds me of Mighty No. 9 where the Megaman devs left Capcom to make their own game their own way. I'm looking forward to that game too.
DDOEQ2
Argonnessen ServerCrushbone Server
Gustal Dymlos Human Fighter LV2Quaxialaem - Dark Elf Necromancer LV27
Woth Half-Orc Barbarian LV1Afuwkoac - Freeblood Shadowknight LV26
Kathanos Half-Elf Monk LV1 / Sorcerer LV1Zeekort - Troll Paladin LV52
ILomer - Human Gaurdian LV20
Ruliach - Fae Warden LV20
Naebiya - Wood Elf Beastlord LV29

The tediousness of paperwork makes my eyes burn and head hurt. Yet it is a necessary evil we all share. I like swords. Swords are simple. They aren't confusing or evil. Just straight forward implements of death. Have a nice day. ~GW

I like swords ~Fighter, 8-Bit Theater

Offline xainy

• Moe~
  • Scholar
  • can't find the exit...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 08:33:44 AM »
I backed another game last year that's also somewhat of a spiritual successor to games like BK, but not by the same dev team [though they did recruit Grant Kirkhope AKA the voice of Mumbo Jumbo and Donkey Kong to compose a song and voice a character]. I'll probably look into Yooka when it comes out too.

Here's the one I backed: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lefthanded/lobodestroyo-3d-action-platformer-game/description

Offline Kaiser Infinity

• Ascended
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 02:21:11 PM »
Oh boy, Mighty No. 9. I could tell a tale or two about that business. It went from big success to big disappointment, same way as Schafer's Broken Age.

Yooka-Laylee, on the other hand, looks like the real deal. Solid, beautiful gameplay footage right out of the gate, and notable former devs on Banjo Kazooie. Didn't back it, but looking forward to it all the same.
~Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.~

Offline Aliem

• Ț̼͍̩̹̥̞̩̖͝ ̺̰̟͝s̸҉̜̜̘̥̥̤̬͓͔̰͔̩ͅ ̴̡̭̪͍͇̕c̦̀̀͡ͅ&
  • Advisor
  • Messiah
  • Oh hai Mark
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2016, 08:30:04 AM »
I backed Yooka Layle as soon as I heard about it.  Between this and Psychonauts 2 action/adventure platformers seem to be making a slow comeback.

Also, Rare's platformers were always better than Nintendo's (Except DK64 - that game was a clusterfuck of awful), so  have high hopes for this one.

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  Spiritual Successor to Banjo-Kazooie

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines Page created in 0.118 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx