gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
484574 Posts in 28409 Topics by 2464 Members - Latest Member: austinrobert December 15, 2019, 08:31:28 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  Can it be? Yes, it's finally happening!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Can it be? Yes, it's finally happening!  (Read 1849 times)

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
Can it be? Yes, it's finally happening!
« on: June 16, 2015, 08:53:54 AM »
https://youtu.be/Kznek1uNVsg

Yes, I know most of you already know ;p
Never say never or always. In most cases, there is an exception to anything you can think of that you might use either word in. "Most likely" and "highly improbable" in a lot of those cases would ring true, but not never/always.

Offline Magi_Hero

• Accepted
  • :D
    • View Profile
Re: Can it be? Yes, it's finally happening!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 09:03:11 AM »
Yeah. I'm only a little excited since the game is god awfully long (and fun!) but I had thought they canned the attempt and was ok with it.

I will be waiting for the PC version.

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 06:40:51 PM »
The entire franchise is on sale on Steam today. I grabbed the FFIV bundle, so I can play through those two games at some point, too. The remake was announced to have "started development" yesterday, so it's still gonna be a wait.
Never say never or always. In most cases, there is an exception to anything you can think of that you might use either word in. "Most likely" and "highly improbable" in a lot of those cases would ring true, but not never/always.

Offline MottZilla

• Atoned
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Gaiden IV
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 01:04:12 PM »
I just hope they do a solid job on it. With all the waiting for them to do it, they need to make sure it's polished to perfection.
Ninja Gaiden IV:
Homepage

Offline Golden Warrior

• ~GW~
  • Advisor
  • Chaos Angel
  • /Empire/Vector
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2015, 06:45:30 PM »
Agreed. While it's about time they're finally doing it, it's going to need more than updated graphics to get me excited. I'm hoping for some more content to flesh out the story more and have more things to do on the side that adds more to the story.

I wonder if they'll add in the content they originally cut from FFVII like all the stuff they cut from the Honey Bee Inn.

I also hope they make Chocobo breeding less annoying.
DDOEQ2
Argonnessen ServerCrushbone Server
Gustal Dymlos Human Fighter LV2Quaxialaem - Dark Elf Necromancer LV27
Woth Half-Orc Barbarian LV1Afuwkoac - Freeblood Shadowknight LV26
Kathanos Half-Elf Monk LV1 / Sorcerer LV1Zeekort - Troll Paladin LV52
ILomer - Human Gaurdian LV20
Ruliach - Fae Warden LV20
Naebiya - Wood Elf Beastlord LV29

The tediousness of paperwork makes my eyes burn and head hurt. Yet it is a necessary evil we all share. I like swords. Swords are simple. They aren't confusing or evil. Just straight forward implements of death. Have a nice day. ~GW

I like swords ~Fighter, 8-Bit Theater

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 09:36:35 PM »
I'm just trying to fathom how horrible Cloud's gonna look in a dress ;p

Offline Golden Warrior

• ~GW~
  • Advisor
  • Chaos Angel
  • /Empire/Vector
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2015, 04:48:32 PM »
Lol, that a scary thought by itself.

That reminds me, I hope they don't jack up the battle system and how materia is used. I've been hearing rumors that they're going to redesign it.
DDOEQ2

The tediousness of paperwork makes my eyes burn and head hurt. Yet it is a necessary evil we all share. I like swords. Swords are simple. They aren't confusing or evil. Just straight forward implements of death. Have a nice day. ~GW

Offline Magi_Hero

• Accepted
  • :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2015, 08:20:58 PM »
I just want to see the bike chase redesigned. That would be the ideal teaser for me.

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
  • "May the moon light your path..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2015, 12:06:50 PM »
I just want to see the bike chase redesigned. That would be the ideal teaser for me.

That would be awesome. And also make it so you have the option to re-try it if you didn't like the results.
-Aegis Runestone-
Thanks to Galadin at the Dissidia Forums for this Awesome Avatar!
My Library of Fan Stories. Come, read, and enjoy!
My ArchiveOfOurOwn.org Account
"It's better to stand for something than to fall for anything."- Snypa

Learn about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Mormon Messages

Offline Golden Warrior

• ~GW~
  • Advisor
  • Chaos Angel
  • /Empire/Vector
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2015, 09:00:23 PM »
I'm not to worried about having a re-try for the bike chase in the story since you can do it as many times as you want late on (same with all the mini games actually). Though it would be nice to see things like obstacles in the road like traffic, pot holes, etc.

It would be good to see the submarine game redone. It was way too easy compared to the other mini games IMO.
DDOEQ2

Offline Kaiser Infinity

• Ascended
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2015, 05:02:45 PM »
I'm cautiously optimistic. The trailer looks promising; no radical changes to Cloud or Barett, a well fleshed-out Midgar, looks better than Advent Children. I think it'll be great to experience a real FFVII renaissance, rather than the cavalcade of portable-only spinoff games and the depressing movie. i just hope Nomura knows what he's doing. This is the same guy directing and designing characters for the Kingdom Hearts games.

I wonder what he has in mind for the battle system, just for starters. Next I'm wondering whether or not the fateful flashback in the Nibelheim reactor will follow more the way it happened in the original, in the Last Order OVA, or be changed up somehow.
~Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.~

Offline Golden Warrior

• ~GW~
  • Advisor
  • Chaos Angel
  • /Empire/Vector
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2015, 07:33:42 AM »
If they do change the flashback, I hope they add more content from Crisis Core to it. I haven't played it, but I hear it adds quite a lot to it.
DDOEQ2

Offline Kaiser Infinity

• Ascended
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2015, 04:45:10 PM »
I went ahead and saw the cutscene. The only differences I noted were that Sephiroth somehow didn't hear him coming to stab him in the spine in Crisis Core, whereas in the original he turns around too late. He also never walked past Cloud down the stairs. Cloud ran up to him with Zack's Buster sword, and then everything went down the same as in the game, but in Jenova's chamber instead of the entrance.

They did the same in Last Order as in Crisis Core, but instead of Sephiroth being hurled by Cloud into the Mako pit, Sephiroth throws himself in.

The cutscene in Crisis Core lacked the same umph as in the original game. Maybe I'm misremembering it, but having the high point of the FF7 Main Theme playing as Cloud throws him by his sword made for a truly awesome scene. I hope they do it justice in the remake, as the rest of the game.
~Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.~

Offline Aliem

• Ț̼͍̩̹̥̞̩̖͝ ̺̰̟͝s̸҉̜̜̘̥̥̤̬͓͔̰͔̩ͅ ̴̡̭̪͍͇̕c̦̀̀͡ͅ&
  • Advisor
  • Messiah
  • Oh hai Mark
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2016, 08:10:05 AM »
I don't care that I'm late to this party.

This remake will be, I hope, the last one.  Square Enix needs to stop resting on laurels and create something new.  It's been a decade since a new Final Fantasy concept was revealed.  FFXIII and XV were revealed in 2006 and XIV, then codenamed Rapture was revealed in 2005.  I don't care about old games anyore.  Yeah it's super neat I can play Final Fantasy IV while taking a crap, but what's actually new?

As far as the actual game goes, I'm glad they're going with episodes, though I hope they're not either too short or released too far apart.  Something tells me one of those problems will exist, though.

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  Can it be? Yes, it's finally happening!

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines Page created in 0.21 seconds with 20 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx