gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
484580 Posts in 28410 Topics by 2464 Members - Latest Member: austinrobert April 02, 2020, 09:54:51 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Dev Lab  |  Game Development  |  Retro Nes Game - "Darkness Inside"
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Retro Nes Game - "Darkness Inside"  (Read 2358 times)

Offline FBEpyon

• Accepted
    • View Profile
Retro Nes Game - "Darkness Inside"
« on: June 03, 2015, 02:37:09 AM »
Hello All,

I wanted to share something with you; I have been working on a game for a few weeks now, and just wanted to give you a screenshot of the work in progress..

A few of us were I live have been working on this concept for a few years, but I was very lazy and didn't want to start working on it.  I was convinced to start working on it again, and because I had already programmed most of the code for another game I was thinking about doing I decided to start working on this one instead.

Anyways here is the preview screen shot..  Mind you this is not even close to final product, and only an example of one level idea (graphics). I still haven't decided how I want to do the GUI for life bar and things yet.

See Attachment.. 

**This will most likely become a commercial project so please do not use the graphics you see here unless written permission has been given.**
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 04:14:07 AM by FBEpyon »
FBEpyon - That Dude That's Not Dead

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
Re: Retro Nes Game - "Darkness Inside"
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 03:04:24 PM »
Looks like Zelda 2. I like it already. ;) Keep me posted on this. Especially if you get it made  for PC especially especially if you get it on Steam
Never say never or always. In most cases, there is an exception to anything you can think of that you might use either word in. "Most likely" and "highly improbable" in a lot of those cases would ring true, but not never/always.

Offline FBEpyon

• Accepted
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 03:18:47 AM »
Hello, so I wanted to give you another update on this so far.. The group and I decided that we needed to change the power meters, and health..

This game is suppose to take place in the early 20th century so yeah, having magic and stuff didn't make any sense... Also Enemy meter was a no go as well...

What we have done now is added a RAGE meter this will effect how the B button (Button 2) is used.  Certain abilities will require you to have enough rage to use it.

Magic is now called POWER this is used for B Button + Up or  B Button + Down.  These are abilities like HEALING, FLAME SHIELD, etc...

ALSO!!!

Meet our main player, he has yet to be given a name....

Let me know THANKS!!

See Attachment.. 

**This will most likely become a commercial project so please do not use the graphics you see here unless written permission has been given.**

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 03:52:41 AM »
I like the look so far. Do you have anything plotwise planned? Depending on that, you can actually have magic involved (take Harry Potter for example), but it's your group's project, not mine. Either way, I'f like to see the final product. 2D platformers are kinda my thing, though I play a lot of different genres. :)
Never say never or always. In most cases, there is an exception to anything you can think of that you might use either word in. "Most likely" and "highly improbable" in a lot of those cases would ring true, but not never/always.

Offline FBEpyon

• Accepted
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 04:02:50 AM »
Hey Aerik, I sent you a private message about the plot....

Offline FBEpyon

• Accepted
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2015, 02:58:31 AM »
*Update - Yes Double Post :P*

For those interested in updates on the process I have been posting graphics update (progress updates, not final works) on Pixel Joint.

http://www.pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=23533&PN=1

Check it out I will be posting mostly Beta updates here as we work forward on the project..

Thanks...

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2015, 08:49:04 PM »
I like what I've seen so far, both here and elsewhere. Keep in mind that until you seen him walking (and doing other things) in the engine, you won't be able to judge how well the animation works for it.

Also, keep in mind that you're always going to be your harshest critic. You're doing fine, just keep at it. ;)

Offline FBEpyon

• Accepted
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2015, 02:49:13 AM »
Here is another update, just added the the animations to the HUD.. You will need to zoom on the attachment...

Let me know!!

Thanks,

Offline FBEpyon

• Accepted
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2015, 03:15:54 PM »
Added New Background Tiles, and some new ground tile test.. There are multiple palette options as well...

Offline FBEpyon

• Accepted
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2015, 12:21:38 AM »
This is going to be the last level concept for a while because I need to get to coding again lol..

*EDIT UPDATE*

Changed a few things here.. Smaller bars, Equipment Icons, and Changed the names of the status bars..
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 04:19:37 AM by FBEpyon »

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2015, 07:03:59 AM »
Awesome stuff. Can't wait to see this bad boy in action ;)

Offline FBEpyon

• Accepted
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2015, 05:23:01 AM »
Hello,

I have a basic movement engine done now...  Here it is...

http://www.thegaminguniverse.org/FBEpyon/realease130615.zip

Let me know what FPS you get :P

*Edit*

Controls Sorry:

A/D Moves Left/Right
Jump is Space

Thanks,
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 05:25:51 AM by FBEpyon »

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2015, 09:28:40 AM »
Working on getting my Steam directory zipped up and then copied so I won't have to download all my games all over again, then reinstalling Windows to try and get through whatever is affecting my system. I'll check it out later. This is gonna take a couple days from what I remember of the last time I did this. :/

Offline FBEpyon

• Accepted
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2015, 02:56:56 PM »
Soo.. Progress is slow right now..   I go on vacation in two days, and won't be able to get back to it until 29th..  But things are progressing, I switched to MonkeyX from trying to play around with C++/SDL and Blitzmax.

By going to MonkeyX this lets me port it all major Platforms, and Android.

Offline FBEpyon

• Accepted
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2015, 04:06:57 AM »
Okay so I got the web version of the game working, so if you want to continue to see progress from this point forward..

http://www.thegaminguniverse.org/FBEpyon/game/

Left / Right - Move
A / D - Move
Space - Jumps

Let me know, I'm having to do a complete rewrite of what I have already done, but here it is..
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 04:31:12 AM by FBEpyon »

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Dev Lab  |  Game Development  |  Retro Nes Game - "Darkness Inside"

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines Page created in 0.152 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx