gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
484569 Posts in 28409 Topics by 2464 Members - Latest Member: austinrobert December 09, 2019, 08:35:39 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  Pokemon Snap
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Pokemon Snap  (Read 850 times)

Offline Reth_Eldirood

• Enigmatic Immortal
  • Let It Rain
    • View Profile
Pokemon Snap
« on: April 23, 2015, 11:24:03 PM »
So, this is largely sparked by this article

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/masuda-talks-about-a-pokemon-snap-sequel

and I remembered how much I loved this game.  I'm not really a big fan of Pokemon in general, it just never clicked with me, but Snap really worked with me.  A friend of mine, after I described the gameplay to him, commented that it sounded like you were playing as the Pokemon world's equivalent of a young Steve Irwin, which retroactively made my memories more awesome.

But, beyond being an underappreciated gem of the N64, there has not been any sequel, and it's now fifteen years on.  Nintendo does have a propensity for revisiting its nostalgia, so I'd like to see a follow-up myself.  I was discussing this with friends and we came up with a list of features that might make a sequel worthwhile, as Masuda mentioned that a straight remake was not what they wanted to do.

Time cycles, weather cycles, and potentially seasonal cycles, for more versatility and a sense of randomness and more opportunities for different Pokemon to be present in different situations (creating opportunities for the Special images)
Zoom options to get photos of Pokemon that might get aggressive if you're too close.
Potentially a plot with Team Rocket requiring you to also get photographic evidence to expose them
Longer game, more stages and areas, and branching paths within stages (beyond just secret exits)

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?  Maybe we can get enough ideas together and nail the 95 Theses of Pokemon Snap Reform to Nintendo's door.
Māthair mbeannacht ort.  (Mother's blessing upon you.)

"What kind of Foolamancer are you?"
"What kind are you, that made a natural fool of an artificial one?"
Stanley and the Foolamancer, Erfworld

"I should have mentioned - never dare the universe to get weirder."
- Dead Debbie, Indefensible Positions

Current projects:
Twitch streaming Fridays and Saturdays starting 9 PM EST

Offline xainy

• Moe~
  • Scholar
  • can't find the exit...
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Snap
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 04:38:11 AM »
Pretty funny, I just started playing a Pokemon Snap rom last week. I never did manage to own the game [and if I had, my ex would have stolen it along with all my other N64 carts], so that was my first time playing it at all. It was super fun! If they did reboot it, I'd definitely buy it.

I like your ideas, especially the zoom feature and Team Rocket plot. Don't really have any ideas myself that weren't already mentioned. I'll have to think on it!

Offline Aliem

• Ț̼͍á̩̹̥̞̩̖͝ ̺̰̟͝s̸҉̜̜̘̥̥é̤̬͓͔̰͔̩ͅ ̴̡̭̪͍͇̕c̦̀̀͡ͅ&
  • Advisor
  • Messiah
  • Oh hai Mark
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Snap
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2016, 08:46:50 AM »
I was all about this game as a kid.  Played the ever loving crap out of it.  Getting a good rating on Mew was the hardest n64 accomplishment I ever had.  A remake or sequel should have been a Wii U launch title.  It really was a no-brainer.  GameFreak and Nintendo dropped the ball (on this entire console generation, bruh).

Your ideas are really interesting, too.  Different weather conditions could mean different pokemon out and about, or the same ones doing rare poses.  A story mode would be a definite plus as well.

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  Pokemon Snap

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines Page created in 0.178 seconds with 20 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx