gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
484574 Posts in 28409 Topics by 2464 Members - Latest Member: austinrobert December 15, 2019, 08:51:02 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  Final Fantasy IV: The After Years
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Final Fantasy IV: The After Years  (Read 1318 times)

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
Final Fantasy IV: The After Years
« on: April 23, 2015, 01:31:29 PM »
So, I was in the Humble Bundle store just looking around when I discovered this on pre-order. While it wasn't my favorite 2D FF game, number 4 was a close second, especially considering the transformation Cecil goes through (it holds a deep meaning for me because of one of my spirit animals).

Anyway, I never finished 4, but looking at the trailer vid, I am stoked for this game. Apparently it's set close to 20 years later, and successors to the group are involved, including a child of Cecil and Rosa, Ceodore. I have been planning on eventually buying 4 on Steam, and this just upped the ante.

The release shown in the trailer is May 12th, but that may be a Japanese release date. It doesn't show up on Steam, yet.
Never say never or always. In most cases, there is an exception to anything you can think of that you might use either word in. "Most likely" and "highly improbable" in a lot of those cases would ring true, but not never/always.

Offline Magi_Hero

• Accepted
  • :D
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy IV: The After Years
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 04:02:28 PM »
I had it on my Wii but never finished it. I also ditched my Wii. I do have this on my PC in PSP format. It's another of a ton of games I need to finish. Overall of what I played in it previously, it's basically just like playing IV with different characters and script.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 04:04:51 PM by Magi_Hero »

Offline MottZilla

• Atoned
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Gaiden IV
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 11:53:48 AM »
I know a bot bumped this, but I thought I should mention this is available on the PSP and is awesome. I bought it awhile back. I think it's called the Final Fantasy IV Collection.
Ninja Gaiden IV:
Homepage

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2015, 12:53:22 PM »
I don't own a PSP anymore, and was not aware it wasn't actually new. *shrugs*
Never say never or always. In most cases, there is an exception to anything you can think of that you might use either word in. "Most likely" and "highly improbable" in a lot of those cases would ring true, but not never/always.

Offline Golden Warrior

• ~GW~
  • Advisor
  • Chaos Angel
  • /Empire/Vector
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 08:26:30 PM »
As I recall it was also released for mobile devices before it hit the PSP. I got it on steam, but I'm going to finish my FF7 play through first before I got back to FF4 and then I'll hit one.
DDOEQ2
Argonnessen ServerCrushbone Server
Gustal Dymlos Human Fighter LV2Quaxialaem - Dark Elf Necromancer LV27
Woth Half-Orc Barbarian LV1Afuwkoac - Freeblood Shadowknight LV26
Kathanos Half-Elf Monk LV1 / Sorcerer LV1Zeekort - Troll Paladin LV52
ILomer - Human Gaurdian LV20
Ruliach - Fae Warden LV20
Naebiya - Wood Elf Beastlord LV29

The tediousness of paperwork makes my eyes burn and head hurt. Yet it is a necessary evil we all share. I like swords. Swords are simple. They aren't confusing or evil. Just straight forward implements of death. Have a nice day. ~GW

I like swords ~Fighter, 8-Bit Theater

Offline Magi_Hero

• Accepted
  • :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2015, 10:37:51 AM »
So I actually popped this open on a newer PSP Emulator. Old ones I used usually had issues with playing encrypted and/or licensed PSP games. I'm already stuck because the After Years is completely unforgiving at times, so I need to drop it every few deaths. Ceodore's special ability I find is pretty trash if you end up critical a few turns after using it.

Offline Aliem

• Ț̼͍̩̹̥̞̩̖͝ ̺̰̟͝s̸҉̜̜̘̥̥̤̬͓͔̰͔̩ͅ ̴̡̭̪͍͇̕c̦̀̀͡ͅ&
  • Advisor
  • Messiah
  • Oh hai Mark
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2016, 08:42:40 AM »
I don't care how old this topic is, this board needs activity.

Anyway, I got this on steam a while back.  Haven't played that version, but I remember the original wiiware game being something of a turd.  From what I hear, the PSP version is the way to go.

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  Final Fantasy IV: The After Years

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines Page created in 0.175 seconds with 20 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx