gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
484574 Posts in 28409 Topics by 2464 Members - Latest Member: austinrobert December 12, 2019, 06:51:15 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  I think I like my Vita more than my 3DS...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: I think I like my Vita more than my 3DS...  (Read 543 times)

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
  • "May the moon light your path..."
    • View Profile
I think I like my Vita more than my 3DS...
« on: May 11, 2013, 02:04:57 PM »
I have a PS Vita, and well, I have AC: Bloodlines on it and Final Fantasy 6 (PS1 version). I like the Vita better because of its range of "Virtual Console" games. I mean, the 3DS is nice, but... there's no GBA games! Fusion's not there, Minish Cap's not there. Why bother with a 3DS when the DS can play those GBA games? For me, there's no reason to have a 3DS. I'm thinking of selling it on eBay after formatting it.

For one thing, I need the money, and I really can't have two of the handhelds at the same time. Call me a traitor to Nintendo, but I think the Vita is just better. Plus, I pre-ordered a copy of Muramasa Rebirth and I don't see why I wouldn't want to own it for the Vita.

Anyway, maybe this is a pointless post, but I think the Vita is better in terms of "VC" content. What do you think?
-Aegis Runestone-
Thanks to Galadin at the Dissidia Forums for this Awesome Avatar!
My Library of Fan Stories. Come, read, and enjoy!
My ArchiveOfOurOwn.org Account
"It's better to stand for something than to fall for anything."- Snypa

Learn about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Mormon Messages

Offline Aezen

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: I think I like my Vita more than my 3DS...
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 05:52:02 PM »
I don't know about you, but I buy a system to primarily play games made for that system.  I don't base my decision to buy it on whether or not it can play older generation games (though it is nice if it can).  Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Fire Emblem Awakening are enough to justify keeping my 3DS, though I do agree that Nintendo has really missed an opportunity with VC.  It's like they don't want money.

As for you being a "traitor" to Nintendo and thinking the Vita is just better?  That's silly.  There's really no need for comparisons like that.  You prefer the Vita, whether it's because you like the games on it, the controls, or the graphics.  That's cool, but it doesn't make it better.  I am very much platform agnostic and believe that the important thing is being able to play what you want, when you want to, and how you want to.  If you're thinking of selling your 3DS because you need the money, that is your justification.  You don't need any more of a reason than that.  Don't make it into a Vita vs 3DS thing.

I don't currently own a Vita, but both Muramasa Rebirth and the recently released Soul Sacrifice are making some very compelling arguments for me to get one.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 05:54:31 PM by Aezen »
Silverstone Sugo SG02 | Asus Maximus V GENE | Intel i5-3570K | Kingston 8GB DDR3
EVGA GTX 660 Ti 2GB | Samsung 830 series 128GB SSD | WD Black 1TB/WD Blue 500GB
Steam  |                                        |  Xbox Live  |

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 12:08:58 PM »
LoL I was kidding with the 'traitor' thing. Yeah, a lot of people have told me the same thing. But I did buy a Vita for a Vita game: Muramasa. It's just that it's not coming out until June. So, I got a couple of games to tide me down.

I wanted some games to tide me down on my 3DS until I had the money for Fire Emblem, but... their VC selection is lacking. :(
-Aegis Runestone-

Mormon Messages

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 11:25:24 AM »
Also, Sony has AWESOME Customer service. I've dealt with them three times and every time, they answered my question. :D Their CS level is at Amazon's, which is really good.
-Aegis Runestone-

Mormon Messages

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  I think I like my Vita more than my 3DS...

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines Page created in 0.103 seconds with 19 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx