gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
484569 Posts in 28409 Topics by 2464 Members - Latest Member: austinrobert December 08, 2019, 05:29:28 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  I got Skyrim via Steam
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: I got Skyrim via Steam  (Read 11490 times)

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
  • "May the moon light your path..."
    • View Profile
Re: I got Skyrim via Steam
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2013, 01:05:29 PM »
So, I absorbed my first dragon. I want a house to store things in but... it costs 5000 gold. I only have 200. Where can I earn more? I'm level 5.
-Aegis Runestone-
Thanks to Galadin at the Dissidia Forums for this Awesome Avatar!
My Library of Fan Stories. Come, read, and enjoy!
My ArchiveOfOurOwn.org Account
"It's better to stand for something than to fall for anything."- Snypa

Learn about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Mormon Messages

Offline Aliem

• Ț̼͍̩̹̥̞̩̖͝ ̺̰̟͝s̸҉̜̜̘̥̥̤̬͓͔̰͔̩ͅ ̴̡̭̪͍͇̕c̦̀̀͡ͅ&
  • Advisor
  • Messiah
  • Oh hai Mark
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2013, 02:31:47 PM »
Yes and running skyrim through skse loader doesnt change that.  It simply runs skyrim through steam while also allowing the script extensions to also run.  Without this, skyui isn't useable.

To earn septims, do quests.  Talk to people, ask about work at bars and inns, ask about rumors.  You can also just go dungeon crawling and sell the loot you find.

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2013, 03:54:46 PM »
Thanks! BTW: I have a question about magic items. You know the grey bar they have? What happens when it runs out? Does the item just lose its power temporary or does the item break?
-Aegis Runestone-

Mormon Messages

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2013, 05:39:11 PM »
I dumped a lot of my stuff down the hill next to the blacksmith in Whiterun until I could afford Breezehome I need to purchase Hearthfire soon, too. Funny thing about the house you can acquire from Hearthfire is my roomate got punted by a giant right after walking outside once :p
Never say never or always. In most cases, there is an exception to anything you can think of that you might use either word in. "Most likely" and "highly improbable" in a lot of those cases would ring true, but not never/always.

Offline Aliem

• Advisor
  • Messiah
  • Oh hai Mark
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2013, 09:08:28 PM »
That's enchantment charge.  If it runs out, the enchantment doesn't work, and you have to refill it with soul gems.  Weapons and armor don't break in Skyrim like they did in Morrowind or Oblivion.  Which is nice.

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2013, 06:17:16 AM »
To charge the item, you go to it in your inventory and hit T, I think (migraine running rampant atm). It'll let you select between the (charged) soul gems in your inventory to charge it.
Never say never or always. In most cases, there is an exception to anything you can think of that you might use either word in. "Most likely" and "highly improbable" in a lot of those cases would ring true, but not never/always.

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2013, 02:50:49 PM »
Yeah, my brother told me that yesterday about enchanted items. I have some soul gems, so I can use them to charge enchantments?

Also, do you have to be online with steam to get achievements?
-Aegis Runestone-

Mormon Messages

Offline Aliem

• Advisor
  • Messiah
  • Oh hai Mark
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2013, 05:49:49 PM »
No, you don't.

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2013, 06:36:19 PM »
Okay. I made a flaming Orcish Sword (I tried to name it "Firebrand," but it didn't... let me?), but its charge is really low and I feel like I'm wasting soul gems.

Where's a good place to get good soul gems and how you charge empty ones?
-Aegis Runestone-

Mormon Messages

Offline Aliem

• Advisor
  • Messiah
  • Oh hai Mark
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2013, 07:54:23 PM »
Your enchanting skill is still low. You gain skill levels by enchanting more things.  Disenchanting raises level quickly but try todidisenchant powerful spells to get the most out of it.  You can only disenchant items for enchantments you don't already know.

To fill a soul gem you will need to soul trap enemies.  You can only trap humanoid enemies (the playable races) in black soul gems.  The more powerful the enemy the "bigger" the soul.  Grand souls are the biggest and can be harvested from people (bandits are a great source) and boss Draugr.  Soul gems can only be used once.

To bolster the effects of enchanting, you can create fortify enchanting potions.  It is best to make them instead of buying them so you can buff alchemy as well.

To get a start, try mining a load of iron and make daggers, then enchant them with Banish and sell them.  Banish is one of thr most magicka draining enchantments, so it is a really good way to grind exp.

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2013, 01:47:26 AM »
To rename an item, you hit the F key, I think. It'll take you to the name of the item and you change it, then hit Enter to confirm the new name.

There's a cave near Whiterun, to the North, that has the Transmute spell in it. There are a lot of iron veins in it to mine.

As for filling soul gems, I have both a bow and a dagger with the Soul Trap enchantment. Until I got into the cave I'm in now, they were the only magical weapons I used. Now I'm alternating between a Soul Trap Elven Bow and a Fire enchanted dagger (Draugr Wights and the ones with use of the Voice whose name I can't remember right now for soul trapping, and the bloody Frost Atronachs they conjure).

Offline Machimatrix

• Master of the d20
  • Accepted
    • View Profile
    • Machimatrix on Twitch
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2013, 07:57:49 AM »
It's a bit more advanced, but there's the Azura's Star, a Daedric relic you can get around level 10 (I believe). It's a Black Soul Gem that can be filled and used an infinite amount of times. It's incredibly useful for enchanting as all Black Souls (humanoid souls) are considered Grand.
Steam: Machimatrix
Twitch: /Machimatrix

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2013, 11:27:15 AM »
Thank you all! I made some fun magic items: I made from a Skyforge Steel Sword (Fine) into a Sword that does Magicka damage, and I named it "Alexis' Runeblade" (Yes, I'm playing a female character, she's a high elf). Then I took a Fine Silver Sword and added Fire Damage to it. Named it "Silver Sword of Flame." I assume since Undead are, generally, weak to fire and silver weapons that it would make an excellent undead slaying sword.

Then I disenchanted my Imperial Bow of Fatigue (does Stamina damage), and then enchanted a better bow with the Stamina damage. It's called "Alexis' Bow of Power" (Kinda ironic).

I also have a house in Whiterun, Breezehome; I had enough money to do all the decorations (which is nice because I can store items there now), except I didn't do the Alchemy Lab. That was not because I was poor, but because I don't want a lab yet.

Anyway, I'm in Karthspire and I'm trying to figure out the three pillar puzzle. Anyone got any tips?
-Aegis Runestone-

Mormon Messages

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2013, 04:09:19 PM »
Anyone got any suggestions for Forelhost? I'm at 22 with a light armor user (using Mord Sith armor from a mod) with not much of use against the boss guy. Who'd have thought that in an area loaded with ice users that the main guy would be a fire user? -_-

Btw, Lydia should be shot. Shot dead. She's sprung more traps than I havee tenfold in this area. -.-

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2013, 05:47:30 PM »
Which ENB should I get?

Also, will I be able to play with the mods on offline mode?

Edit: You can. Also, I'm getting an error with SkyUI. It keeps telling me that "SEKE" (or whatever) is not working properly. :( The SkyUI is very nice, and it seems to work... but... if the SKSE is not working properly, I could have bugs. :S

Edit2: It works now if I run the skse_loader.exe However, I want to run Skyrim from STEAM, how can I do that while loading the skse?
Did ya'll get your mods from http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/12923 ? I discovered the site a while back with Oblivion. The Mod Manager program helps a lot, and there are directions on the Nexus page for the script extender to make things easy.

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  I got Skyrim via Steam

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines Page created in 0.203 seconds with 19 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx