gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
484569 Posts in 28409 Topics by 2464 Members - Latest Member: austinrobert December 09, 2019, 09:15:35 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  "Miss classic cRPG's like Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, and Planescape: Torment?"
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: "Miss classic cRPG's like Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, and Planescape: Torment?"  (Read 476 times)

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
Enter Obsidian Entertainment, an established developer, whose people are responsible for games like Planescape:Torment, Fallout 1, 2 & New Vegas, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2, and Neverwinter Nights 2. They are running a kickstarter for Project Eternity, a party based RPG that will be released on PC, Mac, and even linux.

The low down: They need money (don't we all) to finish the project. However, your donation actually buys a license for the game in one of several forms, depending on how much you pay. The bad nws is you are buying a license for a specific operating system, so you'll still have to "buy" a separate license if you can't emulate it with wine or something similar.

Personally, I hate having to swith OSes in order to play a game, but I develop on occasion in linux, and the only games I play are Windows, so I deal with it, regardless. However, I'm going to be getting this gem for linux, for the very obvious fact that linux needs gaming in order to truly thrive, and native games are not taken seriously. That needs to change.

You can find more info on the game itself here.
Never say never or always. In most cases, there is an exception to anything you can think of that you might use either word in. "Most likely" and "highly improbable" in a lot of those cases would ring true, but not never/always.

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
  • "May the moon light your path..."
    • View Profile
Interesting. For linux, too? That would make a lot of people happy.
-Aegis Runestone-
Thanks to Galadin at the Dissidia Forums for this Awesome Avatar!
My Library of Fan Stories. Come, read, and enjoy!
My ArchiveOfOurOwn.org Account
"It's better to stand for something than to fall for anything."- Snypa

Learn about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Mormon Messages

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
Out of all the games these people are associated with, I only finished Planescape: Torment, and it had an excellent storyline that would be hard to beat. I'm game for them to try. ;]
Never say never or always. In most cases, there is an exception to anything you can think of that you might use either word in. "Most likely" and "highly improbable" in a lot of those cases would ring true, but not never/always.

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  "Miss classic cRPG's like Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, and Planescape: Torment?"

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines Page created in 0.134 seconds with 20 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx