gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
484586 Posts in 28410 Topics by 2463 Members - Latest Member: austinrobert August 06, 2020, 01:42:28 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  TF2 Trading Q&A and suggestions
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: TF2 Trading Q&A and suggestions  (Read 6870 times)

Offline KingOfHumans

• Messiah
    • View Profile
Re: TF2 Trading Q&A and suggestions
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2012, 06:05:04 PM »
Don't matter if your F2P :)

A: If an item is a month old then the price will not drop by much usually. Search tf2p and outpost to see how well it's selling.
Use "http://backpack.tf/" to find the price of the item and hover over the price. It will tell you if the price was voted up or down.
You may also click on "suggest new price" to see which way traders are trying to vote it. Lastly, be careful around holidays...
Festives, buds, keys are high but may crash around Christmas.

Offline checkmyquads

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2012, 11:11:51 PM »
I got the Indubitably Green(paint).
Is it a good item to start with?
Someone offered me the Strange Half-Zatoichi and 1 scrap metal for it.

Are crates #43-44 worth a damn?

Is scrap-banking safe to attempt with my paint tool?

What should I do with all the dropped Uniques that I can't trade? Delete them?

steamcommunity.com/id/19527/
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 11:14:17 PM by checkmyquads »

Offline KingOfHumans

• Messiah
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2012, 02:17:10 AM »
I got the Indubitably Green(paint).
Is it a good item to start with?

A: First of all it's cheap so you won't lose much profit. Second, you'll notice a lot of traders trying to sell for more then the sheet, so it's safe.

Someone offered me the Strange Half-Zatoichi and 1 scrap metal for it.
A: Did you even look at the price of each item? You would be selling an item worth 0.66 - 1 for 0.44 - 0.77, where's the profit?

Are crates #43-44 worth a damn?
A: Only if you get them free and you get at least 10 of them. Once you got 10, you can sell for a scrap with time.

Is scrap-banking safe to attempt with my paint tool?
A: You can't scrap bank with paint. First sell the paint for as much metal as you can, then turn all that metal into scrap. Then you can scrap bank.

What should I do with all the dropped Uniques that I can't trade? Delete them?
A: Delete the weapons & crates. Achievement hats & miscs can only be achieved, so if you can try to keep these.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 02:23:19 AM by KingOfHumans »

Offline checkmyquads

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2012, 03:20:12 PM »
First sell the paint for as much metal as you can, then turn all that metal into scrap. Then you can scrap bank.

What do you mean by metal and scrap?
Isn't scrap(metal) considered to be metal?

Offline KingOfHumans

• Messiah
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2012, 03:32:23 PM »
This is what happens when I answer questions late into the night. :)
Metal = refined(max price of the paint), then take that refined and get a bunch of weapons.

http://tf2scrap.com
Here's a site to scrap bank, haven't tested if they accept refined metal, if not find someone who will give you change(if your f2p)

Offline checkmyquads

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2012, 03:49:55 PM »
This is what happens when I answer questions late into the night. :)
Metal = refined(max price of the paint), then take that refined and get a bunch of weapons.

http://tf2scrap.com
Here's a site to scrap bank, haven't tested if they accept refined metal, if not find someone who will give you change(if your f2p)

Hmm. Alright.

What kind of items should I aim for after getting refined for my paint? Strange?

Offline zeliboid8

• Learner
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2012, 03:58:15 PM »
So I've been making loads of profit lately (you know that, lots of keys) and I got to the point where I started selling festives. I've got two questions.

First question: Christmas Items (like festives, kringle, etc.) will have a major price change during Christmas. In your video, you said the prices would crash, but would the prices surely go down? All traders state that the prices will go up, due to Christmas. (maybe a new festive crate will come). Also, how do you know which way the prices of some items will go? (Up or down, on holidays, etc.)

Second question: As you know, I have made lots of profit. I have several keys worth of items, and I'd like to see if I could start larger trading. When I get to unusuals, who should I take advice from? I know you haven't done it before, so are you going to try it too? :D

Thanks, and your advice has been wonderful in the past.   :cool:

~ Zeliboid, F2P Trader + Advice Noob

Offline KingOfHumans

• Messiah
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2012, 04:13:48 PM »
First A: Once christmas is over the demand for these items will drop. Everyone will of bought keys for their friends so tons of traders will have keys.
I can't answer this question 100% accurately. One reason is I haven't been around for a TF2 christmas. Two, I've been talking with older traders who all say the same thing.
I learned about 3 months ago that buds would reach 28 keys, and in time, they were right.

Second A: Take advice from traders who have a lot of unusuals and watch their videos. Either way, I suggest buying an unusual for 8 - 10 keys just to get yourself started so you don't lose any real profit.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 04:15:29 PM by KingOfHumans »

Offline zeliboid8

• Learner
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2012, 07:26:28 PM »
So... following my last post, I know you aren't an unusual trader but... what is the cheapest unusual you can get? :D

Thanks!

~Zeliboid8

Offline KingOfHumans

• Messiah
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2012, 08:25:14 PM »
8 keys with luck...they told me that I'd have a better chance with a black bills(10 keys).
Everywhere you look you'll see traders selling their bills hat for an unusual.
It will probably be gifted and/or duped, however don't buy right away. Check all the different offers you receive and look up the prices on the sheet.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 08:29:20 PM by KingOfHumans »

Offline checkmyquads

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2012, 04:48:54 PM »
So I've been trying to trade Crit-a-Cola, Force-a-Nature and Machina for 1 scrap or 2 clean weapons each.
Am I doing it right? Barely anyone trades me. I got 2 people who wanted Force-a-Nature, but one offered bad items(uncraftable) and the other one couldn't trade me because my loadout wasn't available.

Also, I've been told that no one buys weapons for a scrap anymore.

Offline KingOfHumans

• Messiah
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2012, 06:36:34 PM »
Press f5 if there's no loadout, and selling weapons takes time if you only have a few.
I sold two weapons in 5 - 8 hours in a trade server.
After you get a few scrap, start looking for those cheap deals instead of selling cheap weapons.
The one reason to work yourself up is to gain a basic knowledge of prices and how hard trading can be, gets a little easier with time, but it's not a quick thing.

Offline checkmyquads

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2012, 10:26:33 PM »
Press f5 if there's no loadout, and selling weapons takes time if you only have a few.
I sold two weapons in 5 - 8 hours in a trade server.
After you get a few scrap, start looking for those cheap deals instead of selling cheap weapons.
The one reason to work yourself up is to gain a basic knowledge of prices and how hard trading can be, gets a little easier with time, but it's not a quick thing.

Finally sold Force-a-Nature and The Machina for 1 scrap each after your post. Spent 2 days "advertising" them. Still got to sell Crit-a-Cola, but I'll try to do that tommorow.

As for The Candy Cane - should I sell it too? If I wait for Christmas will I be able to sell it for more scrap metal(say 2-3x more) then?

Offline KingOfHumans

• Messiah
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2012, 10:59:33 PM »
I doubt something that cheap will rise, but if you want to wait just to gain a few scrap, go for it.

Offline checkmyquads

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2012, 08:24:46 PM »
I doubt something that cheap will rise, but if you want to wait just to gain a few scrap, go for it.
Okay. I sold the last two items today which brings me to a couple of questions.

Scrapbanking:
1. So, do I just scrapbank every scrap of metal in my backpack(4 at the moment) for any 2 clean items traders will offer me? Are there any of the clean items I should avoid scrapbanking for? E.g. Crit-a-Cola was tough to sell, but every other weapon went away pretty fast therefore maybe I should avoid trading for secondary weapon slot items such as this one?

2. One of the players on a trade server told me that selling each weapon for a scrap is obsolete deal now because of TF2Scrap website when I was trying to sell my items. I checked the site and noticed that it does "reverse scrapbanking". So, they give away 2 weapons for 1 scrap, yet I sold mine for 1 each. What are your thoughts on that? Does the site pose a big threat to F2P players who are trying to start trading?

Spreadsheets:
1. Every item I checked against Backpack.tf and TF2Spreadsheet websites ended up giving me different results. Backpack.tf gave every ordinary weapon 0.05 ref, yet TF2Spreadsheet gave 0.11 for the same ones. Why is that so?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 08:27:02 PM by checkmyquads »

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  TF2 Trading Q&A and suggestions

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines Page created in 0.241 seconds with 20 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx