gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
484576 Posts in 28410 Topics by 2464 Members - Latest Member: austinrobert January 25, 2020, 08:32:29 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  TF2 Trading Q&A and suggestions
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: TF2 Trading Q&A and suggestions  (Read 6443 times)

Offline KingOfHumans

• Messiah
    • View Profile
TF2 Trading Q&A and suggestions
« on: September 21, 2012, 02:49:17 AM »
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm giving out four free weapon for anyone who posts a good question!
Here's how to get four free weapons.

1. Post a decent question.
2. Post a link to your steam account.
3. Your question needs to be good enough to be picked. You may submit multiple questions.
4. At this time, only giving out 20 weapons.
5. When I make the video, I will contact all steam members who submitted.

*I raised the rewards for good questions because most common questions have been asked, so you have to think harder.*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since I got a lot of questions now, here is a list of questions that I don't consider good enough to make it into a video(you can ask me personally)

1. Price checks.
2. Questions about unusuals(I don't have any experience so most likely I can't answer)
3. Questions that have nothing to do with trading.

For all you TF2 fans out there, feel free to ask me questions about trading.(btw, GU members plan on getting some people I know to join here and post)

Trading Video PlayList

Video 1 Questions And Answers
Question 1 - Is Episode 3 the final trading episode? (common question)
Answer 1 - Nope, Episode 4 is being made. When I finished episode 3, I wasn't 100% sure what episode will be about. The trading tutorials will keep going until I do unusual trading.

Question 2 - In your trading title you say that you can get premium without spending a dime. What does that mean?
Answer 2 - You do actually have to spend money to upgrade to premium, however you can earn the money just by trading up. Not everyone can afford $5, so this way you can upgrade and not actually have to use money from your own pocket.

Question 3 - Your rich, will you give me a free item?
Answer 3 - No, I hate beggars. :) When you trade up and up, it takes time, if you want to get rich in TF2, just buy low and sell high.

-----------------------------------------

Vidoeo 2 Question And Answers

Question 1(zeliboid8) - One thing I'd like to know about is what servers you use to make your trades. I've realized that skilled players don't want basic weapons like "Jarate" and "The Cow Mangler". Are there any "beginner" servers that you trade on?
Answer 1 - I type "trade" in the tags and then join any server that let's me. Next, I advertise the exact weapons I'm selling. Last, I stay on a server no longer then 30 min.  Trading sites(outpost, tf2 trading post) can help, bump as often as possible. Sometimes you will sell in an hour, othertimes only a weapon in one day.

Question 2(KingOfHeart) - I found a good deal and posted to "add me" because I'm F2P but the seller is not adding me. What should I do?
Answer 2 - As a F2P this will happen a lot. Go to their profile. If they are in TF2, click the link to join their game. You can trade in TF2.

Question 3(KingOfHeart) - TF2TP isn't listing all my items. Why?
Answer 3 - This site can be a little buggy. To fix, open up TF2 organize your backpack, and wait a few minutes.

Question 4(zeliboid8) - So recently I've been using your methods a lot, but I've been running out of inventory space. What should I do, other than delete crates?
Answer 4 - Answer: It's time to start looking for better deals. Buy rec items for a scrap or two, 2 rec for 3-4 scrap. Buy buying more expensive items, you can make more profit with each trade and save more room in your BP. Study how well the item sells otherwise you might be stuck with it.

Question 5(KingOfHeart) - In your trading video you payed X amount for an item. I managed to find better deals, you sure your a good trader?
Answer 5 - Finding good deals has to do with luck and time. If you don't have much time then you'll need more luck. Sometimes due to lack of time, I settle for decent deals rather then great deals.

-----------------------------------
Vidoeo 3 Question And Answers

Question 1(likemyshoe, profiles/76561198071388899) - Are you using the Spreadsheet or another Pricing Page?
Answer 1 - I take a quick look at spreadsheet, then I search tf2tp and outpost to see what traders are paying.
Remember, you make the prices, the spreadsheet just copies you. Recently I increased the price on backpack.tf of a strange kritzkreig because it was priced too low.

Question 2(DerpStaBack, profiles/76561198064945223) - Is there another way to get a starting weapon to trade if you don't have any premium friends on tf2?
Answer 2 - Yes, do a favor for someone. I know someone who made some sprays for someone, recieved a few keys. Since you did a favor for me so you will get two free weapons.

Question 3(refuzzion, id/MegisticSpirit) - How do you spot a steady price on spreadsheet, and how exactly you know if the item is wanted or not.?
Answer 3 - If an item is a month old then the price will not drop by much usually. Search tf2p and outpost to see how well it's selling.
Use "http://backpack.tf/" to find the price of the item and hover over the price. It will tell you if the price was voted up or down.
You may also click on "vote on prices" to see which way traders are trying to vote it. Lastly, be careful around holidays...
Festives, buds, keys are high but may crash around Christmas.

Question 4(checkmyquads, id/19527) - I got the Indubitably Green(paint).
Is it a good item to start with?
Answer 4 - First of all it's cheap so you won't lose much profit. Second, you'll notice a lot of traders trying to sell for more then the sheet, so it's safe.

Question 5(checkmyquads, id/19527)  - Are crates #43-44 worth a damn?
Answer 5 - Only if you get them free or super cheap and you get at least 10 of them. Once you got 10, you can sell for a scrap together with time.

Vidoeo 4 Question And Answers < Video Coming soon
Question 1(KingOfHeart) - Someone has a stock item for sale, is it rare?
Answer 1 - Nope. Even though it's not droppable, you can get yourself enough by adding a description tag and then removing it.
backpack.tf will list these item's prices as well if your not sure.

Question 2(checkmyquads) - I was trying to sell my paint(sells for 0.66 - 1) today, and one guy offered 3 Stranges:

Reserve Shooter
Shortstop
Bazaar Bargain

I declined because I wanted metal instead.
Was it a good offer?
I looked at the spreadsheets and they kind of did cover my asking price especially the reserve shooter.

Answer 2 - Just looked at tf2tp and saw the reserve alone sold for 1.44. The shortstop sells for 0.33-. Lastly the bazaar bargain sells for 0.66-.
Even though some traders try to sell your paint for 1.33, so still lost out for some good profit. You make the prices, the spreadsheet tries to copy you, but sometimes takes a while to update.

Question 3(checkmyquads) - When should I start trading stranges? I already have 1 ref and 3 scrap in my backpack. Still have 7 normal weapons to sell, but in the end I'll end up with 2 ref if I don't keep scrapbanking after that.
Answer 3 - You can start buying stranges as soon as you get a scrap or two.

Question 4(KingOfHeart) - What's the best way to get a trader to give you a good deal?
Answer 4 - First of all, never ever say "I just bought one for X price"  Second, a trader that's not getting what he wants, can quickly get aggravated. So try to be friendly to him and he might just be friendly enough to change his mind. It worked sometimes for me.

Question 5(checkmyquads) - How do you deal with sellers who don't agree with your offer for their item?

Answer 5 - Depends on how much your lowballing and the type of seller. If it shows firm price, move on.
If their trade has been opened for more then a week, and rejected many offers then move on.
If they rejected decent lowballs, move on.
Some sellers want to make a profit, so they have no reason to accept your lowballs.

Vidoeo 5 Question And Answers

Non-Video Question and Answers

Question 1 - Why does this forum have no TF2 section?
Answer 1: Not many TF2 member yet. However, get involved with this forum(even if it's just a welcome thread or tell us about yourself), and in time we should be able to get one. Just respect this place, and they'll respect you back.

Question 2 - What is your 5th tutorial video about and when will it be done?
Answer 2 - The 5th video is about accessories(strange parts, paints) and rare items(rare levels, glitches, low craft numbers). Don't for a release date, good odds for 2012 though.

Question 3 - Will you do any other TF2 videos besides trading tutorials?
Answer 3 - I got another idea for a series. It won't ever be "How to play a class"...mainly because I'm not super skilled. I could do one for sentry spots though.
-----------------------

Post your questions below.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 02:55:06 AM by KingOfHumans »

Offline zeliboid8

• Learner
    • View Profile
Re: TF2 Trading Q&A and suggestions
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 07:48:51 PM »
Your videos were great! One thing I'd like to know about is what servers you use to make your trades. I've realized that skilled players don't want basic weapons like "Jarate" and "The Cow Mangler". Are there any "beginner" servers that you trade on?

Secondly, when I can't get someone to buy my items, what should I do? I bump my posts, but still nobody wants it.

Thanks for you help, and good luck!

Offline KingOfHumans

• Messiah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 07:56:11 PM »
"One thing I'd like to know about is what servers you use to make your trades. I've realized that skilled players don't want basic weapons like "Jarate" and "The Cow Mangler". Are there any "beginner" servers that you trade on?"

I type "trade" in the tags and then join any server that let's me. Next, I advertise the exact weapons I'm selling. Last, I stay on a server no longer then 30 min.  Trading sites(outpost, tf2 trading post) can help, bump as often as possible. Sometimes you will sell in an hour, othertimes only a weapon in one day.

Offline zeliboid8

• Learner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 03:48:29 PM »
So recently I've been using your methods a lot, but I've been running out of inventory space. What should I do, other than delete crates?

Offline KingOfHumans

• Messiah
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 03:54:16 PM »
Answer: It's time to start looking for better deals. Buy rec items for a scrap or two, 2 rec for 3-4 scrap. Buy buying more expensive items, you can make more profit with each trade and save more room in your BP. Study how well the item sells otherwise you might be stuck with it.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 04:02:49 PM by KingOfHumans »

Offline zeliboid8

• Learner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 09:33:46 PM »
Could I get a free weapon? Lol.

Anyway... Could you make a video with selling stranges... etc.
More advanced stuff, like going from Unique weapon selling to Strange Weapon selling.

Offline KingOfHumans

• Messiah
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2012, 09:51:46 PM »
Video 3 has some strange selling unless if you mean constantly selling strange weapons.

Offline bloxboy305

• Learner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2012, 11:51:51 AM »
i can't get anyone to accept a trade, could you help?
That is all  :p

Offline KingOfHumans

• Messiah
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2012, 03:37:27 PM »
A little confused on what you mean.
Will need a better question that that/more details.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 04:39:30 PM by KingOfHumans »

Offline likemyshoe

• Learner
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2012, 06:30:10 PM »
Are you using the Spreadsheet or another Pricing Page?

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198071388899/

Offline KingOfHumans

• Messiah
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2012, 06:32:36 PM »
I take a quick look at spreadsheet, then I search tf2tp and outpost to see what people are paying.
Remember, you make the prices, the spreadsheet just copies you. Recently I increased the price on backpack.tf of a strange kritzkreig because it was priced too low.

Offline DerpStaBack

• Learner
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2012, 01:23:39 AM »
Is there another way to get a starting weapon to trade if you don't have any premium friends on tf2? steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198064945223

Offline KingOfHumans

• Messiah
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2012, 01:36:57 AM »
Yes, do a favor for someone. I know someone who made some sprays for someone got a few keys. Since you did a favor for me so you will get two free weapons.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 01:38:48 AM by KingOfHumans »

Offline DerpStaBack

• Learner
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2012, 01:45:49 AM »
thanks for answering my question

Offline refuzzion

• Learner
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2012, 02:43:58 PM »
How do you spot a steady price on spreadsheet, and how exactly you know if the item is wanted or not. My steam is MegisticSpirit
http://steamcommunity.com/id/megisticspirit
And no, I'm not F2P.

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  TF2 Trading Q&A and suggestions

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines Page created in 0.139 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx