gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
484375 Posts in 28384 Topics by 2466 Members - Latest Member: Second Channel September 21, 2018, 01:24:20 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  The Archives  |  Archived Projects  |  Ninja Gaiden IV: Darkness Reborn (Moderators: MottZilla, Guardian)  |  Team Ninja Unkende 4
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Team Ninja Unkende 4  (Read 7706 times)

2nd Channel

Team Ninja Unkende 4
« on: April 08, 2012, 02:30:51 AM »
Hello I apologize in advance for my English. I am writing in Google.Translate.
I'm a big fan of the game Ninja Gaiden on the NES. Also, like you, I want to make it a sequel. Continuation of the original stories. My game is called Team Ninja Unkende 4. Name of the protagonist "Unkende" instead Ryu Hayabusa. The name "Unkende" came from pirated NES cartridge. I have long since called it a ninja, and then when he found out his real name, I did not like it and left Unkende and the former name of the game Team Ninja Unkende. The desire to make the game came after, when I saw your project NG4: Darkness Reborn. I would like to thank the Guardian for the site, which he opened. There was a lot of interesting sprites. I think that you do not mind that I have used them.
I develop a game on the Gamay Maker 7. A few days ago I posted on the Internet the first beta of the first level. I am really serious and want to complete the game. If you're interested, you can watch the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGG1BPyR4XM&list=UUpDiZjLAotZS8qF1jKNruQg&index=1&feature=plcp

And download the game: http://www.ninja-unkende4.narod.ru/Unkende-4.rar

I hope you are interested in my project.
The game in Russian. I myself azerbaijanian. Of the foreign language better than I know Russian.

I want to ask your help. For the project we need new sprites. Looking for new sprites for the bosses, Robert and cutsenes.
I know that you can very fun to draw. so I want to ask you. Forgot to say, the history of the game is a direct prodozheniem the original trilogy. Ashtar is the main boss. And also all the other bosses back from the original trilogy. If you are interested must contact us. Let's continue to do together. I hope you understand what I wrote here. Good luck!

Offline Guardian

• The Power of Crazy!
  • Higher Power
  • Take me back to the Mother Ship!
    • View Profile
    • Guardian's Lair
Re: Team Ninja Unkende 4
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 07:06:21 PM »
First, the game: I'd be a better critic if I could read Russian, but I liked what I saw so far. 

Second, the sprites: sure, use'em!  Just make sure you credit me and this project (if anything MottZilla or the others contributed ends up in your game, please credit them, too)!  I don't know when I'll have time to make more (in fact, I'm not counting on it).  If you need the Ashtar sprites and I didn't post them, here they are.

Third, how'd your story bring Robert T.S. back?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 07:08:26 PM by Guardian »
Read my novel, The Death Doll:
Paperback, eBook, or Audible

Latest Fight Comix Release:
2018 JANUARY 22
Episode 208: Filler: Mission Brief 3 (Part 2 of 4)!

2nd Channel

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 07:03:37 AM »
Thank you. I tried. Now I continue to work.
Of course, I will point out all those who once helped develop the project. Including you, and your game. It was after I saw NGIV: Darkness Reborn, I wanted to make a proper sequel.
Robert wasn't killed in NG2! Throughout the third part, he secretly helped Ryu (Unkende), and in that moment when he would announce his presence, Castle Rock was falling apart. He did not have time. And now, when all the villains are back, he again tells about himself and now with Unkende going to overcome all difficulties.

I'm working alone. Do not know how to paint. So I beg for help, because otherwise the game will be Serious flaws. Forgot to say that the game is both a remake and a continuation of the story. I have a lot of sprites from your own site (I mean new). Ashtar as well. In the near time of need sprites for the second boss - Dando.
Ashtar's sprites from your post I already have. I found them on your website, which has, unfortunately, does not work.
Thanks again for your reply.

Offline Guardian

• The Power of Crazy!
  • Higher Power
    • View Profile
    • Guardian's Lair
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 04:21:22 PM »
Interesting angle on your game (same perspective on Robert TS ... I agree that he wasn't shown DYING in NG2).  Have you read my storyline script?  What'd you think of my perspective (and how similar in certain spots)?

If I had time to make more graphics, I'd have finished all my characters in this game.  I probably won't be able to at this point.  Sorry.  I do however have what I made before.  Here's a few (Dando--as requested, the ninja version of the Doppelganger/Ryu double, the Jaquio (unfinished), and that one guy in NG3 level 6-2 that was too easy and never appeared anywhere else in the game (until now, when I turned him into a boss).  I have more I can post later, including Irene (as a boss!), A.Foster (him, too), and a few others.

2018 JANUARY 22

2nd Channel

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 01:57:31 AM »
Thank you for your sprites. I really like them:). I found them on your website (animated sprites), mentioned in a previous post. But you laid out in the sprite sheet, there are some frames that are not in the animated sprites. So once again thank you.
Your version of the story I've seen on this forum. Start reading, and then forgotten. But the story NGIV I know. Honestly, I do not like everything in it (maybe because I have my own version of this story :)). I do not remember how to name the main villain in your story, but if I understand correctly, this is some kind of demon ninja. I would like to see the main boss Ashtar (do not do him vice Emperor of Darkness).
In general, I am for your project for a long time I watch (I learned about it in May, 2009), found a lot of interesting information and resources. I hope that you will not mind if I use, for example, your sprites. Authorship of course point out.

Now, specifically about the sprites.
Dando, in principle I like (I have it already was), but I did not like the color. I have it painted yellow, as in the NES-version. I'll have to add him another new movement. I want to teach him how to throw knives.
Jaquio also made very cool. I still have not decided which of the versions of it I like. From NG1 (NG2 do not have one) or this one. Then decide.
The mask as a boss - a good idea. And I wanted some time to see it as a boss. But now when I'm working on the game itself, I began to doubt. I enter the game all the enemies of the trilogy, as well as games SMS, TG16, and so on. So I do not know if I use this mask as a boss or not. But anyway, I want to make a new boss-demon mask. Just do not know if I'll use this as an enemy or a boss will have to draw another mask.
Doppelganger, too, made great. But in my game, he will take the same form as in NG3 - the shape of a bio-noid.

I would really appreciate any help. Your sprites are very helpful to the project. So please, put as much of the material. If I do not use it, and I still very interesting to watch.
Animation of Irene as she creates some of its twinning I've seen. But only saw it. Whether to use it as a boss I do not yet decided. I thought, but has not yet been decided. By the way, in your story as far as I know there are multiple endings (good and bad). In my stories will be only one - a good one.
In general, lay Irene. I would like to see :).
Your sprites of Foster I liked. He is sure to be the boss. Lay and his sprite sheets, please, too. I still plan to make it turning into a bio-noid.

In general, thanks for helping. I look forward to more. Put me how much of the material. You certainly will be mentioned in the credits.

It is a pity that you do not draw. I'll have to learn. Can you suggest some lessons for the pixel art? Generally, as you painted yourself? How much time is spent?
Thank you again. And sorry for my english:) I hope you understand what I wrote.

Offline Guardian

• The Power of Crazy!
  • Higher Power
    • View Profile
    • Guardian's Lair
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 08:00:25 AM »
Irene is basically a souped-up version of the Masked Devil.  Difference: she would split up, disappear, then each of the four parts would fade in, attack, and fade out in-turn ... all while you fight the glowing orb that's holding her in her trance.

Doppelganger's intent in my game is not just to fight what I've posted there, but rather to have him transform regularly (until you kill him) between the human form, the 2nd form (NG3-5-3) and the 3rd form (NG3-6-3).  So, in a way, I'm right there with you on the form thing ... I just wanted to use all three.

The mask was mostly because I hated seeing him only one time and, even then, doing nothing but walk.  Such a waste of a unique design!  If you use him, even as a demi-boss, he'd simply grow, shoot at you, and then his body would disappear until it was just the big mask while the mask charged at you, then reappear and shoot at you again. 

Here's a few more.
1. A. Foster.  Concept: use Clancy's last robot-like form (NG3-7-6) as a vessel that Foster rides in.  Kill the shield, then kill the robot, then Foster pops out (easy kill, just fast and shoots at you).  I never got around to doing much else with the robot form, so if you want to use it as it was then go for it.
2. Mantiss (NG3-1-2 boss).  Not finished.  Basically he's still regularly hiding behind his shields, but more aggressively comes at you.  He'll throw the flames on the floor again, but also throw them in bursts directly at you.
3. Masaaki (named after a real ninja master, though the following wasn't meant as an insult) is basically a Ryu clone, but the idea is that he'd be capable of most of what Ryu was capable in the first three games.  Maybe a LITTLE slower.
4. Bloody Malth!  Yes, BLOODY MALTH!!  My concept for him was to make him a swordsman with the occasional lightning attack.  Also not finished.

I think the rest I have are the new bosses I created, which are specific to my NG4.  The only other one really is my Demon Ninja (the Demon reborn in humanoid form--who, like Doppelganger, would regularly transform between 3 forms).  He's mine ... and you have no interest in him anyway ... so, no worries there;^)   I fooled with Bomberman a little (changed his little sickle to a chain with axe, which (like the Barbarian) can get stuck in the floor occasionally -- I may tile him for you soon).  All I did with Baron Spider was give him spider shoulder/hip pads, but I had much more in mind for that dude.  I haven't even touched the other bosses like Great Koganei, Kelbeross Dogs, Funky Dynamite, Sandeater, Night Diver and Naga Sotuva (concept for Naga is to have him detached, floating around and grabbing at Ryu, occasionally spitting water at him that over the course of the screen would freeze (so, up close hit with water, mid-range trapped in ice, far away hit by an ice boulder), but that required a complete redraw I just never got around to).  If I do get more, I'll post them.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 08:04:49 AM by Guardian »

2018 JANUARY 22

2nd Channel

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2012, 04:23:10 AM »
Interesting idea about Irene. It never occurred to me. Maybe, but not sure if Irene will be the boss, I'll use your idea, if you do not mind.

About Doppelganger. I plan to teach him to use all the weapons (or most) who have Ryu (Unkende). Make it much stronger than the original. And another: he boss in NG3 Stage 6-3 - Foster, not Doppelganger. I want to Foster turned from time to time in the form of bionoid. (And of course sometimes turned back into his human form).

At first time I played NG on pirated Japanese cartridge and I once came across not just a mask, but an alien in NG3 Stage 1-1. I agree with you that the bad thing is that the mask has appeared in a game only once. There are enemies who are all in the game was not. I saw a sprite sheet with them. That is:

I would like to teach the mask (the enemy of the NG3) to shoot and hide behind a mask (used as a shield). Just the idea of making an enemy of the boss I am a little confused. But I still think about it.

By the way, I personally think that the last boss in NG3 (Stage 6-6) is not Clancy, and the Ancient Ship of Doom. It represents something of a living semi-bionoid semi-robot :)
And I have the game will be called as well. I will need to teach him a lot. But in the future.

Mantiss should be stronger than the previous bosses. I agree with you. Proposed addition you will need to come up with something else to it, that he was not weak in comparison with, for example, the first boss in my game - Barbarian (used your sprites).

Sword for Bloody Malth - a great idea. The same can not agree with you... :) But he, too, will have to come up with a lot, so it was also very difficult.

Now some of the remaining bosses:
Baron Spider. I want to add him the sword. He will throw spiders periodically run up (very quickly) to the player and to strike with the sword.
Funky Dynamite. Also one of my favorite bosses. I want to teach him how to throw bombs, which will be easy to fall, but also to explode on the floor. And also, too, will have to teach him to fly fast. He will arrange the whole screen bomb, which over time will explode.
Naga Sotuva. The script in my game still is not completely finalized. Plan to make him boss after level of the lava, as in NG3 Stage 2-2. Naga Sotuva will "fire" boss.
Kelbeross Dogs & Great Koganei. I plan to make their bosses simultaneously. They will have a similar behavior to the original. But some differences will be too.

Thank you for the new sprites. They certainly come in handy.
By the way, you have not answered my question. How much time do you spend to make up those sprite sheets? How difficult is it ? How did you learn this? Can you have any advice?

A few days ago, I posted an interim version of the engine with a new level (unfinished). If you want to test it: www.ninja-unkende4.narod.ru/test/Unkende-4.rar.
Or you can watch the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je5rZAexwbo&list=UUpDiZjLAotZS8qF1jKNruQg&index=0&feature=plcp

I would venture to ask you if you have time, at least try to draw something new. Project is very simple needs new sprites. And if I come to draw them myself, then perhaps it will take some time.
Personally, I really want to finish the game. The desire to make it originated back in 2009, as saying. And now, today, I have been working for days.
Hopefully, I'll show you an obsessive :)
As for the online translator, I see that some proposals have been translated wrong, but how to fix - I do not know. If there is something very clear, write, I'm paraphrasing...

Thank you again :)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 04:50:39 AM by 2nd Channel »

Offline Guardian

• The Power of Crazy!
  • Higher Power
    • View Profile
    • Guardian's Lair
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2012, 09:51:12 PM »
I know the huge robot at the end of NG3 wasn't Foster, but in my NG4 I'm making it a shell that the resurrected Foster (see my script for details) will ride in.

Bosses: i had some similar ideas, but I just never got around to them.  NG2's Naga Sotuva's a water boss, but if you want to change it for your game that's cool. Dogs and Koganei I was going to have them both killable (instead of the original way where only one of them dies) to enhance the challenge a little.  As for the Mask ... do it your way, I'll do it my way (if I ever get back to this project), and

I don't know when I'll make more sprites at this point.  How long each sprite takes me depends on what I'm doing.  Complete redraws will take forever, but I'm good at handling that (I just don't have time anymore).

2018 JANUARY 22

2nd Channel

Team Ninja Unkende 4
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2012, 03:50:29 AM »
OK. Thank you for having responded to this topic and shared sprites. You will not mind if I will place them on my site (your authorship of course, point out)? But even if I put them, it will be after the release of the game, which will not so soon (I hope that this day would come).
By the way, Kelbeross Dogs in NG1 can destroy both. Try to throw a boomerang shuriken-in fact, that you think can not be destroyed, and then attain the sword. The second explodes, there will be only one, but it may be a glitch and appear in 3, as in the screenshot:

In NG2 second dog can "push" from the screen, and it disappears:

Thank you again.

2nd Channel

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2013, 06:24:43 AM »
Present to you the new beta version.
There are 3 stages and 2 bosses.
Some help is needed. Artist's, of cource) : sprites for bosses and cutscenes.
If possible, I want to once again ask you to join the project.
Enjoy the game=)

DOWNLOAD THE GAME

Offline Guardian

• The Power of Crazy!
  • Higher Power
    • View Profile
    • Guardian's Lair
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2013, 06:31:05 PM »
I don't suppose (if you're still monitoring this site) you might be willing to make an English-language version of your website, would you?  Just curious (and hopeful).

2018 JANUARY 22

Offline Second Channel

• Learner
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2018, 08:17:42 AM »
Greetings.
I was unable to register on the forum under the old name (2nd Channel), so I had to choose a new one.
I do not speak English so well, so I use an online translator.

First of all, I want to say that the my Ninja Gaiden fan project is not abandoned.
A lot of work has already been done.

A year ago, another release of the beta version, the third in a row, took place.
Although the number of levels and remained the same, but its mechanics was seriously redesigned.

In one or several weeks, a new beta version should appear, the fourth in a row.
Here will be available the first 4 acts of the game, together with all the cutscenes and bosses.
The new release will be translated into English, so you will have an opportunity to see the story.

One English-speaking friend helps me with the translation. Although English for him - not his native language.
First I translate the text by an online translator, then correct it a little and then send it to him.

I would like to ask for help with the translation.
I can send a translated text: made by an online translator, and you will correct it.
Also, the project still needs help from artists.
It's necessary  to draw sprites for bosses and cutscenes.

Evaluate English in the game when a new beta version is released.

DIRECT LINK TO THE LATEST BETA VERSION 3.0: http://ninja-unkende4.id1945.com/r1-relise/Unkende-4%20Beta%203.rar

Let me remind you that there is no English language yet. But soon it will appear.

---------------------------------------
YOU CAN CONTACT ME:
[email protected]
[email protected]

--------------------------------------

SOME NEW VIDEOS YOU PROBABLY DIDN'T SEE:
FULL STAGE 2 WITH BOSS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiZfdMh5Xqg
CUTSCENE AFTER BOSS 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2JESAySJqs
NEW ATTACKS FOR NINJA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdOpZa1O_DM

SOME SCREENSHOTS

« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 08:24:02 AM by Second Channel »

The Gaming Universe  |  The Archives  |  Archived Projects  |  Ninja Gaiden IV: Darkness Reborn (Moderators: MottZilla, Guardian)  |  Team Ninja Unkende 4

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines Page created in 0.143 seconds with 20 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx