gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
484586 Posts in 28410 Topics by 2463 Members - Latest Member: austinrobert August 10, 2020, 05:48:36 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  General Chit Chat  |  Spilled!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Spilled!  (Read 1074 times)

Offline Guardian

• The Power of Crazy!
  • Owner
  • Higher Power
  • Take me back to the Mother Ship!
    • View Profile
    • Guardian's Lair
Spilled!
« on: January 06, 2012, 05:13:28 PM »
I was doing my PT this morning, where we were doing sprints.  During my sprint, I pushed really hard (I work hard, I play hard).  Unfortunately, my body had to remind me again that I'm no longer 18 (in fact, nearly twice that!) when my hamstring gave out.  I was going so fast that I lost my footing in the pain and took a little tumble.  I skinned my opposite knee and did a little roll I learned (yes, those falls you learn really work!) and I'm spending the weekend recuperating.

Fortunately, the doctor didn't give me a non-running profile (it says "own pace and distance"), so at least I'll be able to keep working on my exercise on Monday morning.

Also, I got to be the acting Platoon Sergeant (senior noncomissioned officer (NCO) of a platoon, also known as PS) for a couple of months.  For a lowly E5 Sergeant, that's quite an honor.  I managed to instill a little team building amongst a platoon that doesn't usually do much together unless they have to, and even got some positive feedback from it!  It was quite a growth experience and even got my noticed by some of our more senior people.  Sadly, the real PS will be back Monday and I'm afraid he'll just undo what I've managed to do.  I hope not; this team can work quite well together when they really try.  But, all good things ...

The rest of life's not too shabby.  I'm still improving at work and I'm gaining more confident.  LL is opening a daycare here at home, so that's some extra money we really need!  Squishy turned 10 and I turned 35 last week, and LL threw us a joint party on New Year's Eve.  Not much of a turnout, but those who came had a good time (even I did).  All in all ... things are decent.

Except for this painful weekend!!! lol
Read my novel, The Death Doll:
Paperback, eBook, or Audible

Latest Fight Comix Release:
2018 JANUARY 22
Episode 208: Filler: Mission Brief 3 (Part 2 of 4)!

Offline Cyclone

• Higher Power
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zcnetwork.net
Re: Spilled!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 07:13:54 PM »
Weren't we all members here when Squishy was born?  I remember you talking about her being born.

Is she still - er- squishy? ;)

In three years or so, you HAVE to make her sign up here and say hi!

Cyclone

Sig. image courtesy of Chayy.

Sephiroth: How do I edit the first bullet bill so it's fire rate is less rapid
inori: Well, first you die. Then its fire rate goes down to zero.
Marrshu: No actually it continues firing

GU Award Winner of Best Moderator (early 2004) and Best Global Moderator (rest of 2004).

As a general rule. don't solve puzzles that will open a portal to hell. It will ruin your day.

Offline Lethes

• courage
  • Executive
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 11:07:48 PM »
My friend recently joined the airforce and dislocated his knee during basic. He ignored it and ended up messing his muscles up so he's unable to advance till he heals. You're lucky it wasn't a bad spill.
face your fears

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
  • "May the moon light your path..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 03:25:31 PM »
Wow! Squishy is 10? That's surprising! I didn't realize how... wow. GU is quite old! XD

Anyway, congratz on being a PS for awhile, and I hope your hamstring heals up quickly.
-Aegis Runestone-
Thanks to Galadin at the Dissidia Forums for this Awesome Avatar!
My Library of Fan Stories. Come, read, and enjoy!
My ArchiveOfOurOwn.org Account
"It's better to stand for something than to fall for anything."- Snypa

Learn about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Mormon Messages

Offline Favion

• Space Cowboy
  • Grandmaster
  • See You Space Cowboy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 10:29:39 PM »
Glad to hear you'll be healed pretty quickly. Spills are hard.

I just had a similar reality check, realizing this summer will mark my 7th year as a member here...and I remember joining GU when it was already very fully established and nothing new. Congrats on how things are going overall, glad to hear the family is doing well.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
-Albert Einstein
“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
-Jimi Hendrix
"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear."
- John 4:18

Offline red_team316

• Executive
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 03:27:09 AM »
Sorry to hear about the spill and hope for a good recovery. My body has also been reminding me of my age. Not too hard though.

Good to hear that it brought some good for the platoon.  Has it been for the better? Sometimes old school and new school need to knock heads a little bit to make progress. Usually that ends up in is for the better. The old school teaches the fundamentals while the new school usually provides new perspectives on a constantly changing game so that both can benefit in keeping the upper hand.

I also remember you talking about Squishy being born. In a couple of years, we should all reconvene.

Offline Golden Warrior

• ~GW~
  • Advisor
  • Chaos Angel
  • /Empire/Vector
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2012, 12:15:29 AM »
Ouch, glad to hear the recovery went well. My sister is also an E5 in the Army and she's been having a lot of trouble with her hip lately where she can't run and has to walk and do other exercises.

Squishy's 10 already!?!? Wow, before we know it we'll be posting in GU and she'll be off to college.
DDOEQ2
Argonnessen ServerCrushbone Server
Gustal Dymlos Human Fighter LV2Quaxialaem - Dark Elf Necromancer LV27
Woth Half-Orc Barbarian LV1Afuwkoac - Freeblood Shadowknight LV26
Kathanos Half-Elf Monk LV1 / Sorcerer LV1Zeekort - Troll Paladin LV52
ILomer - Human Gaurdian LV20
Ruliach - Fae Warden LV20
Naebiya - Wood Elf Beastlord LV29

The tediousness of paperwork makes my eyes burn and head hurt. Yet it is a necessary evil we all share. I like swords. Swords are simple. They aren't confusing or evil. Just straight forward implements of death. Have a nice day. ~GW

I like swords ~Fighter, 8-Bit Theater

Offline Cyclone

• Higher Power
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zcnetwork.net
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2012, 06:39:04 PM »
Squishy's 10 already!?!? Wow, before we know it we'll be posting in GU and she'll be off to college.

Makes you feel old, doesn't it?

Cyclone

Sig. image courtesy of Chayy.

Sephiroth: How do I edit the first bullet bill so it's fire rate is less rapid
inori: Well, first you die. Then its fire rate goes down to zero.
Marrshu: No actually it continues firing

GU Award Winner of Best Moderator (early 2004) and Best Global Moderator (rest of 2004).

As a general rule. don't solve puzzles that will open a portal to hell. It will ruin your day.

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2012, 06:52:45 PM »
I recall meeting Squishy a few years ago, while MBASS and LFF were still staying with me here in Georgia. She's quite the cutie. ;)

Hopefully my future bro-in-law won't have a similar mishap. He re-enlisted in the Army after a 4 year stunt in the Navy. He's over in Alabama now, working on a transfer to GA. He has a little stiffness every now and then, but he hasn't had any serious injuries despite being infantry.
Never say never or always. In most cases, there is an exception to anything you can think of that you might use either word in. "Most likely" and "highly improbable" in a lot of those cases would ring true, but not never/always.

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  General Chit Chat  |  Spilled!

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines Page created in 0.223 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx