gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
484574 Posts in 28409 Topics by 2464 Members - Latest Member: austinrobert December 12, 2019, 06:37:53 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  Skyward Sword just blew my mind. *spoiler thread*
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Skyward Sword just blew my mind. *spoiler thread*  (Read 1042 times)

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
  • "May the moon light your path..."
    • View Profile
Skyward Sword just blew my mind. *spoiler thread*
« on: January 01, 2012, 11:08:41 AM »
Note: Don't read this thread if you have not played Skyward Sword yet!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I just got the True Master Sword (please don't spoil anything after this point), and finally reunited with Zelda. The explanation of who Demise was, who the Goddess was, the creation of the Triforce, etc. blew my mind. Not quite as much as Assassin's Creed II's ending, but it still blew my mind. The fact that Demise is the Imprisoned, that Zelda is the Goddess (Hylia) reborn, and how the Triforce was not possibly made for immortal hands--wow.

Zelda storylines seem to be getting better and better. This definitely beats TP's story, IMO. Well, this game beats TP in every way, save Midna. Fi is a little annoying, Midna was awesome. End of story. :P

Also, with the new, lengthened Skyward Strike, is it possible to get that one Goddess Cube in the Volcano Summit that is just sitting in the middle of the lava?

Also, any thoughts?

Edit: I've gotten the three dragons now with the three parts of the Song of Hero. You can spoil up that point, but I haven't visited Levias yet.

Edit2: I've beated Skyward Sword, so spoil at will!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 11:27:38 AM by Aegis Runestone »
-Aegis Runestone-
Thanks to Galadin at the Dissidia Forums for this Awesome Avatar!
My Library of Fan Stories. Come, read, and enjoy!
My ArchiveOfOurOwn.org Account
"It's better to stand for something than to fall for anything."- Snypa

Learn about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Mormon Messages

Offline Solaris Omega

• View Profile
Re: Skyward Sword just blew my mind. *spoiler thread*
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 09:21:24 PM »
I am thoroughly impressed with this addition to the series. As a long time Legend of Zelda fanboy, I am eternally impressed with how much story they managed to fit into this game. I have felt that this is part of a story that Miyamoto has wanted to tell all along. The fact that it chronologically pre-dates OoT is very important as well. We now have a nice succession of SS>OOT>MM>WW>TP (At least I believe that is the correct order). I felt like TP really put an end to many things (Them breaking the mirror was so important for so many reasons) whereas SS really explains how it all started.

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 09:28:59 AM »
Yeah. I like how SS is set before all the Zelda games. I also like how Zelda is not a damsel in distress 90%-100% of the time. Instead, it's more like 30-40% of the time that she is. :P
-Aegis Runestone-

Mormon Messages

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 11:27:14 AM »
I just beat Skyward Sword. AMAZING game. I wanted a kissing scene between Zelda and Link at the end, though. When it didn't happen, it made me unhappy. :(
-Aegis Runestone-

Mormon Messages

Offline Guardian

• The Power of Crazy!
  • Owner
  • Higher Power
  • Take me back to the Mother Ship!
    • View Profile
    • Guardian's Lair
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 07:41:17 AM »
I'm digging this up because I just now realized we had one and didn't want to make my own if one already existed.  I finally beat it and it was awesome, so now I get to post!

Aegis, I'm sure you've found out by now (being four years ago and all) that you have to get the lava flow going in that room (i.e. during the part-of-the-song part) to hop across a rock pad to reach that cube.  If not, you're welcome;^)

Yes, this story was great, and had some great surprises.  Its story tells me this may be the only one truly deserving of the name Legend of ZELDA (given the reasons you disclosed up there).  Very good story, very challenging--albeit annoying at times--gameplay and puzzles.  I haven't had this much fun and headache since Link to the Past.
Read my novel, The Death Doll:
Paperback, eBook, or Audible

Latest Fight Comix Release:
2018 JANUARY 22
Episode 208: Filler: Mission Brief 3 (Part 2 of 4)!

Offline KingOfHumans

• Messiah
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 10:56:58 AM »
I'm on the total opposite side when it comes to Skyward Sword.

However most of the problem with Skyward Sword was Fi & Motion Controls.
I was able to enjoy the first time though though, as Hype helped entertain me all the way through.

Now the game just seems to piss me off... like I said, manly due to Fi & the motion controls.

I also hate the linear gameplay, which makes the game kind of boring to, as I love to explore, and this game does not have any real exploration!

Offline Sileem

• Grandmaster
  • Suzuka is no more
    • View Profile
    • Google+
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2016, 07:21:07 PM »
My feelings on Skyward Sword are complicated.
I absolutely love the story, the characters, the look, I don't even mind the motion controls.
The villians were great and so were the heroes.

But I hate Skyward Sword. Like KoH said, the linear gameplay really took me out of the game. I feel like they tried to recreate the Great Sea with the Loftwings in the Sky, but it was so empty, so much nothing up there.
The dungeons failed to hold my attention, IIRC I only liked a few (Ancient Cistern and Fire Temple come to mind).
Bosses were bland, most of which were some variant of swing in this direction to hit or hit the eyeball (or both, Moldarach).
I absolutely hated fighting the imprisioned three times, even worse when I was doing the boss rush to get the shied, I fought all three forms back to back.
There were a few exceptions to the bosses, I enjoyed Girahaim and Kloktoss, and the final boss is one of my favorites in the series.
On the other side of that, Mike Wachowski (Tantelus) was probably the worst in the series.

Now keep in mind I haven't played this game in a few years. After TPHD comes out, me and the GF plan to play through SS. I'll update how I feel after the second time around.

Offline Guardian

• The Power of Crazy!
  • Owner
  • Higher Power
  • Take me back to the Mother Ship!
    • View Profile
    • Guardian's Lair
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2016, 07:40:25 AM »
I'm going through it again on Hero Mode.  That one's a beast.  Even the first incarnation of Girahim's difficult!  THERE ARE NO HEARTS ANYWHERE!!!

I'll beat it, though!
Read my novel, The Death Doll:
Paperback, eBook, or Audible

Latest Fight Comix Release:
2018 JANUARY 22
Episode 208: Filler: Mission Brief 3 (Part 2 of 4)!

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2016, 08:15:20 AM »
Hero Mode is a LOT OF FUN. :D I'm doing yet another run of SS because of a thread at GameFAQs. I'm before the Ancient Cistern.

@Sileem: Those... are some very complicated feelings. When in Boss Rush mode, I have fixed feelings about Imprisoned Battles. 1) They are a relief because I know how to beat them without taking damage. 2) They are annoying because I have a 9-minute guardian potion (that I drank before starting the entire process) and now, I'm going to lose about 2 minutes of it for no reason. :P
-Aegis Runestone-

Mormon Messages

Offline Aliem

• Ț̼͍̩̹̥̞̩̖͝ ̺̰̟͝s̸҉̜̜̘̥̥̤̬͓͔̰͔̩ͅ ̴̡̭̪͍͇̕c̦̀̀͡ͅ&
  • Advisor
  • Messiah
  • Oh hai Mark
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2016, 08:16:52 AM »
SS is the worst 3D Zelda.  Handholding to the absolute breaking point, linear as frig, almost no variation to the landscape, Fi is ANNOYING, frustrating sidequests (not fun at all, just frustrating), and a continuation of typical tropes despite the promises that the game would break tradition.

The only bright spots are: decent (not great) dungeons, the silent realm, and the timeshift stones.  If those were the focus of the game they could have had something.

All in all, Skyward Sword is best enjoyed in manga form.  The game is an exercise in tedium.

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  Skyward Sword just blew my mind. *spoiler thread*

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines Page created in 0.177 seconds with 20 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx