gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
484586 Posts in 28410 Topics by 2463 Members - Latest Member: austinrobert August 10, 2020, 05:43:37 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  General Chit Chat  |  BUY MY OLD TEXTBOOKS!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: BUY MY OLD TEXTBOOKS!  (Read 862 times)

Offline Kaiser Infinity

• Ascended
    • View Profile
BUY MY OLD TEXTBOOKS!
« on: December 14, 2011, 07:32:51 PM »
http://shops.half.ebay.com/mikerodriguez90_W0QQmZbooksQQ_trksidZp2919

Most of these books are textbooks from the late 90s when I was in middle-to-high school up to my recent college years. I don't need them anymore, but I could use some cash to help pay for my next semester of college. If you're interested in tech books, books about writing, math books, business management, marketing, etc. I've probably got something you'll want. I'm open to haggling.
~Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.~

Offline Cyclone

• Higher Power
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zcnetwork.net
Re: BUY MY OLD TEXTBOOKS!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 12:43:40 AM »
From the late 90s?  Aren't these out of date? :P

Cyclone

Sig. image courtesy of Chayy.

Sephiroth: How do I edit the first bullet bill so it's fire rate is less rapid
inori: Well, first you die. Then its fire rate goes down to zero.
Marrshu: No actually it continues firing

GU Award Winner of Best Moderator (early 2004) and Best Global Moderator (rest of 2004).

As a general rule. don't solve puzzles that will open a portal to hell. It will ruin your day.

Offline Kaiser Infinity

• Ascended
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 01:18:55 AM »

Cyclone

SHH! I want people to buy them.

There's a good handful of them that are more recent. Then there's math books that teach math. Nothing much changes there.

I've also got four especially recent textbooks concerning Java programming, computer networks, and Discrete Math, but they're "international versions". Essentially the same thing as US/American versions, but they're meant to be sold elsewhere. I just happened to get them from UK websites that sold textbooks.

Computer Networks and Internets (5th Edition) - $56.25
Discrete Mathematics and its Applications: With Combinatorics and Graph Theory (6th Edition) - $51.75
Big Java (4th Edition) - $54.00
Starting Out with Java: From Control Structures to Data Structures (1st Edition) - $48.75
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 01:24:46 AM by Kaiser Infinity »
~Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.~

Offline Cyclone

• Higher Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 05:27:36 PM »

Cyclone

SHH! I want people to buy them.

Oh.  Right. :)

Cyclone

GU Award Winner of Best Moderator (early 2004) and Best Global Moderator (rest of 2004).

As a general rule. don't solve puzzles that will open a portal to hell. It will ruin your day.

Offline Autumn(L)

• Regimental
    • View Profile
    • http://altforums2.proboards57.com/index.cgi
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 11:28:53 AM »
Used textbooks for from this day and age can be obtained for that price. What you are doing is like selling a used 90's car for the same price as a few year old car. Good luck with that.
The King of GFX

Latest:

Current:

Winner of best banner in the 2007 GU awards =D
That's right best banner
:O

Offline Kaiser Infinity

• Ascended
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 06:12:05 PM »
Some others are charging double my prices.

I'll leave them like that for a bit.

Offline Cyclone

• Higher Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 12:15:52 PM »
Some others are charging double my prices.

Uh...and some others are not. :P

Cyclone

Offline Kaiser Infinity

• Ascended
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 06:35:58 PM »
Yeah. Less than the shipping in several cases.

Mind you, several of the books are actually from my recent college years, of which I'm in my fourth. I just also happen to have some old high school books I haven't done anything with. Those are still plenty usable, but they've been superseded by later editions that change a line in a few pages or add pictures or some bullshit like that.

Offline Cyclone

• Higher Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2011, 06:40:50 PM »
Yeah. Less than the shipping in several cases.

Mind you, several of the books are actually from my recent college years, of which I'm in my fourth. I just also happen to have some old high school books I haven't done anything with. Those are still plenty usable, but they've been superseded by later editions that change a line in a few pages or add pictures or some bullshit like that.

That's what they do.  They change one line and it creates the need for a new edition.  Imagine if novels worked like that, and every time you wanted to read a novel you had to buy the new version that said "Emily went to the ball" instead of "Emily went to the party".  Novels would be even bigger best-sellers than they are now.

And textbook companies get away with that.  Thus making your old editions less attractive to newer students, and ensuring they have a steady flow of income.  These companies LOVE textbooks.

Cyclone

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  General Chit Chat  |  BUY MY OLD TEXTBOOKS!

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines Page created in 0.241 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx