gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
484583 Posts in 28410 Topics by 2464 Members - Latest Member: austinrobert May 25, 2020, 04:56:31 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  The Archives  |  Archived Projects  |  Open Zelda  |  OZ Help (Moderator: red_team316)  |  Sound library help
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Sound library help  (Read 818 times)

Offline Khatuni

• Executive
    • View Profile
Sound library help
« on: April 12, 2011, 07:43:47 AM »
Edit: Never mind, I fixed it...  Ack  :p Just delete this thread, ok?

I'm having trouble making a simple program in Dev-C++, that just plays a single sound. Apparently the recent versions of Fmod and OpenAL don't work well with Dev-C++ and the Mingw compiler, but Audiere should work on it (http://audiere.sourceforge.net/download.php).

Here's a tutorial I found for it (especially for Dev-C++): http://gpwiki.org/index.php/Audiere:Tutorials:Introduction
The one under "Day ONE". I did exactly as it says there. I only had to add  #include <iostream>  for it to compile. The program runs well, but it doesn't play the sound. (You're supposed to type the name of the sound, f.e. sound.wav and press Enter).

Since everything else works, it could well be a settings issue, or something with the linker list. Once this works, I'm sure the rest will be easier. I have to look at the possibilities, but I could add some more sound functions to the OZ source, such as reverb effects. I guess .ogg is definately better than .mp3 for games.

Can someone try out that tutorial and see if it just plays a sound? Thanks for your support.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 04:52:02 PM by Khatuni »

Offline KingOfHumans

• Messiah
    • View Profile
Re: Sound library help
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 08:27:37 PM »
I would delete it but I need to make a comment.
So does this mean you'll soon be able to improve the music options for the community version?

Offline Khatuni

• Executive
    • View Profile
Sound library help
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 05:38:44 AM »
Yes.  :cool:

The Gaming Universe  |  The Archives  |  Archived Projects  |  Open Zelda  |  OZ Help (Moderator: red_team316)  |  Sound library help

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines Page created in 0.195 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx