gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
484586 Posts in 28410 Topics by 2464 Members - Latest Member: austinrobert July 10, 2020, 04:57:18 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  The Archives  |  Archived Projects  |  Open Zelda  |  OZ Help (Moderator: red_team316)  |  Multiple Pausing?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Multiple Pausing?  (Read 609 times)

Offline KingOfHumans

• Messiah
    • View Profile
Multiple Pausing?
« on: August 14, 2010, 05:41:39 PM »
I found a strange issue today that has to do with multiple pausing. I suspected something like this for a while, but didn't realize it existed until I experimented a bit.

When you visit a new area the game will pause and show you the area. Well when you enter an area the doorlib runs and the game is paused. So I told the script to set a pause level of 2 for l_arealib when first ran, but l_doorlib already set a pause level of 1.
So now l_arealib is completely running and l_doorlib is done running but never changed the pause status. So when l_arealib is done, the game is still paused.
Now when I added this to l_arealib the game works again.

SetPauseLevel(0);
SetPauseLevel(0);

O.o So it looks like we can set multiple pauses, why?
If anyone wants to experiment more they can, but I suspect this is the reason why your game freeses(pauses) when you have a menu open and an InitTextBox message running at the same time.

Offline Khatuni

• Executive
    • View Profile
Multiple Pausing?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 06:54:32 PM »
I wonder if that's a pause issue only. Can you change all SetPauseLevel/GetPauseLevel in your quest to SetGlobal(....)/GetGlobal(....) (any number) (use Find in Files in Codegenie) and see if that changes anything?

The Gaming Universe  |  The Archives  |  Archived Projects  |  Open Zelda  |  OZ Help (Moderator: red_team316)  |  Multiple Pausing?

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines Page created in 0.164 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx