gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
484586 Posts in 28410 Topics by 2464 Members - Latest Member: austinrobert July 11, 2020, 06:19:21 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  The Archives  |  Archived Projects  |  Open Zelda  |  OZ Help (Moderator: red_team316)  |  My Quest Goes blurry
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: My Quest Goes blurry  (Read 3544 times)

Offline lordmykel

• Adept
    • View Profile
My Quest Goes blurry
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2010, 11:20:26 PM »
I changed my color to 16 bit, and THIS was the result...
Nothing different, except the couple of Minish Cap objects I threw in there. It's a castle with a few Darknuts, but now it's become a few thousand Darknuts...

Offline Khatuni

• Executive
    • View Profile
My Quest Goes blurry
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2010, 11:22:47 PM »
Your resolution changement doesn't effect how it looks in OZ, but in the QD, everything should look different.

Offline lordmykel

• Adept
    • View Profile
My Quest Goes blurry
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2010, 11:25:00 PM »
And by that, do you mean when I use the "Test Quest In Open Zelda" option? Because that is what I did and I got that. If you mean open OZ and open the QSS file, then no, i don't do that.

I'm so sorry. I have an issue. Even when people are crystal clear on something, I have trouble understanding sometimes. (In this case, most times...)

Offline KingOfHumans

• Messiah
    • View Profile
My Quest Goes blurry
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2010, 11:27:43 PM »
He means the editor(the program where you create the screens) itself will change.
The world map will look clearer. (You may have to save every screen first) In the actual screens you won't see those weird lines either.

So try resaving the screen.
Are all your screens blurry ? Or just some?

Offline lordmykel

• Adept
    • View Profile
My Quest Goes blurry
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2010, 11:32:17 PM »
oh no!

The screen I showed you that was messed up was when I click on "Test Quest In Open Zelda" and the game begins. I move Link around, and it causes all the multi Links that sit there.

In QD, I have no problems whatsoever. It's testing the quest that is my major problem, and the object of contrast in this conversation.

Offline lordmykel

• Adept
    • View Profile
My Quest Goes blurry
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2010, 11:32:46 PM »
i posted this pic earlier, but this is it in 16 bit.

Offline lordmykel

• Adept
    • View Profile
My Quest Goes blurry
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2010, 12:19:17 AM »
KoH and I talked, and he made me run error.chk. Can someone discern my issue through this?
http://pastebin.com/q5qe0VZT

Offline Aliem

• Ț̼͍̩̹̥̞̩̖͝ ̺̰̟͝s̸҉̜̜̘̥̥̤̬͓͔̰͔̩ͅ ̴̡̭̪͍͇̕c̦̀̀͡ͅ&
  • Advisor
  • Messiah
  • Oh hai Mark
    • View Profile
Re: My Quest Goes blurry
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2010, 12:32:19 AM »
I changed my color to 16 bit, and THIS was the result...
Nothing different, except the couple of Minish Cap objects I threw in there. It's a castle with a few Darknuts, but now it's become a few thousand Darknuts...
That problem is due to lack of anything filling screen space.  If you have a spot on your screen without any fills, tiles, entites, etc., it will cause anything drawn over that blank space, like the player or an enemy, to do that.

Offline Khatuni

• Executive
    • View Profile
My Quest Goes blurry
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2010, 09:46:03 AM »
I already suggested that, but he posted the image of how it looks in the screen editor: http://www.thegaminguniverse.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=40150.0;attach=3785;image

and it comes out likes this: http://www.thegaminguniverse.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=40150.0;attach=3783;image.

So my guess is that the drawn background doesn't show up because of the huge number of sprites/fills/active screens in the game.
Lordmykel, just copy this quest through File --> Create Copy of Quest. Then remove the screens till you have only a few left, and don't change any scripts, and see if there's still the trails of images.

If it's too difficult for you, I'd like to see the whole source so I can try myself. Upload the whole Quest Designer folder on sendspace.com.

Offline KingOfHumans

• Messiah
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2010, 11:17:33 AM »
Number of avaiable Sprites in Quest: 4892

That is lower then my Gems Quest. My Gems has 7000 sprites used.

The amount of sprites he placed in all the screens comes out to about 750,000(he says his sprites are 16x16 in size).

Could be a compile issue as well. So I suggest doing the following.

1. Recompile all scripts.
2. Create a copy of your quest.
3. Delete a bunch of screens in this copied quest.
3b. Or create a new quest, copy the quest data folder(rename it to match the new quest), transfer the spritesheet, sounds, and entity list to the new quest. Now in the quest data folder delete all but 100(or 50, 25...) screens. In the editor save each screen to make it show up on the world editor and regroup each one.

After each step try testing.
You can either do step 3 or 3b. 3b is faster though if you want to test a small amount of screens faster.
You might be able to do step 3 and delete the data in the quest folder instead of the editor but not sure of the results.

If none of this works, then maybe it's a spritesheet problem since you said some sprites showed up fine.

Also looks like you got a sound issue. If you have winamp you can try playing all sounds to see if it works.

Offline lordmykel

• Adept
    • View Profile
My Quest Goes blurry
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2010, 03:17:47 PM »
I tried to recompile all scripts and write a quest file, and on both said "Can't Write QST File". When I wrote the QST file, sometimes it says "Success! You can now play this quest in Open Zelda!" Then I go to test it, but it says "Can't Write QST File".

What do I do to get around that?

P.S: How do you take a picture that I want to use as a sprite sheet and make a .pcx file?

I just need to know how to make a .pcx file and get around the "Can't Write QST File" thing.

Offline KingOfHumans

• Messiah
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2010, 03:47:07 PM »
pcx file???

To turn something into a spritesheet, it must be a BMP picture. You can use the Print Screen (PRT Scr) button and paste it into paint. Or you can save something as BMP.

The only times it can't write a quest file is usually if there are quest errors.
You did not create any scripts, right?
Also you used the official quest pack (http://openzelda.thegaminguniverse.com/file.php?id=1) right?

So your saying somehow you can write the quest file and get it to create a quest but so far you can not test it in the editor or recompile it. Sounds like this is the reason why your quest is going blurry. It's not compiling properly.

Offline Khatuni

• Executive
    • View Profile
My Quest Goes blurry
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2010, 03:57:59 PM »
"Can't Write QST File" --> That can be caused by scripting mistakes (I'm looking for a certain thread right now, cause I've had trouble with that too). Did you change any scripts since the start at all? If so, change it back to the last time it did work and try to narrow the problem down that way. If not, it must be because of your many sprites/screens.

I've never heard of .pcx...

Offline KingOfHumans

• Messiah
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2010, 07:45:58 PM »
Have you ever tested your quest in the editor?

If so, do the copy quest method I mentioned earlier.

The Gaming Universe  |  The Archives  |  Archived Projects  |  Open Zelda  |  OZ Help (Moderator: red_team316)  |  My Quest Goes blurry

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines Page created in 0.155 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx