gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
484583 Posts in 28410 Topics by 2464 Members - Latest Member: austinrobert May 26, 2020, 11:39:06 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Museum  |  Role Playing World  |  Runiecan Tales - Chapter 2: A Warrior's Honor
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Runiecan Tales - Chapter 2: A Warrior's Honor  (Read 48097 times)

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
  • "May the moon light your path..."
    • View Profile
Re: Runiecan Tales - Chapter 2: A Warrior's Honor
« Reply #420 on: May 11, 2011, 08:44:59 PM »
Order: Midna and Cyan, Mario and Snake, Nova, Tien, Legion

Party
Mario HP: 429/667 - MP:  31/169 - Overdrive: 23%  [Normal]
Snake HP: 640/640 - MP:  62/173 - Overdrive: 8%   [Normal]
Cyan  HP: 714/928 - MP: 106/137 - Overdrive: 78%  [Normal]
Midna HP: 369/610 - MP: 180/344 - Overdrive: 50%  [Normal] [215/215 HP Barrier]
Nova  HP: 913/930 - MP:  83/159 - Overdrive: 8%   [Normal]
Tien  HP: 438/862 - MP:  43/168 - Overdrive: 100% [Overdrive Ready] [126/126 HP Barrier]

Boss
Legion   HP: ?? [Damaged] [Burning - 3 - Apply to all below]
Shield 3 HP: ??
Shield 4 HP: ??

Cyan rushes in with dispatch! Sword flashing, he strikes the core! His massive swing deals 440 damage to the core, shocking it violently! The core cracks further. It looks like it's starting to reach the breaking point. [-50 MP -> Cyan]

Mario jumps onto the core with crushing foot, and slams into core for 79 damage! He tries to jump again, and manages to land on the core again, dealing another 79 damage! He tries another jump, and lands again! Dealing 78 damage! He attempts a fourth jump and misses! [Damage total: 236] Legion takes another 50 fire damage!

Snake pulls out his SOCOM and fires some rounds at it! The bullets score hits through the core, dealing 171 damage to it!

At the last minute, Nova snipes the core! He deals 338 damage to it! [-40 MP -> Nova]

[DM Note: Yu-Gi-Oh! You posted RIGHT before I updated, I was going to send Nova to Poland... but... :P]

Tien, in his moment of pain unleashes a Dodon Ray at the core. It strikes, dealing 238 damage! The core is looking pretty weak now! [-40 MP -> Tien]

Legion, after taking so much damage, just drops its shields and reveals the core to have multiple tenactles! Each one fires at a party member. The top one at Cyan, one at Snake, one at Mario, and the last at Tien! Cyan dodges the first laser easily, and Snake ducks just in time. Mario, and Tien, however, are both hit by their respective lasers for 234 damage! OW! Midna's barrier shatters as it absorbs 126 of the damage for Tien!

[End of Round 7]
[Round 8 - MP Regen]
Mario: 15 MP!
Snake: 10 MP!
Cyan: 5 MP!
Midna: 20 MP!
Nova: 9 MP!
Tien: 6 MP!

Party
Mario HP: 195/667 - MP:  46/169 - Overdrive: 33%  [Normal]
Snake HP: 640/640 - MP:  72/173 - Overdrive: 8%   [Normal]
Cyan  HP: 714/928 - MP:  61/137 - Overdrive: 78%  [Normal]
Midna HP: 369/610 - MP: 200/344 - Overdrive: 50%  [Normal] [215/215 HP Barrier]
Nova  HP: 913/930 - MP:  52/159 - Overdrive: 8%   [Normal]
Tien  HP: 330/862 - MP:   9/168 - Overdrive: 100% [Overdrive Ready]

Boss
Legion   HP: ?? [Burning - 2]

Midna casts Twilight Heal on Mario! Mario recovers 159 HP!

Cyan's turn!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 09:01:59 PM by Aegis Runestone »
-Aegis Runestone-
Thanks to Galadin at the Dissidia Forums for this Awesome Avatar!
My Library of Fan Stories. Come, read, and enjoy!
My ArchiveOfOurOwn.org Account
"It's better to stand for something than to fall for anything."- Snypa

Learn about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Mormon Messages

Offline Kaiser Infinity

• Ascended
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 12, 2011, 02:36:43 AM »
Not content to take another blow without recourse, Tien clamps his arm down on the gargantuan's tentacle and plants his feet firmly into the ground. With both arms, nails digging into the flesh, Tien yanks the tentacle violently with the intent to rip it clean out of the core.

[Attack ==> Legion Core]
~Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.~

Offline Stungun

• Knight in Shining Sub-Dermal Armor
  • Executive
  • This hurts a lot more than it looks, you know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 12, 2011, 04:50:11 AM »
The beast was getting desperate. And that was just what Snake needed to see. It may have had multiple powerful tentacles, but soon they would mean nothing.

Immediately, the ex-op leapt from the platform, sailing towards the now-unprotected monstrosity in an amazing display of acrobatics. With his left hand, he grabbed onto one of his multiple tentacles, firing off several more shots from his SOCOM towards the monster's core. He didn't even check to see if they hit before he leapt off the tentacle, caught onto another, and vaulted himself onto another platform on the other side of the room.

That oughta get his attention, Snake thought to himself, hoping to draw more fire away from his allies -- just in case this thing somehow managed to survive long enough. He could tell his friends were under a lot of strain, and one unlucky blast could spell doom for them. But since he was taking a risk in exposing himself, he knew what he had to do -- as he fell towards one of the platforms, he grabbed onto the edge and pulled himself up underneath it, placing a large obstacle between himself and Legion.

[Take Cover, Attack]
So I descended into the horrifying place, twisted creatures all around and an ominous stench in the air. I thought I was untouchable. They all fell to my superior firepower as the stench turned into an air of victory.

...and yet, through all this, I wish she would have given me a warning. Maybe then, all this could have been avoided, if she had sent me off with just one simple, obvious warning:

Don't lick the Phazon.

Post your spritesheets for webcomics here. Never mind. URL down.

"When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall - think of it, always." ~Mahatma Gandhi

Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55% of plepoe can.
...of crouse, taht mgiht be bcaeuse smoe plopee dno't bthoer wtih the hdeacahe of tyrnig to raed tihs carp.

Offline Joefalco

• RPG Maniac
  • Royalty
  • US of A
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 12, 2011, 08:08:42 PM »
"Let us finish this!" Cyan said as he dashed toward the vile beast. The hum of his blade could be heard as the knight tried to plunge his sword into the monster's flesh.

[Dispatch - Legion Core]

Fat is back, baby!

Tales from an Alternate Gaming Universe Comic Archive
^All comics, no comments, no searching through countless pages^

Zenith RP: a RP forum. Check it out!

Offline Yu-Gi-Oh!

• Patron of Club Nowhere
  • Overseer
  • UtneWire BlueMan (The Power Of The Eye Is On You)
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 13, 2011, 01:45:16 PM »
Nova gets underneath it and does vertical tosses straight into the core with 2 boomerangs.

[Nova - Legion -- Rank 2 Vertical Toss - 40mp]
There are a million reasons why universe refuses to conform to your idealistic views...I'm one of them.

Intelligence is not about what you look like, or how well you articulate your words. It's not what you've accomplished or even the degrees you earned. Intelligence is an explanation of your character.   -My Brother-

Offline Greo

• The Champion
  • Regimental
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 18, 2011, 09:23:15 PM »
Mario reaches into the pocket of his overalls, pulling out a potion. "Not as good as a 'shroom, but it'll do the trick!" he exclaims, downing the medicine and restoring some of his wounds.

[Use a potion! -> Mario]

What, you're going to cry again?
Feel free to add me to Google Talk; greorodera[at]gmail.com

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
  • "May the moon light your path..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 16, 2011, 03:29:22 PM »

Party
Mario HP: 354/667 - MP:  46/169 - Overdrive: 33%  [Normal]
Snake HP: 653/640 - MP:  72/173 - Overdrive: 8%   [Normal]
Cyan  HP: 714/928 - MP:  61/137 - Overdrive: 78%  [Normal]
Midna HP: 369/610 - MP: 200/344 - Overdrive: 50%  [Normal] [215/215 HP Barrier]
Nova  HP: 913/930 - MP:  52/159 - Overdrive: 8%   [Normal]
Tien  HP: 330/862 - MP:   9/168 - Overdrive: 100% [Overdrive Ready]

Boss
Legion   HP: ?? [Burning - 2]

[Sorry for the long wait X.X It had been too long since I had planned this, and so, I forgot most of what I was going to do in the castle.]

Cyan rushes in with Dispatch, striking the core, and dealing 400 damage! [-50 MP -> Cyan] The core cracks even further, and some of the cage bars break!

Mario quaffs a Potion. He recovers 101 HP! [-1 Potion -> Mario]

Snake gets behind an edge of a platform and fires upon Legion's core! He scores a hit, dealing 157 damage to it!

Nova throws one of his boomerangs in a vertical toss! He strikes the core, dealing 90 damage! [-40 MP -> Nova]
[I think Nova needs more clarification or a fix-up. 40 mana for 90 damage? o.o]

Tien attempts to rip off a tentacle off of the core! He critically strikes the core for 346 damage as he rips it off! The core bursts into pieces! A thousand wails of dying souls are heard, echoing throughout the room and ringing through your ears!

Victory! 300 Exp for each! Tien finds 4 Ethers! Nova finds 3 Ethers!

After the ringing screams cease, the doors on either side open. Remember, you came in the door that was originally behind you (which leads deeper into the Catacombs), and the door that was originally in front of you leads into the Catacombs on the other end, and possibly to the upper area of the castle. Though, Snake had something to do...
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 03:12:30 PM by Aegis Runestone »
-Aegis Runestone-
Thanks to Galadin at the Dissidia Forums for this Awesome Avatar!
My Library of Fan Stories. Come, read, and enjoy!
My ArchiveOfOurOwn.org Account
"It's better to stand for something than to fall for anything."- Snypa

Learn about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Mormon Messages

Offline Stungun

• Knight in Shining Sub-Dermal Armor
  • Executive
  • This hurts a lot more than it looks, you know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: July 16, 2011, 08:12:13 PM »
((OOC: Well, Shadow and part of the Masaki family came with us but got split up in the rift, so we don't know where they are...))

The wails of the haunted dead passed through Snake, as he brandished his pistol, whirling around and looking for any other obvious threats. But the bodies comprising Legion were already decaying into nothingness, and the reverberation of the horrible sounds was vanishing just as quickly. As he realized that nothing remained in the room that could threaten them, he slowed down, and finally lowered his SOCOM. The area was, as far as he could see, clear.

Alright, Snake thought to himself, jogging his memory. Mission objectives... Sabotage key structural points with C4, locate and extract lost allies, assassinate key commanders in enemy's army. To get this done we've got to comb the area... there should be a key point down in the catacombs.

"All clear," he said to his companions after a few seconds. "We've probably just revealed our presence, so we'll have to be careful. Most importantly, we need to find Shadow and the Masaki family... but we also need to find one of the three structural points down here. That point's down in the back of the Catacombs... where the back is in relation to us, I won't be able to tell without some form of map, or at least a functioning radar. So unless my radar starts working again -- or your ESP, Tien, gets a better picture of the area -- we'll have to explore this entire area until we find it."

Snake paused for a moment, thinking about the situation tactically. "I suggest we head back and go deeper into the Catacombs, because it looks like the path ahead leads higher up into the castle. And I'd rather we not have to waste time backtracking. Maybe, if we're lucky, they'll be down there as well. We'll turn over every stone of this castle until we find them -- we know what's at stake as long as they're missing, after all."

He turned towards the rest of the group, awaiting their feedback, in case anyone had any better ideas. To Snake, the mission was simple, but there were a lot of ways that the unexpected could occur. With several key personel missing, there was simply too much that could happen -- they could be wounded, held captive, or any number of other unspeakable fates the agent didn't want to even entertain the thoughts of. They had to act quickly, carefully, and efficiently -- and if someone else had a better idea on how to handle the situation, he was all ears. Even on the battlefield, Snake was never truly alone -- he always had support, and he knew not to take the thoughts of others for granted.
So I descended into the horrifying place, twisted creatures all around and an ominous stench in the air. I thought I was untouchable. They all fell to my superior firepower as the stench turned into an air of victory.

...and yet, through all this, I wish she would have given me a warning. Maybe then, all this could have been avoided, if she had sent me off with just one simple, obvious warning:

Don't lick the Phazon.

Post your spritesheets for webcomics here. Never mind. URL down.

"When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall - think of it, always." ~Mahatma Gandhi

Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55% of plepoe can.
...of crouse, taht mgiht be bcaeuse smoe plopee dno't bthoer wtih the hdeacahe of tyrnig to raed tihs carp.

Offline Kaiser Infinity

• Ascended
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: July 17, 2011, 03:06:18 PM »
(OOC: 'Bout time! Thanks for letting us know you're still alive. One thing though: I ripped a tentacle out from the core rather than punched it)

Tien's hands trembled after he dropped the dead length of flesh. He exhaled deeply and shut his eyes, attempting to clear his head of the shrill cries that rang through his being. This place was truly terrifying. He never set foot in a place that held such a hellish, suffering abomination as that mass of wailing souls. For that instant, the loud cacophony of otherworldly death was as tangible to him as his own heartbeat: the agony and terror of a thousand souls being released by death. Had he not experienced death before, he might have soon found himself lost in that instant of traumatic terror.

Their fate was worse, he thought with resolution, than after we released them. They suffered indefinitely until you delivered the last blow.

Tien inhaled deeply. He popped the top off of one of the Ethers and drank the whole thing down, feeling his ki rejuvenate with each gulp. Now that his mind had cleared some, he thought back to before the battle. Shadow's Chaos powers had dropped them in the middle of a dark corridor. They took the path leading to the glowing room, which is where they stood now. The other path was dark and, at the time, unremarkable. They may find one of the weak points there.

"Snake's right. We search the catacombs first for the weak spots of this structure before moving up into the castle. I can't be more certain than I was before, but there's a chance we might find the other half of our party down there. If they're there, they might have heard the screams and are coming this way to investigate. In the meantime we can avoid any more of the castle's forces coming down to investigate this room, for the time being. Let's hurry."

Tien looked back for a moment. There was a transparent, pulsating cube that formed the abomination they'd just fought, and he wondered if it was obliterated along with it. If he looks around the room and finds nothing, he heads back into the catacombs with the rest of his party and into the darker corridor, using his Third Eye to stretch beyond his senses into the darkness. He looks for more signs of life, and a possible wall or pillar that stands out.

[Tiens uses an Ether; Third Eye passive abilities]
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 03:10:53 PM by Kaiser Infinity »
~Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.~

Offline Yu-Gi-Oh!

• Patron of Club Nowhere
  • Overseer
  • UtneWire BlueMan (The Power Of The Eye Is On You)
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: July 21, 2011, 04:01:57 PM »
Nova got up without any pomp and ceremony and brushed himself off. He was quite muscular, and some say he looked like Duke Nukem of the once popular game series. All in the past of course but still that was his resemblance as he adjusted his sunglasses and cleaned off his boomerang, the dying screams echoing in his head as he listened to the advice.

He was only here to serve and help and he didn't much care which way they went, saying as much as he polished the alloy boomerang in his hands. He paused to look at the reflection in the weapon and slightly smiled. But otherwise showed nothing on his face. He pocketed the Ethers for a later use though he was getting bogged down with inventory. Maybe that is why his attacks weren't being too terribly effective...he wasn't sure. He knew that they weren't doing as good as they should be and that was bothering him. He pocketed the boomerang and hoped he could find some kind of upgrade that would allow for more distance on a weaker throw and more damage without wearing himself down in the process.

He waited for the rest of the party to chime in and contemplated how the battle had gone and wondered if there was a way to help that out. He needed answers..and he had none.
There are a million reasons why universe refuses to conform to your idealistic views...I'm one of them.

Intelligence is not about what you look like, or how well you articulate your words. It's not what you've accomplished or even the degrees you earned. Intelligence is an explanation of your character.   -My Brother-

Offline Joefalco

• RPG Maniac
  • Royalty
  • US of A
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 19, 2011, 10:39:32 PM »
Cyan nodded his head as he sheathed his sword. "Very well. Pray that we find our comrades down there. We may need their help soon enough in this castle of death."
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 10:47:01 PM by Joefalco »

Fat is back, baby!

Tales from an Alternate Gaming Universe Comic Archive
^All comics, no comments, no searching through countless pages^

Zenith RP: a RP forum. Check it out!

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Museum  |  Role Playing World  |  Runiecan Tales - Chapter 2: A Warrior's Honor

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines Page created in 0.225 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx