gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
484576 Posts in 28410 Topics by 2464 Members - Latest Member: austinrobert February 27, 2020, 10:48:34 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Museum  |  Role Playing World  |  Runiecan Tales - Chapter 2: A Warrior's Honor
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Runiecan Tales - Chapter 2: A Warrior's Honor  (Read 45779 times)

Offline Joefalco

• RPG Maniac
  • Royalty
  • US of A
    • View Profile
Runiecan Tales - Chapter 2: A Warrior's Honor
« Reply #405 on: April 02, 2011, 07:58:18 PM »
Cyan gripped his chest, his breathing becoming hoarse. Smoke rose from where the laser had hit his armor.

"Blast!" Cyan said. He turned his attention to one of the monster's shields. Focusing his attention on the most damaged one, the knight performed one of his techniques on it.

[Cyan - Dispatch - Shield 2]

Fat is back, baby!

Tales from an Alternate Gaming Universe Comic Archive
^All comics, no comments, no searching through countless pages^

Zenith RP: a RP forum. Check it out!

Offline Yu-Gi-Oh!

• Patron of Club Nowhere
  • Overseer
  • UtneWire BlueMan (The Power Of The Eye Is On You)
    • View Profile
Re: Runiecan Tales - Chapter 2: A Warrior's Honor
« Reply #406 on: April 02, 2011, 08:50:03 PM »
Nova gets on a platform and sees his armor disappear. Then he decides to use his sniper ability to smash the nearly destroyed shield. He doesn't hope to destroy it but he does hope to give it more damage.

[Sniper - Legion - Cost: 10 * X Mp -> Target: Legion]
There are a million reasons why universe refuses to conform to your idealistic views...I'm one of them.

Intelligence is not about what you look like, or how well you articulate your words. It's not what you've accomplished or even the degrees you earned. Intelligence is an explanation of your character.   -My Brother-

Offline Kaiser Infinity

• Ascended
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 06, 2011, 11:09:33 AM »
Tien took little heed of the nasty gash from the Legion's tentacles. He immediately leapt into the air and came rocketing down to bury his fist into the Core.

[Attack > Core]
~Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.~

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
  • "May the moon light your path..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 12, 2011, 02:27:39 PM »
[Still working on an Overdrive formula. I think the one for Stoic mode in FFX listed in the FAQ is wrong. It says: - Increment: Damage received x 30 / Max HP - Um... so... you guys would get overdrives really fast. I think this is wrong because my experience with Stoic is that it's very slow to build up to 100%.]

Order: Midna and Cyan, Mario and Snake, Nova, Tien, Legion

Party
Mario HP: 433/667 - MP:  61/169 - Overdrive: 0%   [Normal] [62/215 HP Barrier]
Snake HP: 470/640 - MP: 124/173 - Overdrive: 8%   [Normal]
Cyan  HP: 829/928 - MP: 128/137 - Overdrive: 58%  [Normal] [Poland]
Midna HP: 610/610 - MP: 226/344 - Overdrive: 8%   [Normal]
Nova  HP: 730/930 - MP: 119/159 - Overdrive: 8%   [Normal]
Tien  HP: 748/862 - MP:  54/168 - Overdrive: 100% [Overdrive Ready]

Boss
Legion - HP: ?? [Damaged] [Burning - 5 - Apply to all below]
Shield 2 - HP: ?? [Almost Destroyed]
Shield 3 - HP: ??
Shield 4 - HP: ??

Cyan jumps forward with his sword and uses Dispatch to finish off the shield! He hits, dealing 380 damage, cutting straight through the shield, and shattering it completely! Every body that was part of that shield vaporizes! [Overkill!] [-50 MP -> Cyan]

Mario does nothing. He's sent to [Poland].

With the core exposed to him, Snake fires upon it [sorry if you wanted to take out a shield instead]! His bullets strike the golden cage, and deal 163 damage! The core still looks fairly strong.

Nova, taking a position above Legion, tries to snipe the core with his boomerangs! After focusing, he hits, dealing 428 damage to the core! [-50 MP -> Nova] It cracks slightly.

Leping into the air, Tien attempts to punch the core with all his might. He strikes, dealing 158 damage to the cage.

As Legion moves, it, and all its parts take 50 fire damage from Mario's overdrive, and then they take another 50 fire damage (yay for retroactive damage. :P)! If Legion could show expression, it would be angry! It fires another laser at the party! Tien, Midna, and Nova are in range of the laser! All of them dodge except Midna, who takes critical damage! 526 damage! She's weakened!

"AGH!" Midna cries out. "I... ugh... that... really... hurt...!"

[End of Round 5]
[Begin Round 6 - MP Regen]
Mario: 19 MP!
Snake: 9 MP!
Cyan: 9 MP!
Midna: 2 MP!
Nova: 8 MP!
Tien: 1 MP!

Party
Mario HP: 433/667 - MP:  80/169 - Overdrive: 0%   [Normal] [62/215 HP Barrier] [Poland]
Snake HP: 470/640 - MP: 133/173 - Overdrive: 8%   [Normal]
Cyan  HP: 829/928 - MP:  87/137 - Overdrive: 58%  [Normal]
Midna HP:  84/610 - MP: 228/344 - Overdrive: 50%  [Critical]
Nova  HP: 730/930 - MP:  77/159 - Overdrive: 8%   [Normal]
Tien  HP: 748/862 - MP:  55/168 - Overdrive: 100% [Overdrive Ready]

Boss
Legion - HP: ?? [Damaged] [Burning - 4 - Apply to all below]
Shield 3 - HP: ??
Shield 4 - HP: ??

Midna, bleeding out blue liquid from every part of her body, floats there wearily. "Blast... I won't die here! Someone needs to pull out something big or we're all dead!" With that, Midna casts the Twilight Heal spell on the party. Everyone recovers 183 HP! [-50 MP -> Midna]

[Note: I'm doing something new with states for HP. Under 40% HP, you are marked as "injured." Under 25% HP, you're marked as "weak," and under 15% HP, you're marked as "critical." As for what they do, I dunno yet. Maybe it'll add an RP element to your next turn depending on which state of health you're in.]

Cyan's turn!
-Aegis Runestone-
Thanks to Galadin at the Dissidia Forums for this Awesome Avatar!
My Library of Fan Stories. Come, read, and enjoy!
My ArchiveOfOurOwn.org Account
"It's better to stand for something than to fall for anything."- Snypa

Learn about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Mormon Messages

Offline Kaiser Infinity

• Ascended
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 12, 2011, 04:36:55 PM »
Tien pulls his arm out of the legion's core just in time to dodge its counterattack. This thing is almost dead, he thought. I might be able to destroy it with a final barrage, but I'm running low on power in a dangerous place, so that's not for certain. I'd better save it until it's absolutely necessary.

Making some distance between himself and the macabre flying orb, he closes in on Midna and gives her a measure of his remaining power as an added defense. "I haven't got much left, but this should do," he said.

[Ki Barrier --> Midna; -25MP]

(OOC: Considering some revising to my Overdrive. Not planning on overpowering it or anything, but I am considering altering the nature of MP cost and the name)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 04:39:28 PM by Kaiser Infinity »
~Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.~

Offline Joefalco

• RPG Maniac
  • Royalty
  • US of A
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 12, 2011, 07:29:25 PM »
"Lady Midna!" Cyan looked back at the hurt Midna and Tien's efforts to protect her. With one hand, he reached into his bag and pulled out a potion. He ran over to the strange dark lady and tried to administer the potion to her.

[Potion - Midna]

Fat is back, baby!

Offline Yu-Gi-Oh!

• Patron of Club Nowhere
  • Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 13, 2011, 08:05:23 PM »
Nova dodged the beam, narrowly though, and got up. He didn't know just how long until they destroyed. But he was going to keep striking at it as much as he could. He throws his boomerang at the core again.

[Standard Boomerang Throw - Legion]
There are a million reasons why universe refuses to conform to your idealistic views...I'm one of them.

Intelligence is not about what you look like, or how well you articulate your words. It's not what you've accomplished or even the degrees you earned. Intelligence is an explanation of your character.   -My Brother-

Offline Stungun

• Knight in Shining Sub-Dermal Armor
  • Executive
  • This hurts a lot more than it looks, you know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 15, 2011, 12:05:34 AM »
Snake flipped up atop the platform, as the blue energy beam passed underneath his vantage point. Quickly getting up, he took account of the situation. Very rapidly, it had made a turn for the worse for the imp, but everyone was -- fortunately -- still in one piece. The creature's beams were dangerous and powerful, but they seemed to be quite inaccurate. Still, Midna made a good point -- it would be wise to destroy this creature quickly.

And then, Snake noticed that a large portion of the creature's macabre armor was missing, as it disintegrated to the point where his bullets pierced right through the ashes -- and inside, he could see what was undoubtedly the creature's core. The shell of bodies had to have been protecting something, and now it was exposed... and Snake had the vantage point.

Realizing an opportunity, Snake pulled the pin of another grenade, and tossed it through the air. He threw it in such a way that it would go through the hole in Legion's armor, landing near the core -- with any luck, the grenade would explode inside the shell, wreaking havoc on the creature.

[Demolitions: Hand Grenade -- Legion]
So I descended into the horrifying place, twisted creatures all around and an ominous stench in the air. I thought I was untouchable. They all fell to my superior firepower as the stench turned into an air of victory.

...and yet, through all this, I wish she would have given me a warning. Maybe then, all this could have been avoided, if she had sent me off with just one simple, obvious warning:

Don't lick the Phazon.

Post your spritesheets for webcomics here. Never mind. URL down.

"When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall - think of it, always." ~Mahatma Gandhi

Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55% of plepoe can.
...of crouse, taht mgiht be bcaeuse smoe plopee dno't bthoer wtih the hdeacahe of tyrnig to raed tihs carp.

Offline Greo

• The Champion
  • Regimental
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 25, 2011, 09:23:01 PM »
It might not be the strongest, but it'sa going to get hotter, quick!

Mario, having become sick of this strange country he's constantly being sent to, channels the rest of his energy into a potent fireball. The devastating beam that Legion struck Midna with wouldn't be any less deadly to the others; it was time to hold nothing back. He looks at the globe of fire in his palm, then back at Legion, flinging it in the direction of the abomination's core!

[Fireball -> Legion]

What, you're going to cry again?
Feel free to add me to Google Talk; greorodera[at]gmail.com

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
  • "May the moon light your path..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: April 29, 2011, 10:26:16 AM »
[DM Note to KI: Very well. Tell me when you've revised it, if you do.]

Party
Mario HP: 616/667 - MP:  80/169 - Overdrive: 0%   [Normal] [62/215 HP Barrier] [Poland]
Snake HP: 653/640 - MP: 133/173 - Overdrive: 8%   [Normal]
Cyan  HP: 928/928 - MP:  87/137 - Overdrive: 58%  [Normal]
Midna HP: 267/610 - MP: 228/344 - Overdrive: 50%  [Normal]
Nova  HP: 913/930 - MP:  77/159 - Overdrive: 8%   [Normal]
Tien  HP: 862/862 - MP:  55/168 - Overdrive: 100% [Overdrive Ready]

Boss
Legion   HP: ?? [Damaged] [Burning - 4 - Apply to all below]
Shield 3 HP: ??
Shield 4 HP: ??

Cyan jumps up the platforms to where Midna is, and adminsters a potion to her. She drinks it, and recovers 102 HP! That was rather potent. [-1 Potion -> Cyan]

"Thank you, sir Cyan," Midna says.

[Note: You guys don't need to rely on the MP regen per round, you know. You should have Ethers to restore MP. Check the Party Status to see if you have Ethers.]

Mario, getting out the strange land he keeps getting sent to, charges up a Fireball and flings it at the core! The firball explodes against the core, dealing 411 fire damage! [-60 MP -> Mario]

Snake, taking advantage of the open core, flings a hand grenade at the core! The grenade impacts on the Core's shell, dealing 147 explosive damage to it! [-90 MP -> Snake] The core's cage cracks further. It's starting to look weaker.

[Another DM Note: Something seems wrong here. The Hand Grenade costs more MP than a Fireball, yet does a lot less damage. Either I'm using the mana calculations wrong, or we may need to revise Snake's or character abilites again. Unless that's the way Stungun wants it.]

Nova flings his boomerang at the core! He manages to hit the core for 194 slashing damage!

Tien, using some of the last of his mana, summons a Ki Barrier around Midna! She is protected for 215 HP! [-25 MP -> Tien]

Legion gets ready to attack, but first, it, and all its shields burn for 50 fire damage! The tenacle fires another laser at the party! This time, it aims for all of them! Mario is hit for 212 damage! His barrier goes down! Snake dodges the laser with celerity. Cyan is barely hit for 214 damage! While Midna, not making the same mistake, phases in and out of the laser's direction to avoid it. Nova also dodges the laser. However, Tien, paying too much attention to his barrier, gets critically struck for 424 damage! Fortunately, Tien is still up, yet bleeding (Half HP left).

[End Round 6]
[Begin Round 7 - MP Regen]
Mario: 11 MP!
Snake: 19 MP!
Cyan: 19 MP!
Midna: 12 MP!
Nova: 6 MP!
Tien: 13 MP!

Party
Mario HP: 429/667 - MP:  31/169 - Overdrive: 23%  [Normal]
Snake HP: 653/640 - MP:  62/173 - Overdrive: 8%   [Normal]
Cyan  HP: 714/928 - MP: 106/137 - Overdrive: 78%  [Normal]
Midna HP: 369/610 - MP: 240/344 - Overdrive: 50%  [Normal] [215/215 HP Barrier]
Nova  HP: 913/930 - MP:  83/159 - Overdrive: 8%   [Normal]
Tien  HP: 438/862 - MP:  43/168 - Overdrive: 100% [Overdrive Ready]

Boss
Legion   HP: ?? [Damaged] [Burning - 3 - Apply to all below]
Shield 3 HP: ??
Shield 4 HP: ??

Midna says, "Tien! Let me return the favor!" and casts Twilight Barrier on Tien! Creating a barrier with 126 HP of defense, and +10% to Defense and Magic Defense. [-60 MP -> Midna]

With that, it is Cyan's turn.
-Aegis Runestone-
Thanks to Galadin at the Dissidia Forums for this Awesome Avatar!
My Library of Fan Stories. Come, read, and enjoy!
My ArchiveOfOurOwn.org Account
"It's better to stand for something than to fall for anything."- Snypa

Learn about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Mormon Messages

Offline Stungun

• Knight in Shining Sub-Dermal Armor
  • Executive
  • This hurts a lot more than it looks, you know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 30, 2011, 12:34:26 AM »
((OOC: Aegis, the grenade should do splash damage to surrounding targets/an AoE. It *is* a grenade, after all. So it should damage all the other plates as well! Though that damage does seem a little lacking. IMO, it should be area of effect damage and at least 150% stronger than it is now, considering how much damage Fireball does... Maybe a bonus to damage against the target the grenade is closest to (the main target)? Here's my idea: Damage to the main target is multiplied by 150%. Splash damage remains the same.))

Snake ducked beneath another laser. This thing was persistant, and it would stop at nothing to get him and his allies killed. But as persistant as Legion was, Snake was even moreso. And now that the creature's core was exposed to him, and its defenses were wrecked, the ex-op switched to his pistol. There was only so much punishment a beast like this could take, and he knew it had to be running to the end of its rope. He just had to keep up the assault, until it finally cracked under the pressure.

Sliding another clip into his trusty SOCOM, he pulled back the chamber, and fired off another series of rounds at the horrible beast. It wouldn't be long now -- soon, their opponent would fall. They had superior firepower and the tactical advantage; Legion's numbers meant nothing against the six.

[Attack - Legion]
So I descended into the horrifying place, twisted creatures all around and an ominous stench in the air. I thought I was untouchable. They all fell to my superior firepower as the stench turned into an air of victory.

...and yet, through all this, I wish she would have given me a warning. Maybe then, all this could have been avoided, if she had sent me off with just one simple, obvious warning:

Don't lick the Phazon.

Post your spritesheets for webcomics here. Never mind. URL down.

"When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall - think of it, always." ~Mahatma Gandhi

Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55% of plepoe can.
...of crouse, taht mgiht be bcaeuse smoe plopee dno't bthoer wtih the hdeacahe of tyrnig to raed tihs carp.

Offline Greo

• The Champion
  • Regimental
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: April 30, 2011, 01:58:14 AM »
((I'd suggest greatly reducing the cost of Demolitions, increasing the damage, or both. And of course, calculate splash damage into the whole attack. On a semi-related note, that whole ability is a mess to read!))

The barrier helped reduced the blow of the laser, but being out of energy left Mario with fewer options. The strange shielding was starting to weaken, but who knows how much longer the abomination can hold up? Backing up to his trusty boots, Mario leaps up into the air, attempting to pound away at Legion's core with sequential, well-timed jumps!

[Jumping on Legion's fac... er, core thing.]

What, you're going to cry again?
Feel free to add me to Google Talk; greorodera[at]gmail.com

Offline Kaiser Infinity

• Ascended
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 03, 2011, 03:12:57 PM »
As soon as Tien finished giving Midna his ki barrier, Legion retaliated. He didn't move quickly enough to avoid the beam as it ripped up from his chest through his left shoulder. "Aaaaaargh!!" he cried out; the beam sent him spinning to the ground.

Blood flowed profusely from the large burning gash. He hadn't lost enough muscle tissue to render his arm incapacitated, but moving it was out of the question. Damn it, he thought, I got careless! It's time to put this thing out of its horrid misery.

Using his good arm, he stands upright and aims like a sharpshooter at the Legion's core, firing as good a Dodon Ray as he could manage at this point in the fight. Hopefully nothing more would be needed on his part to end the battle.

[Dodon Ray Rank 2 ===> Legion Core]

Offline Joefalco

• RPG Maniac
  • Royalty
  • US of A
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 03, 2011, 07:14:58 PM »
Cyan's breath caught as he felt the pain from where the laser nicked him. His sword flashed as he turned his attention back to the enemy.

"Even as thine enemy scratches at thee, never forget thine comrades," the swordsman said.

With that, he charged at the monster to attack.

[Dispatch - Legion]

Fat is back, baby!

Offline Yu-Gi-Oh!

• Patron of Club Nowhere
  • Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 11, 2011, 08:15:46 PM »
Nova, getting disgusted with the persistent nature of this thing, was beginning to get a little angry at it. He decides he is going to snipe the creature.

[Nova - Legion -- Ability (Snipe) - 10 * 4mp for a total of 40mp.]

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Museum  |  Role Playing World  |  Runiecan Tales - Chapter 2: A Warrior's Honor

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines Page created in 0.179 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx