gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
484574 Posts in 28409 Topics by 2464 Members - Latest Member: austinrobert December 11, 2019, 05:42:08 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  Got myself an early birthday present!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Got myself an early birthday present!  (Read 1184 times)

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
  • "May the moon light your path..."
    • View Profile
Got myself an early birthday present!
« on: November 18, 2007, 04:36:58 PM »
3 days from now (this post) is my 22nd Birthday. So I thought I'd get myself something early, especially since it was hard to get at a low price.

I bought the GCN version of Zelda: Twilight Princess! I having SO MUCH fun with this game. I love the little mini-dungeon at the beginning of the game and I think it's funny when you swing you sword at people and they duck.

Though I hated the part where I was trying to find the fishing pole. Finally, got the cradle, then the pole, then after about an hour of chasing that darn cat; I went fishing, twice, and the cat took the fish and returned. Then, I could buy the slingshot and get the wooden sword.

This game looks like it's going to be so much fun! I'm having a blast!
-Aegis Runestone-
Thanks to Galadin at the Dissidia Forums for this Awesome Avatar!
My Library of Fan Stories. Come, read, and enjoy!
My ArchiveOfOurOwn.org Account
"It's better to stand for something than to fall for anything."- Snypa

Learn about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Mormon Messages

Offline Stungun

• Knight in Shining Sub-Dermal Armor
  • Executive
  • This hurts a lot more than it looks, you know.
    • View Profile
Re: Got myself an early birthday present!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 04:53:43 PM »
Yeah, the game's going to get pretty interesting in time. Be prepared for some frustration though... IMO, TP is the hardest 3D Zelda to date. But it's worth it for sure.
So I descended into the horrifying place, twisted creatures all around and an ominous stench in the air. I thought I was untouchable. They all fell to my superior firepower as the stench turned into an air of victory.

...and yet, through all this, I wish she would have given me a warning. Maybe then, all this could have been avoided, if she had sent me off with just one simple, obvious warning:

Don't lick the Phazon.

Post your spritesheets for webcomics here. Never mind. URL down.

"When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall - think of it, always." ~Mahatma Gandhi

Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55% of plepoe can.
...of crouse, taht mgiht be bcaeuse smoe plopee dno't bthoer wtih the hdeacahe of tyrnig to raed tihs carp.

Offline Aliem

• Ț̼͍̩̹̥̞̩̖͝ ̺̰̟͝s̸҉̜̜̘̥̥̤̬͓͔̰͔̩ͅ ̴̡̭̪͍͇̕c̦̀̀͡ͅ&
  • Advisor
  • Messiah
  • Oh hai Mark
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 05:00:40 PM »
I much prefer the GCN version to the Wii version.  It's loads uh fun ~_~

Granted, I only played the Wii version once >.>

Offline StephenKP

• Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 05:00:46 PM »
Yeah, the game's going to get pretty interesting in time. Be prepared for some frustration though... IMO, TP is the hardest 3D Zelda to date. But it's worth it for sure.

Disagreed, and I hope many can back me up. The game has longer dungeons, the bosses are usally easier than almost any game I ever played. Being it one of the better Zelda's I have played, it's still very easy. The dungeons are straight forward, pretty much, walk here, look around for a second, there is a key, bingo. Monsters take 2 to 3 hits to kill. Some 1 hit. And thats pathetic. They try to make it harder by sending 20 mobs at once, but easily can be taken care of with 2 to 3 swings, you don't even get hit.

I'm not trying to sound rude, but OOT was harder than TP.
Edit: Just read you said IMO. Sorry, still my opinion stays. :P
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 05:14:01 PM by Asrack »

Offline Sileem

• Grandmaster
  • Suzuka is no more
    • View Profile
    • Google+
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 05:07:19 PM »
I agree with Asrack, I think OoT was much harder, its still an amazing game, my favorite Zelda to date

Offline Josherz

• Rebels of the Sacred Heart
  • Accepted
    • View Profile
    • T-Warez.com
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2007, 05:13:07 PM »
yep, OOT is still my favorite. I loved the new one but it was not as hard, and I found it hard to replay. I hope you enjoy it Aegis.

Imagination is a preview of life's coming events.
My Photobucket(all my sigs/banners are there): http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b372/josherz/

Offline Aliem

• Ț̼͍̩̹̥̞̩̖͝ ̺̰̟͝s̸҉̜̜̘̥̥̤̬͓͔̰͔̩ͅ ̴̡̭̪͍͇̕c̦̀̀͡ͅ&
  • Advisor
  • Messiah
  • Oh hai Mark
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2007, 06:21:05 PM »
In terms of difficulty, all Zelda games are easy....

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2007, 06:23:44 PM »

I have 9 words for you, Janus: Final Battle with Ganon In Link to the Past.
-Aegis Runestone-

Mormon Messages

Offline Serge

• Red Ninja
  • Ascended
  • Red Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2007, 07:25:33 PM »
Haha, not every part of every Zelda game is easy, but I'm with Janus on this one. Zelda games on the whole tend to be less challenging then many of their cousins.

My birthday is in 2 days but I don't think I'm going to celebrate it this year =/

^ Thank you Lady Ry'en ^_^

Offline Marrshu

• Editor
  • Grandmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2007, 08:12:09 PM »
IMO, TP is the hardest 3D Zelda to date. But it's worth it for sure.

... are you kidding? Twilight Princess is the easiest of the 3-D Zelda games, and this is saying something because all the 3-D Zelda games were easy.

I'm not saying it's bad, but the game could have benefited from a harder master quest. =p

At any rate, for what Twilight Princess lacks in difficulty, it makes up for some jaw dropping scenes. (I won't spoil any, but you'll know when you get there.)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 08:15:30 PM by Sophia »

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2007, 12:01:17 AM »
I just beat the entire first wolf form segment and I'm now on my way to the Forest Temple. I'm stopping for the night.

While Wolf form is interesting. I found attacking annoying and it was really difficult to kill those huge hulks of black mass. I was happy when I could swing my sword again.

From what I gather so far, this is a sequel to Ocarina of Time that's about 20-40 years later?

Because Wind Waker is still canon as one can see from Phantom Hourglass, and it takes place hundreds of years after Ocarina of Time (I know it is a direct sequel as is TP, which I'm happy of).
-Aegis Runestone-

Mormon Messages

Offline Marrshu

• Editor
  • Grandmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2007, 08:51:09 AM »
From what I gather so far, this is a sequel to Ocarina of Time that's about 20-40 years later?

I'd say later then that. However, probably not over a 1000 years. They do retcon some stuff from OoT later on. :\

Offline Seronei

• Blinded By Fear
  • Executive
  • I want to take it home~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2007, 01:00:37 PM »

I have 9 words for you, Janus: Final Battle with Ganon In Link to the Past.

Not that hard just get 4 blue potions and use invinsibility cloak and it's piece of cake. Without that it's extremely hard thought :P

Offline Icey Hotshot

• Atoned
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2007, 02:53:11 PM »
Because Wind Waker is still canon as one can see from Phantom Hourglass, and it takes place hundreds of years after Ocarina of Time (I know it is a direct sequel as is TP, which I'm happy of).

How could WW NOT be canon?  Even if PH never existed, it would be obvious to me that WW is canon. 
Any Zelda game produced by Nintendo is unquestionably "canon" (what other definition is there?) along with the games produced by Capcom.  Can't find a source right now, but I'm pretty sure Nintendo considers those official games whereas they do not consider the CD-i games official.  Also, games featuring Link in a cameo or as a fighter (eg. SSB) are obviously not canon.

Unless by saying canon what you actually mean to say is that the Zelda games follow a single timeline, in which case that's not clear at all and probably never will be.

Offline StephenKP

• Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2007, 05:29:45 PM »
Not even, 1 green potion, 13 hearts. It's called dodging. >.>; The only thing you would even run into is the birds that turn from fire, and fly in a circle, but even that thats not that hard to dodge. Teh dark part is the easiet part of the fight, and if you are fast enough when you drop down, you can hit him tow to three times before he starts talkign speeding up the fight by a few seconds.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 05:32:09 PM by Asrack »

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  Got myself an early birthday present!

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines Page created in 0.177 seconds with 20 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx