gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
484586 Posts in 28410 Topics by 2463 Members - Latest Member: austinrobert August 06, 2020, 01:35:22 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  SPOILERS [Wii] Super Smash Bros. Brawl
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: SPOILERS [Wii] Super Smash Bros. Brawl  (Read 25477 times)

Offline Chibito

• Regimental
    • View Profile
Re: Spoilers Inside - New Super Smash Bros. Brawl Site!
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2007, 03:43:54 AM »
Again an update on the website, but unfortunately, I think they're running out of ideas... THey released HALF of Pit's special moves, Up and Normal. >.> Ah well, anyways,

Pit draws his bowstring taut...
...and fires! The trajectory of the arrow can curve...
Steering up and down will bend the trajectory.
His arrows travel as fast as light, though, so be quick. Very quick!

He's falling! Danger! ...But don't worry.
The "Wings of Icarus" allow Pit to fly freely through the sky!

In actuality, though, Pit is an angel who cannot ordinarily fly.
After a while he will fall, so be careful.

So yeah, they actually just added stuff to the yesterday's update. >.> Oh yeaah CAN'T WAIT TO SEE MARIO'S SPECIALS! >.> Oh and as you can see from the pics in the website, you can control the arrow quite well, but it's darn fast so it might not be so easy as it looks. Also the 'free-flying' is interesting, I can see myself using it very often, but will I actually even use Pit? Probably not, but my brother is interested in him. :P The update wasn't what I was expecting for, they could have at least gave up all four specials, but well, the updates come every day so who am I to whine? ;p I bet that when they want a little extra time to keep up with the every weekday updates they'll release Mario's Special Attacks one by one. XD
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 03:53:30 AM by Chibito »

Offline Chibito

• Regimental
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2007, 05:19:53 AM »
Finally they have released more information on the so called 'special attacks' which we have seen in some trailers, and yeah, they really are special attacks called the 'Final Smash'!

Final Smash

The Final Smash is a secret skill that can be performed but once.and only after obtaining an item called the Smash Ball, which is a precious item indeed.
The basic gist of it? I suppose you could say it's kind of like a powerful and personalised hammer. (Or maybe not...)
You can look forward to experiencing the glowing personality behind each of the many Final Smashes!

Not only did they release information on the item itself, they also told us Mario's Final Smash, not that we already knew that for months.

Mario: Final Smash
So just what was that massive storm of flame Mario unleashed in the movie?
That was Mario's Final Smash, the Mario Finale!
He's got the Smash Ball! Mario is standing by!
Ready?
Bam! Bam! BambambambamBAM!
The explosion launches out and expands vertically as it travels, so in order to inflict the most damage possible on enemies, it's best to release this from a slightly floating or mid-air position on either the left or right side of the screen.
If Mario launches this at you, you'd better flee!

So yeah, it's awesome. I wonder how does it really work. It just very rarely drops into the stage and then people pretty much fight for their lives to get it. Now what is left to see is other Final Smashes. Mario's was pretty obvious from the trailer, but does Kirby's FS only cook one person? How does Link's special work? And then Pit and Meta-Knight? So pretty much awesome update today.

Offline Reth_Eldirood

• Enigmatic Immortal
  • Let It Rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2007, 09:13:58 PM »
Okay.  Someone is going to say it eventually, so I'll just get it out of the way.

Mario:  Kamehameha!

Okay.  It's done.  Nobody else has to say it.

Anyways...  Yeah.  This looks COOL.  It does kind of suck that you would only be able to do it once (assuming that means oncer per battle).  However, this actually raises more questions than it answers...  Are there different ones based on the many Special moves (i.e., is the Mario Finale only the FS version of the Fireball)?  Is it once per battle/item/ownership of the game/eon, and can that setting be changed?

Is Luigi's FS (assuming his presence in the game) going to be a comic fizzle, and then him running for his life, or is he going to pull out the Poltergust 3000, and then run for his life?  :P

As Chibito pointed out, will Kirby simply make a Mario Stock, or a Melee Medley?  Aside from (probably) massive damage, does he gain any other benefit the way he would from the Cook ability in the games?

Will Link's also kick arse in singular or plural?

It suddenly occurs to me that this is probably how Samus becomes Zero-suit Samus; the E3 video shows Samus executing a massive cannon blast of Shinkuu Hadoken proportions, then her suit falling off.

I wanna play!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 09:20:21 PM by Reth_Eldirood »
Māthair mbeannacht ort.  (Mother's blessing upon you.)

"What kind of Foolamancer are you?"
"What kind are you, that made a natural fool of an artificial one?"
Stanley and the Foolamancer, Erfworld

"I should have mentioned - never dare the universe to get weirder."
- Dead Debbie, Indefensible Positions

Current projects:
Twitch streaming Fridays and Saturdays starting 9 PM EST

Offline Chibito

• Regimental
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2007, 03:59:19 AM »
Who doesn't, Reth? =P New update today, wouldn't say it's as smashing as the yesterday's, but it'll work. This time it's about shooting, take Super Scope as an example. (Yeah, it's in it as well) Before you stopped when you started shooting, but nooo now you can jump around with your gun and shoot shoot and shoot.

Moving and Shooting
We've included rapid-fire items like the Super Scope once again.
A so-called shooting item.
This time, though, you can walk and even jump while shooting these weapons!
Whoa! You can move forwards and backwards!
You can even shoot while jumping!
Freedom and ease of use have gotten a real upgrade.
This expansion also increases your possible strategies, so fire away!

So, looking at the pictures, it looks okay. I'll mostly probably find some good uses for this, even though I didn't use Super Scope really often, I'm more of a Laser Gun type. =P Oh, but! This seems to apply nito all guns? Hail... Nintendo? Masahiro Sakurai?

No replies so I'll just do my special trick.... Muhahaha... MUHAHA! EDIT!!

Cracker Launcher
This is a shooting item. Basically, you hold it in your arms.
Gotta heft this thing! Hurrrgh!
After you grab this item, it'll rapidly release blast after blast of firecrackers that explode gaudily.
Whoooooooaaa!
You can walk around and jump while holding the launcher.
You can also aim the launcher at different angles by tilting the Control Stick up or down.
Fire up or down!
Be safe and sensible when playing with fireworks.

Yeah, you heard it right. We got a new weapon, and this time it shoots fireworks! Also, you can aim up and down, of course you can also jump and move as you shoot with it. It seems to be heavy and powerful gun, kinda like... Samus' Charge Beam? Anyways, it seems like a good addition, at least I don't rememer having any very powerful gun-items in SSBM. I'll be probably using this. By the way, did anyone notice it's aimed up with the control stick? THat means no more jumping with it! WOO! (I always hated it) Up+A Non-Smash attacks just got a lot easier to perform. =P
Ahh, they released a new update, it's a new stage called... Delfino Plaza?

Delfino Plaza
This is the central town of Isle Delfino, the tropical setting of Super Mario Sunshine.
Wow! That blue ocean is bright on the eyes.
Ahh... It makes me want to swim.
This particular battle stage flies around the skies above the island.
Fly here and there as you look down on the town below.
After a thrilling landing, it becomes a normal battle stage.
There are several landing points.
This flight path repeats, providing great sightseeing and brawling.
The changing scenery is so beautiful you get absorbed in it.
You really feel like a tourist!

Looking pretty awesome, also the stage changes once in a while wich makes it awesome. In graphics it looks like a more polished version of the Super Mario Sunshine version but otherwise there are no major differences. Looking very interesting, looking at the pictures you could say there's 3, but most likely 4 or more difrerent places to battle in this stage.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 03:09:26 AM by Chibito »

Offline Reth_Eldirood

• Enigmatic Immortal
  • Let It Rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2007, 01:48:01 PM »
Seems to be a much larger version of what they did for the PokeFloats and Mute City stages in Melee.  You get towed around and placed in areas with different backgrounds, footing, danger areas...  As I remember, the street could kill you in Mute City, both from the passing racers and from the 'charged' road surface.  Wonder if any passing Piantas will throw fruit at you?

The Cracker Launcher looks pretty cool.  So do the explosions. :P  I wonder if they will go off with the classic 'boom' sound from SMB when you got fireworks from the Flag slide.

Current projects:

Offline Cyclone

• Higher Power
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zcnetwork.net
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2007, 06:32:12 PM »
Quote from: Reth_Eldirood;598421
Wonder if any passing Piantas will throw fruit at you?

Remember the Shyguys in the newer Yoshi's Island stage?  Yeah...the fruits may be items to recover health, not something to hit you.  Nice idea.

Cyclone

Sig. image courtesy of Chayy.

Sephiroth: How do I edit the first bullet bill so it's fire rate is less rapid
inori: Well, first you die. Then its fire rate goes down to zero.
Marrshu: No actually it continues firing

GU Award Winner of Best Moderator (early 2004) and Best Global Moderator (rest of 2004).

As a general rule. don't solve puzzles that will open a portal to hell. It will ruin your day.

Offline Reth_Eldirood

• Enigmatic Immortal
  • Let It Rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2007, 01:19:45 PM »
Yanno, I'm looking at today's update, which essentially is 'how to save yourself from almost certain death by jumping'.  Judging by the screenshots there, does anyone else think that Mario's jump distance may have been increased somewhat?  I mean, that's one hell of a recovery.  Unless the 'Battlefield' stage still has the low-gravity setting as it does in Melee, this seems to be an extraordinary recovery.

You know... I'm suddenly hoping there's some method for custom or additional downloadable stages via WiiConnect.  I doubt it, but it would be cool.

Current projects:

Offline Ward

• Awesome
  • Grandmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2007, 01:31:32 PM »
Doesn't look like too big of a difference to me. Seems like he does a mid-air jump first before he does the recovery move.

Offline Marrshu

• Editor
  • Grandmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2007, 05:57:00 PM »
Quote from: Reth_Eldirood;599088
this seems to be an extraordinary recovery.

There's gotta be something in play there. Such a recovery is close to impossible under the SSBM and SSB gameplay.

Also, if the rumors about Metroid Prime 3 having downloadable content are true, then it could be possible for Brawl to have it too.

Offline Cyclone

• Higher Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2007, 07:04:23 PM »
SSB series is too popular to avoid downloadable additions.  I think there will be some.

Cyclone

GU Award Winner of Best Moderator (early 2004) and Best Global Moderator (rest of 2004).

As a general rule. don't solve puzzles that will open a portal to hell. It will ruin your day.

Offline Chibito

• Regimental
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2007, 10:33:19 AM »
I bet there will be download able content. There's online matches, so some will most likely whine about balancing the characters up a little, so that's one possible download. Also more stages, characters even would be huge bonus, it would also boost up the amount of how long you wanna play it, even though it wouldn't cause much difference. I still love SSBM and would play it often if I hadn't lost my memory card. Oh and, today's new update was on Pikachu and Kirby. Pretty much nothing new.

At first I thought he did the updates with a wheel of fortune, but I'm starting to think he has five wheels: 'New or Old', 'Stupid Stuff', 'Impressive Information', 'Awesome Additions', 'New Characters'. First he uses 'New or Old' wheel to decide which other wheel to use for today's update, 50% of the pie is Stupid Stuff, 25% is Impressive information 15% is Awesome Additions and 5% is New Characters. Also, they use a magnetic system to rise the odds of Stupid Stuff.

Offline Cyclone

• Higher Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2007, 09:17:27 PM »
Quote from: Chibito;599190
First he uses 'New or Old' wheel to decide which other wheel to use for today's update, 50% of the pie is Stupid Stuff, 25% is Impressive information 15% is Awesome Additions and 5% is New Characters.

And the other 5%? =P

Cyclone

Offline Chibito

• Regimental
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2007, 02:25:05 AM »
Quote from: Cyclone;599259
And the other 5%? =P

Cyclone
That's empty with the excuse: 'Sorry Masahiro's computer went down' :p

The wheel of fortune brought us some amazing information today, it's about the controls! See, they said you'd use Classic/Gamecube controller for that? They tricked us. o.o

Yes, that's right! You can actually use any controllers you want! That was mean, tricking us into believing the Classic controller stuff so we wouldn't ask all the time. =P Well, anyways it was pretty good update, even though he tried to avoid telling us actually HOW do you control with anything in the first place. I mean Classic and GC might be obbious but just a Wii-Remote? Also, I think it'll be interesting to see what controlling system suits you the best. I'm thinking Gamecube or Classic. They're so... Classic.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 02:44:22 AM by Chibito »

Offline Marrshu

• Editor
  • Grandmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2007, 05:53:28 AM »
I can see how all of those except the Sideways one will work. I am VERY interested in seeing how that works. If it works well, it'll be my prefered method ^^;

Offline Reth_Eldirood

• Enigmatic Immortal
  • Let It Rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2007, 07:34:46 PM »
I can *kinda* see how the sideways Wiimote will be used... I'm not certain as to how one would block, but...

SSB is essentially a two (three if you actually take time out of your day to block or throw) button game to begin with, and can be played with the digital pad as easily as with the analog stick (more so, in many respects, as the sensitivity of the stick may make you jump when such is not your intention).  Turn it sideways, and move/jump/duck with the pad, double-tap to dash, attack and special moves with the two buttons on the right side.  Probably the 'A' button next to the pad will serve as both block and throw, in the same way the 'Z' shoulder button served on Gamecube.

That's my theory, anyway.

Current projects:

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  SPOILERS [Wii] Super Smash Bros. Brawl

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines Page created in 0.225 seconds with 20 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx