gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
484562 Posts in 28408 Topics by 2804 Members - Latest Member: Kaneorsox September 20, 2019, 01:34:18 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  General Chit Chat  |  Job of your dreams and Future
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Job of your dreams and Future  (Read 1493 times)

Offline Starwarsisgreat

• Scholar
    • View Profile
Job of your dreams and Future
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2006, 04:33:20 PM »
Well I have a few goals.  My first is to act in theatre.  I've sung since I can remember and I even got a tiny chorus part in a children's theatre production when I was 10 which is an honor :P.   I got a 39 of 40 ranking at the solo ensemble contest in Minnesota and was tossed into the judging category where I had a chance to be named the best male student singer in Minnesota.  Sadly I was in 9th grade and my voice still hasn't fully developed (I'm ending my sophomore year in two weeks), and I was against seniors :P.  Anyways those are just some of my credentials and why I think I'd have a chance at stage acting.

Another goal is to be a professional musician.  I'm currently working on an experimental/prog/alt/blues/jazz band project that's going incredibly well.  My guitarist is the best at school, we have a pretty ok drummer and we have a pretty good rhythm guitarist.  I think this band could go places, but if it doesn't, I luckily am very experienced when it comes to rhythm bass and I can hold my own in a key/mode based jam.

Quote from: SindreX
well. something whit music. Hopefully my band goes through and ill be able to only do drums. If that doesen't work, maybe ill be a Music/gym teacher. That would also be great. I like children.
I'd love to teach music as well, I think it'd be great to impart my obsession with Jaco Pastorious onto my pupils :P.

The final of my goals is to be a virologist.  It's always been a fascination of mine.  I love the idea that such a tiny particle can cause so much damage.  I think it's amazing.

Anyways those are my goals in life, dreams for a few :P.  Hope this was a thoroughly detailed response :P.
There's only one thing in the world I want and that is CrisisJawa.
CrisisJawa - You see this name, you think dirty.
-~Favorite~-

-~Current~-

May 2006 Art Awards
1st Place: Theme
3rd Place: Banner

Offline Aleksey

• Scholar
  • The average person thinks they aren't.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2006, 04:56:22 PM »
This would pretty much be a dream job for me.
http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/mythbusters/mythbusters.html

There is nothing new under the sun, just lots of things we don't know about.
-----
Learning to fly is basically learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
- Douglas Adams

Offline KingOfHumans

• Always Watching
  • Messiah
  • Here today, gone tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • GUKingOfHeart
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2006, 06:01:39 PM »
Job that pays money does not really matter but basicly right now I'm working on my dream.. and not being payed for it either. My dream was to help others and to make a zelda game. So basicly I'm doing it now through GU. For R/L I'll settle for a bank job, since I'm still helping people atleast.

Offline Deuce

• Royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2006, 06:37:45 PM »
Quote from: Janus
An actor.  That's all I've ever done since I was 8.

Thats good! But keep up with your degree...it is always nice to have a back-up plan :)

Quote from: MasterOfHyrule
I'm going to try and be an Accountant. :D

Accounting is fun if you enjoy math. :)

I hope to get paid a lot (average is $52000 year).  I might not make that much so I hope for maybe $30000 doing something as an Accountant.

Accounting is a good career. :)

Offline Seth

• Executive
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2006, 06:41:41 PM »
I'm stuck between 2 choices.

A Computer Engineer, or a Police Officer.
Mongi Tank Demo Video
Yes I know the UI sucks, just wanna get it stable first.

If you have any ideas or suggestions for items you want to see, shoot me a PM. Accepting donations of .x or .3ds models for maps and other tanks (You will be given acknowledgment in the credits).

Offline Chibito

• Regimental
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2006, 06:43:22 AM »
I would like to be a chef or writer... Let's just see which i will be better in or which will be more fun. I'm going to 7th grade this year so we didn't have home economics or whatever yet. I hope I'll like it.

Offline Exodia

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2006, 07:08:30 AM »
Quote from: Chibito
I would like to be a chef or writer... Let's just see which i will be better in or which will be more fun. I'm going to 7th grade this year so we didn't have home economics or whatever yet. I hope I'll like it.

oi have a friend at school who wants to become a cheif and hes food i s amazing but i get worried becuase he has really long hair and looks like jesus :D well least i know i wont die from his food is hes jesus :D
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Offline Golden Warrior

• ~GW~
  • Advisor
  • Chaos Angel
  • /Empire/Vector
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2006, 09:05:49 PM »
My dream job is my current job. :linkwink:

I'm an IT Technician and in short, I'm one of the computer guys that people call at work when stuff breaks, and when something needs to get done (ex website update, new PC rollouts, new software rollouts, enable/disable network ports, etc...).

As for my future, I'm moving to move up within the company as I like it there ATM.
DDOEQ2
Argonnessen ServerCrushbone Server
Gustal Dymlos Human Fighter LV2Quaxialaem - Dark Elf Necromancer LV27
Woth Half-Orc Barbarian LV1Afuwkoac - Freeblood Shadowknight LV26
Kathanos Half-Elf Monk LV1 / Sorcerer LV1Zeekort - Troll Paladin LV52
ILomer - Human Gaurdian LV20
Ruliach - Fae Warden LV20
Naebiya - Wood Elf Beastlord LV29

The tediousness of paperwork makes my eyes burn and head hurt. Yet it is a necessary evil we all share. I like swords. Swords are simple. They aren't confusing or evil. Just straight forward implements of death. Have a nice day. ~GW

I like swords ~Fighter, 8-Bit Theater

Offline youko shi

• Executive
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2006, 10:48:18 PM »
I've got a few....not really all that related, but whatever.

1. fiction writer (if i do that, i'll need either a very good spell checker and editor, or to learn how to spell well :P)
2. shrink (a lotta people tell me i'm good at this one....though i don't really trust the one's that get paid for it, thats just always bugged me =/)
3. something in martial arts, either in pro fighting or just teaching little kids to beat the tar outta eachother. that'd be great =))
4. a massage therapist (i like giving massages, tis fun ^_^, though i'd have to learn more of how to do it)
5. physic's teacher (i like explaining things like this physics, and kids rule)
6. programmer (but i kinda suck at that so its gonna be like a last resort)
Stay Crazy<br />

Offline Lethes

• courage
  • Executive
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2006, 11:14:58 PM »
i want to be an Anesthesiologist  (ana sies E olo jist)(a doctor that puts people to sleep(not like kills people) and also helps them breath and such) moastly because they make alot of money and also because it would be really fun to do...  :)

~Lethes~
face your fears

Offline Chibito

• Regimental
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2006, 01:51:21 AM »
Quote from: Exodia
oi have a friend at school who wants to become a cheif and hes food i s amazing but i get worried becuase he has really long hair and looks like jesus :D well least i know i wont die from his food is hes jesus :D

OMG I have long hair too! Not that long maybe but still. And I dunno about the Jesus stuff... But I guess I look like your friend :D

Quote from: GolderWarrior
My dream job is my current job. :linkwink:

Wow, that's kind of achievement I think. Congratulations!

Offline Lethes

• courage
  • Executive
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2006, 01:59:25 AM »
Chibito, why dont you tell us your dream job?
i wanna be a doctor (but not the kind you might think) :p

~Lethes~
face your fears

Offline inori

• Grandmaster
    • View Profile
    • http://projectaura.thegaminguniverse.com/
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2006, 11:39:14 AM »
I plan to teach.  I'm teaching now, as some of you may know, but I don't plan to teach English.  Yuck.  I'm in the process of enrolling back in university to get a (second) degree in secondary education, so that I can teach math and/or computer science.
Help me with Project Aura.  Download the latest version and post bug reports, criticisms, or suggestions for improvement.

(01:09:26 AM) (satanman) hmm... if you want proof, search google for 'lina hentai', BUT FOR GODS SAKE DONT HIT 'I'M FEELING LUCKY', YOU WONT FEEL LUCKY

When Project Aura goes horribly wrong...
Quote from: inori's compiler
Build Time 6:42
Build log was saved at "file://c:\VSProjs\PAura\PAura\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
PAura - 9895 error(s), 0 warning(s)
[/size]

Offline Exodia

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2006, 10:22:56 AM »
cool they all sound like very hi paid jobs and very very interesting and exciting ones in that fact. im suprised no-ones said that they would like to become and astranout yet , i though allmost every kid wanted to become one when they where small , so who has wanted to become and astanout and go to space :D??
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Offline Prozak Junkie

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2006, 11:38:56 AM »
Well I'm aiming to do Mechanical Engineering in collage which would mean a nice well paid job with extremely varied work (in other words I'll never be doing the same job twice) which is great I as I get bored of repitave tasks very fast.

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  General Chit Chat  |  Job of your dreams and Future

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines Page created in 0.192 seconds with 20 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx