gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
484586 Posts in 28410 Topics by 2463 Members - Latest Member: austinrobert August 06, 2020, 02:41:44 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  Xbox 360 or a PS3 for me?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Xbox 360 or a PS3 for me?  (Read 8598 times)

Offline Overlord

• Demon Eye
  • Founder
  • Messiah
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thegaminguniverse.com
Xbox 360 or a PS3 for me?
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2006, 09:41:53 PM »
Either that or it's because they had no time to perfect the controller.. Nintendo was working on the Wii controller for a long time.. Sony only started when Nintendo unveiled theirs, perhaps they simply ran out of time to get both the sensing and rumble into the control and have it work well. 3rd parties have had plenty of time to work with the PS2 however.
[email protected]
-- Retired Head Administrator --
- Advisor -

Offline midnite

• Learner
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2006, 07:09:22 PM »
i say ps3
)v(idnite

i'm watching you.........

Offline Seth

• Executive
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2006, 08:16:01 PM »
One thing about consoles is that they also tend to have some bugs when they first come out. So the PS3 is not only more expensive but bound to have a few hidden bugs as well.

360 > PS3
Mongi Tank Demo Video
Yes I know the UI sucks, just wanna get it stable first.

If you have any ideas or suggestions for items you want to see, shoot me a PM. Accepting donations of .x or .3ds models for maps and other tanks (You will be given acknowledgment in the credits).

Offline Eternity

• Accepted
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2006, 10:24:23 PM »
PS3 definately! The graphics are just awesome. 360 wasn't that great when I tried it. I only tried two games, but found them really bad. The PS3 has really nice features and also looks better than the XBOX.

SeRbZ Site | Get Mozilla | SnD | FK Clan Site

----------------------------
~This is my Manifesto

Offline Yondaime

• Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2006, 11:49:21 PM »
The 360 has been out longer (less buggy). Is cheaper. Has live on the cheaper version. And Microsoft isn't doing a lot of ripping off other consoles while lying.

If this was an ethics based thing the 360 wins. But it isn't. However 360 still wins.  :)
Yondaime

Team 7

Support Uzumaki Naruto. Support Hokage Village. Started by our very own Gallant Samurai.

Offline Lethes

• courage
  • Executive
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2006, 12:14:49 AM »
I would buy the 360, Just because i think its cooler. but also it is said to be "unhackable" ( I read it somewhere). but i would buy the x-box 360 then w8 a while (till the ps3 is cheeper at price), then buy it as well. but thats just me... ;p
face your fears

Offline Armageddon

• Vile Reaper
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2006, 03:55:07 AM »
Well I know I don't want Nintendo.  So far Xbox 360 looks to be the best buy for this fall.

Thxs guys.
GU Dictionary: o.o {emoticon} ; used to mean many things ;1 a greeting ;2 an exclamation of surprise ;3 an exclamation of shock ;4 to exhibit confusion ex \\\\\\\"what the *****!?\\\\\\\" ;5 can be used for many things for which no one has the words to describe.

Offline j_skizle88

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2006, 04:19:07 PM »
come on the other two systems havent even come out yet and everyone is talking about what they will have problems with, i say xbox for those with a budget but since i am a ps fan i might go for that. although the wii has caught my eye only cause Super smash bros brawl(might i add the reason i have a gamecube) so thats something for me to look forward to. at this point i would advise to pick for what type of games you like, the teen/adult gear games of xbox or the all around ps.

Offline Exodia

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2006, 01:09:47 PM »
i thought that the PS3 will be better then the Xbox 360 which it should be but when they come out i have read that sony will only be making slite profits and lose also alot of money, they have said that they no longer will be bringing it out with those cool futuristic game pads but the odiginal old ps1 controlers which i hope they do not and change there mind. Also i have read and spoken about at school that the PS3 will be around 400- 500 pounds in england and games upto 50 pounds, i think sony will have big losses on the PS3.
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Offline MottZilla

• Atoned
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Gaiden IV
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2006, 04:27:34 PM »
I highly recommend the Xbox 360. I bought one recently and it's wonderful though the game selection is a bit scarce at the moment. However contrary to what other people say, the PS3 is not significantly more powerful. And keep in mind you could buy a PC setup more powerful than both easily. Also I'm willing to bet alot of people commenting on the 360 don't even own one and maybe never even played one. It really is a solid system and quite nice. Esspecially if you like online multiplayer and have Xbox Live. They give you a week free of the Gold service that lets you play online multiplayer when you first sign your system up. After that you must pay or be reverted to Silver status which doesn't let you play multiplayer online, but it's free and lets you download demos of games you might be considering buying. That's definitely one of the coolest things about it.

But all that said, you should look through the list of games. If you don't see a fair number (in your mind) of games that you want, don't buy it. Same for the PS3. I bought the Xbox 360 because I had the money and there were enough games out or on the way that I wanted.
Ninja Gaiden IV:
Homepage

Offline RedShift

• Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2006, 01:20:12 PM »
(This is rather fanboyish, but everyone has to be non-objective sometime)

I get the feeling I'm the only person here who actually plays one day-by-day let me tell you that even after having one for almost 6 months every time I turn it on and that little x-sphere spins around a chill goes down my spine. Say all you want about true computing power, there's something about the 360 that makes it different than any console before, and you can't understand how cool it is until you have one running hooked to XBLA in your basement and the stereo turned way up, it hits you...

... that this is how gaming was meant to be.

All game genres, from now to the 1980's and everyone around the world united under one clean, efficient internet system with PERFECT COMPATABILITY!!! games from $6 to $60, it all depends on what you want your experience to be.

we_just_need_time_for_game_library_to_e xpand!!!

Offline MottZilla

• Atoned
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Gaiden IV
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2006, 12:23:33 AM »
Totally man. If the library gets as vast as it needs to soon I could see the 360 being very successful. I really hope it is as it is far more affordable than PS3 and already proven, revised, and entering 2nd or 3rd generation games. If Halo 3 does indeed come out around the time of the PS3 I have no doubt for alot of people it will over shadow the PS3 completely. I didn't really care for Halo but I'll certainly want to check out Halo 3.
Ninja Gaiden IV:
Homepage

Offline Shadow_NinjaLink

• Adept
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2006, 12:53:38 AM »
I heard the Xbox 360 was having technical diffulties and doesn't have alot of games, so I prefer PS3. I'm hoping my sister will get it...soon. I heard she was going to get one. Some time this milliennium.
Anyway, I think you should get PS3.
*New Theme*
"Beware of what you see."

Thanks for the tips and the help NinjaLink!

Offline RedShift

• Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2006, 02:25:24 PM »
Quote from: Shadow_NinjaLink
I heard the Xbox 360 was having technical diffulties and doesn't have alot of games, so I prefer PS3. I'm hoping my sister will get it...soon. I heard she was going to get one. Some time this milliennium.
Anyway, I think you should get PS3.

Sony lies to you, like when you've had too much Zoloft, except they know better. I bought mine "second batch" and haven't had a prblem yet. Come into the light and see the glory that is Microsoft.

:P That last line was a bit much.

I buy for the games at the best bargain, honestly. I'm buying a DS this sunday because it has great games. I bought the 360 to give me the "high end computer game" fix every gamer needs, and it has great games. So does PS3, but for 200 dollars more. Wii wouldn't have filled that gap in my gamer pallette, unfortunately. I had an original Xbox also, and let me telly ou, it's like a landslide. Microsoft is only gaining fans, it's only a matter of time until Microsoft is leader, considering Bill gates has four to five times as much money to throw at the situation as Sonay, and he's absoloutely interested in doing that very thing.

I feel like I can count on Microsoft.... We complained about the things we didn't like about the dashboard, and in a few months Microsoft fixed it. That's a first for any console.... changing the system fundamentally after it has been released.

Oh and about the free gold thing, we complained about a week not being long enouigh (it wa soriginally a week, for the release) and they jsut saiud "fine then" and tossed us another four. SO yeah, every X360 gets a startup account and a month before you have to decide whether or not Live is for you.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 02:33:50 PM by RedShift »

Offline MottZilla

• Atoned
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Gaiden IV
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2006, 01:04:18 PM »
Xbox 360 is still young so ofcourse the game library isn't that big yet. But PS3 is THAT far behind. Also, Xbox 360 did fix it's hardware issues that some experienced. I too bought a 360 "second generation" and have had no problems. It's a wonderful system. The only potential drawback to the system was that games are on DVD which in the future might mean games requiring disc swapping but that would probably be rather uncommon and I doubt it'd be inconvient like some people claim. Esspecially when they are the Sony fans, which was the king of disc swapping games.
Ninja Gaiden IV:
Homepage

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  Xbox 360 or a PS3 for me?

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines Page created in 0.196 seconds with 20 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx