gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
484576 Posts in 28410 Topics by 2464 Members - Latest Member: austinrobert January 25, 2020, 09:01:27 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  Xbox 360 or a PS3 for me?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Xbox 360 or a PS3 for me?  (Read 7519 times)

Offline Seronei

• Blinded By Fear
  • Executive
  • I want to take it home~!
    • View Profile
Xbox 360 or a PS3 for me?
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2006, 06:58:51 AM »
I would buy xbox 360 reason i dont want a console that dont fit in my room...
Since PS3 gonna weight 2 tons...

Offline Chibito

• Regimental
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2006, 07:39:01 AM »
I thought Xbox360 is little bigger  than PS3? Well, I think... Agh, I don't know really. I think maybe first the Xbox360, it will be fun for long time, and then start saving. When the PS3's price sounds reasonable you could buy that too, and if you want u could also sell the Xbox360 then...

Or buy Wii...

Offline Deimos

• Accepted
    • View Profile
    • http://www.piczo.com/nookiehouse101
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2006, 07:58:57 AM »
Ok, well, heres the thing, I wouldn't get either :/ Well, yeah, I would want a PS3, see, the Xbox 360 is screwed up, causeit over heats really fast, my friend got one and his got fried within 2 weeks, I would get the new Nintendo Revolutions, but that is just me, I am a old skool nintendo freak
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-
-A liar's ambition-
Praised like a king
Every day in every way, We are getting weaker
-You won't go far, with the life that you're living, Every day in every way, we are getting weaker-

In Flames~Egonomic

LXA Art Awards for banners 1st place
Download LieroX Super Pack 3
AMA Pro. Frontend

-=-=-=-= [NB-AT] =-=-=-=-
Nigga Blasta-Assault Team

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Offline Serge

• Red Ninja
  • Ascended
  • Red Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2006, 02:04:12 PM »
Look at the game linup for both systems, Arms, then choose. A system can kick ass on the inside, but if there aren't any good games for it, what's the point?

^ Thank you Lady Ry'en ^_^

Offline Eliwood

• Atoned
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2006, 09:19:44 PM »
Quote from: Lassie
The only thing I would note about the abilities of the PS3 and 360 is this:

Yes, the systems are far more similar than Sony would like anyone to think, but Sony has had a VERY good track record of getting every ounce of their system's power out, something Microsoft and Nintendo haven't been the best at. The hardware may not be that much more powerful, but history says that we may see better things (graphically) come out of it.

Are you kidding me? Nintendo takes the cake (for its handhelds) when it comes to squeezing the maximum power out of very little hardware. It's more impressive to pull off a full 3D engine with the GBA's puny 16.67 MHz ARM7 processor than it is to pull off what we're seeing with the 300 MHz MIPS processor that the PS2 has don't you think?

Offline ZoRo

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/downtownbugs
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2006, 01:08:29 AM »
personally, i like xbox 360 more than ps3..

Offline Light$ephIr

• いらね
  • class{}( struct{}() struct { int i; }(0)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2006, 01:03:49 PM »
Quote from: Dflies
Well..
PS3 will have better stuff inside that XBOX 360. So if you want very realistic looking games, you should buy PS3. But Xbox 360 is very good, too. Maybe you should check the games you like, and buy the one who has better version of them.

Nothing to do. PS3 is too much hype for too little promises. However since the resources and frameworks needed to develop for the PS3 will be cheaper and faster, the games for it will be way easier and cheaper to be released and that may mean that there will be more games out for PS3 than for X-box.
Anyway, the power of the consoles will be most likely to be the same. X-box by the way might even win the graphics power wars (thats why by the way, X-box has it's own data processing architeture and requires also non-standart resources, larger disk sizes, etc for the same work someone would do on PS3). Comparing X-box and PS3 is like to compare DirectX to OpenGL. The power is almost the same but well...You get the idea.

You shouldnt buy the console for graphics power by the way. Both will bring beautiful games. Altho I think the PS3 will be worse than X-box (yeah and I get sum info from Sony indeed) I think I should buy it rather than the X-box simply because I like Play Station's games. It is a tradition for me. And add the fact that Microsoft is always using non-standart solutions which makes harder for developers to make games and this, as I said previously, may mean that there will be more games available for the PS3 than for the X-box for that matter.

My humble oppinion of course is based in many analysis of many facts but of course there might be the other oppinions. Anyways, the quote "If you want realistic stuff, buy PS3" is completely wrong. Both will bring realistic entertainment.
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
----------
[1][2][3][4]
This space is for rent.
----------
[α][β][Ω] - Legend
tAC [|!|||||||||]
Choho [|!|||||||||]

Offline Armageddon

• Vile Reaper
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2006, 05:01:02 AM »
I was watching a press confference for PS3, and it seems like it's more powerful then the Xbox 360. The only problem is the PS3 is gonna be soooooo much money on release.
GU Dictionary: o.o {emoticon} ; used to mean many things ;1 a greeting ;2 an exclamation of surprise ;3 an exclamation of shock ;4 to exhibit confusion ex \\\\\\\"what the *****!?\\\\\\\" ;5 can be used for many things for which no one has the words to describe.

Offline Starwarsisgreat

• Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2006, 06:31:29 AM »
Hmm, I'm not sure you really need any better graphics that 360's packing.  Have you guys played Oblivion?  It's amazing.  I think if I were to buy a system I'd go with xbox, just for the fact that I liked xbox's games more than PS2's.

Also controllerwise, I've never liked the PS controllers, and since the ginormous xbox controller stopped coming standard, xbox controllers have been outstanding.  And the 360 wireless controllers are (IMO) the most comfortable controllers I've played on (other than a keyboard of course).
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 06:39:44 AM by Starwarsisgreat »
There's only one thing in the world I want and that is CrisisJawa.
CrisisJawa - You see this name, you think dirty.
-~Favorite~-

-~Current~-

May 2006 Art Awards
1st Place: Theme
3rd Place: Banner

Offline ZoRo

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/downtownbugs
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2006, 01:24:36 AM »
dont buy ps3 becose its much more powerfull, that dosent ake good games.
but if u want play Final fantasys buy ps3 :D

Offline MojoBob

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2006, 02:56:40 AM »
Quote from: Armageddon
I was watching a press confference for PS3, and it seems like it's more powerful then the Xbox 360. The only problem is the PS3 is gonna be soooooo much money on release.
It might seem like it is more powerful but it isn't. That is just why sony employs slick talking marketing types to do all of their PR.
Even this year a lot of the videos sony showed were pre-rendered the only one that wasn't at all pre-rendered was Metal Gear, which Kojima said could be done on Xbox360 had sony not bought the rights to it.
Personally I have a 360 despite hating the original Xbox. Its a reliable system, there is a decent lineup of games (original content instead of endless sequels) and the live service is excellent. PS3 will cost $600+ unless you want the cheaper and crippled version for $499...I can't believe that as well as reducing the HD size, they cut out a loud of hardware features like memory card reading and 1080 HD support.

Offline RedShift

• Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2006, 11:55:06 AM »
Updates from E3 I can remember off the top of my head:

Capcom and Konami (sega hooray!) have joines Microsoft, so we'll be seeing galaga, pacman, dig-dug, sonic, streetfighter... all their vaulted classics on live now for about 6 bucks each. This is a big deal, because you know how it is to not always have 60$ floating around for a new games. Also, these titles will be exlusive to the X360's market (if you read the agreement details, in the fine print). As well as 4 other new x360 live games from misc publishers.

They are adding an HD-DVD player that plugs into the x360, because those are becoming a popular movie format and all.

They are adding a camera for custom gamer-pics and video based communication (you casn choose to turn of custom gamerpics for children's profiles, becase there are perverts in the world)

a new wave of games oif course- by this xmas we'll have like 80 "next-gen" games.

when windows Vista comes out Janruary 2006 XBL will be on your desktop, cell phone, and any other microsoft based computer, and all your games will be available as well as your gamertag and all the normal communication functions- and here's the hitter- for the first time ever, a console gamer will be able to play in the same game as a PC user with no compatability problems! Click and go, simple as that.

GTA 4 is coming out for X360 months before PS3 and will have custom episode add-ons available at market for 6-12$ that is exlusive to X360...

there's so much more. I'll continue when I get home.

Offline Eliwood

• Atoned
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2006, 12:31:44 PM »
Quote from: MojoBob
I can't believe that as well as reducing the HD size, they cut out a loud of hardware features like memory card reading and 1080 HD support.

Most importantly, they cut out the online support on the $499 edition and it's unupgradeable. Who in their right mind will get that version? There's not much logic behind it. People who fork over $500 for a system aren't going to be the people with no internet connection or dial-up. :/

Offline RedShift

• Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2006, 06:07:49 PM »
Quote from: Eliwood
Most importantly, they cut out the online support on the $499 edition and it's unupgradeable. Who in their right mind will get that version? There's not much logic behind it. People who fork over $500 for a system aren't going to be the people with no internet connection or dial-up. :/

Yes, and don't forget how bad Live was when it started. PS3 online service has not been officially said to support actual multi-play for the free service. Considering you'll be paying monthly for something that isn't established well yet....

we'll see how their online service turns out and climb that mountain when we reach it. As it is the Live service is... great.

Offline Eliwood

• Atoned
    • View Profile
Sony's lying?
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2006, 08:41:40 PM »
We all know that Sony dropped the support for Rumble/force feedback in its controller, and the official reason being that it interfered with the motion sensing.

Well, while I was making my purchase of the New SMB today, my eye caught on to something peculiar in the PS2 accessories section. Lo and behold, it was a third party controller with motion sensing capabilities and rumbling capability (by Intec I think), sitting on store shelves months before the PS3 is out. How can Sony lie when there are superior third party solutions already purchasable? This is pretty inexusable if you ask me. It might have something to do with their lawsuit with Immersion, and if that's the case, Sony's going to get itself bitten twice over it.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 08:53:12 PM by Jon »

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  Xbox 360 or a PS3 for me?

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines Page created in 0.123 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx