gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
484576 Posts in 28410 Topics by 2464 Members - Latest Member: austinrobert January 25, 2020, 08:59:14 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  Xbox 360 or a PS3 for me?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Xbox 360 or a PS3 for me?  (Read 7518 times)

Offline Armageddon

• Vile Reaper
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
Xbox 360 or a PS3 for me?
« on: May 04, 2006, 02:51:14 AM »
I know Xbox 360 will lower it's price at the launch of the PS3, meaning the PS3 will be like 4-500 bucks and the Xbox 360 will slip to 249.99. So I am wondering if I should buy an Xbox 360 then or do you guys think the PS3 will be way more worth the cash?
GU Dictionary: o.o {emoticon} ; used to mean many things ;1 a greeting ;2 an exclamation of surprise ;3 an exclamation of shock ;4 to exhibit confusion ex \\\\\\\"what the *****!?\\\\\\\" ;5 can be used for many things for which no one has the words to describe.

Offline Davers

• Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 03:23:19 AM »
Well, my preference would be to go for the lower price. In the end, I think the PS3 will be more worth it but you will probably have to wait longer if you want them to drop their price below $300. Buy a 360 and then when the PS3 comes down, sell the xbox for some extra cash and buy the playstation. At least that's an idea.

Offline Dflies

• moo
  • Executive
  • Lo :--)
    • View Profile
    • Fisle's
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 07:09:05 AM »
Well..
PS3 will have better stuff inside that XBOX 360. So if you want very realistic looking games, you should buy PS3. But Xbox 360 is very good, too. Maybe you should check the games you like, and buy the one who has better version of them.

Offline Yondaime

• Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 11:38:42 AM »
As far as realism goes it seems like they will both do an excellent job. But no one wants realistic games that suck, so go for what interests you more and fits your budget at the same time.
Yondaime

Team 7

Support Uzumaki Naruto. Support Hokage Village. Started by our very own Gallant Samurai.

Offline Eliwood

• Atoned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006, 11:39:55 AM »
I think you should wait and see the games that come out and to see what actualy fits your tastes and preferences better. We can argue all day about trivial things like which has more horsepower (the PS3 does), but at the end of the day, if you aren't getting as many games that you like, no amount of horsepower will matter at all.

Offline Aliem

• Ț̼͍̩̹̥̞̩̖͝ ̺̰̟͝s̸҉̜̜̘̥̥̤̬͓͔̰͔̩ͅ ̴̡̭̪͍͇̕c̦̀̀͡ͅ&
  • Advisor
  • Messiah
  • Oh hai Mark
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2006, 04:48:50 PM »
I'd go with games.  Though Hironobou Sakacuchi (the father of Final Fantasy) has a new company...  Mistwalker, I think...  and he's producing for the 360.  I dunno if his games will reach the PS3 or not.  Alternatively, Playstation has always had a very wide array of games.

In the end, I say see which has games more suited for you.

Offline I_am_Torgo

• Regimental
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2006, 05:09:43 PM »
For me, personally, the only thing that would/will make me consider a PS3 is Dynasty Warriors.  Sure, a few iterations have been released on X-box, but the series is mainly a PlayStation series.

Unfortunately, with the possible exception of Mega Man, Dynasty Warriors is the biggest trump card a console can hold on me.

Other then that, though, I myself might indeed consider an X-box 360.  It'll be cheaper, and it's got some excellent looking games.  If you're lookin' to play online, then I would definately go with the 360.  Microsoft has put together an awesome system in X-box Live, way better then Sony or Nintendo has put out thus far.

Offline Eliwood

• Atoned
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2006, 05:46:46 PM »
Quote from: I_am_Torgo
Microsoft has put together an awesome system in X-box Live, way better then Sony or Nintendo has put out thus far.

I don't know how you can make a statement like that when nobody's even seen or heard of the interface or system that Nintendo or Sony will be putting out. MS' system is good, but that doesn't discount what the other 2 have in the works. All you could say is that XBox Live is better than what Sony had in the last generation, and that isn't saying a whole lot.

Offline Lassie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2006, 06:39:31 PM »
If you're planning to get one of them right at the PS3's launch, I would be willing to bet the 360 would be the better choice at that moment.  It's hardware bugs will have been largely admended, it'll have a much larger library of gamea available (unless you consider the PS3's backwards compatibility, but you get my point), and it'll be cheaper.

In the long run though, it should always come down to the games.  We don't have an idea yet what the PS3'll be packing on launch day, but I have a feeling that'll be public knowledge within a week or so.  In short, it's too close to call yet.

Offline ReddPuke

• I Say!
  • Scholar
  • Don't eat me, I'm Freshhhhning!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2006, 04:34:26 AM »
as already told, you can better wait until the PS3 is out, because then you will know what concole will be better for you.
and altough Xbox-live sounds great, but for aloto of upgrates and demo's or patches you will have to pay.

I would wait until the price of the PS3 has dropped and then buy a pack whit some games inclueded. And I rather buy a PS3, because then I still can play my P2-games if my PS2 doesn't work anymore.
I'm Just Passing By!

Offline I_am_Torgo

• Regimental
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2006, 09:26:53 AM »
Quote from: Eliwood
I don't know how you can make a statement like that when nobody's even seen or heard of the interface or system that Nintendo or Sony will be putting out. MS' system is good, but that doesn't discount what the other 2 have in the works. All you could say is that XBox Live is better than what Sony had in the last generation, and that isn't saying a whole lot.

You'll note that I said 'Thus far', leaving it totally open to upcoming announcements. :linksweat

Besides, it's not like I'm comparing new generation's systems to the old.  X-box Live has been around for years now, so I really don't think my comparasion is unjustified or unfair.

Sony is planning on developing an online service, by the way.  Quite frankly, however, given Sony's penchant for over-hyping and lack of experience in this area thus far, I highly doubt it will match Microsoft, veritable masters in the area of centralized systems and networking information.  At least in the upcoming generation.

As for Nintendo... well, they've hit some bumps with the DS as is.  We can only hope they'll rectify them with the Wii.  The main thing it's online service has got going for it is the Virtual Console Service (which in and of itself has sold the system for me personally).  Besides, if one is pickin' up a Wii because of it's online capabilities (again barring the Virtual Console Service), I really think they're kinda missing the point.

Offline RedShift

• Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2006, 04:34:22 PM »
Quote from: Armageddon
I know Xbox 360 will lower it's price at the launch of the PS3, meaning the PS3 will be like 4-500 bucks and the Xbox 360 will slip to 249.99. So I am wondering if I should buy an Xbox 360 then or do you guys think the PS3 will be way more worth the cash?

Evaluation of my 360 so far:

Reliability-
The 360 has basically all it's problems resolved now. The original launch had minor heat problems and disc reading problems, but a new DVD drive helped alot. Early 2007 they are going to update again with more heat-efficient CPU's, so basically any 360 bought from now out should be OK. Bought mine february (it has the new drive) and it's fine. No problems at all. Just to point ot that the often-accused problems are often blow out of proportions, nobody in my high school who bought one has had any problem so far.

Live-
The live service is incredible. You get demos of all the upcoming games, fre trials for every arcade game, music videos and monthly artist contests, patches to your games to fix bugs, backwards compatability- and that's the free stuff. With gold you get to play the games too, and $60 a year is not bad at all IMO. $5 a month for a fully functional lag-free gaming environment with thousands of other players at your fingertips instantly with no compatability problems is a darn good deal.

Games-
OBLIVION is enough of a reason to buy the system on it's own. sixteen square miles, 200 dungeouns, thousands of adversaries and sharp sword with smoothly intergrated voice acting on all storylines (over 400 quests!!!) makes Oblivion a behemouth of RPG power. PDZ/COD2/FPS's :) Come on, you know you'll get the best FPS's there are with this console too! Halo3, Prey (in development before HL2... that's what 7 years?) Unreal 2007, and now Valve is jumping on the bandwagon! SiN episodes and HL2:EP1!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 04:42:49 PM by RedShift »

Offline Phantom

• Executive
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2006, 12:24:04 PM »
People need to get the facts straight. In terms of the 360 vs PS3 performance wise, they are about even. It is such a minor difference that arguing over which system performs better is pointless.

Offline Aliem

• Ț̼͍̩̹̥̞̩̖͝ ̺̰̟͝s̸҉̜̜̘̥̥̤̬͓͔̰͔̩ͅ ̴̡̭̪͍͇̕c̦̀̀͡ͅ&
  • Advisor
  • Messiah
  • Oh hai Mark
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2006, 04:18:40 PM »
Yeah, from what I've heard of the Live serivce, I've been strongly considering getting a 360.  Of course, since I haven't got any cash to spend on such things, I'll have to wait :p

Quote from: Phantom
People need to get the facts straight. In terms of the 360 vs PS3 performance wise, they are about even. It is such a minor difference that arguing over which system performs better is pointless.
Amen.

Offline Lassie

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2006, 09:58:28 PM »
The only thing I would note about the abilities of the PS3 and 360 is this:

Yes, the systems are far more similar than Sony would like anyone to think, but Sony has had a VERY good track record of getting every ounce of their system's power out, something Microsoft and Nintendo haven't been the best at. The hardware may not be that much more powerful, but history says that we may see better things (graphically) come out of it.

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  Xbox 360 or a PS3 for me?

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines Page created in 0.167 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx