gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
484586 Posts in 28410 Topics by 2464 Members - Latest Member: austinrobert July 07, 2020, 07:50:50 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  Shadow the Hedgehog
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Shadow the Hedgehog  (Read 1655 times)

Offline Eliwood

• Atoned
    • View Profile
Shadow the Hedgehog
« on: November 17, 2005, 10:25:31 PM »
Unless you an ultra diehard Sonic fan, I would highly recommend NOT getting this game. If I could sum it up in a sentence or two, it's a sloppily put together Sonic Adventure with guns. The graphics are completely outdated by now since they were recycled straight from the Dreamcast (environments have muddy textures and the levels are blocky), the gameplay is just an utter mess (and even has bugs :eek: ). This game has received abysmal reviews (sub 5/10 range) for these reasons. I can't believe that this is the same team that delivered the same great games we idolized 10 years ago. If Mario could successfully make the move to 3D, why can't Sonic?

Save your $50 for something else like a good PC game instead. There are so many other great games out there right now that you'd be wasting your precious time and money on this poorly made rehash.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 10:32:07 PM by Jon »

Offline Seth

• Executive
    • View Profile
Shadow the Hedgehog
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 10:29:04 PM »
Yeah I've heard the same thing Eliwood. Graphics are not always a key issue for me, but when they a sloppy job editting out all of the bugs, that tells me something about how much work was put into the game.
Mongi Tank Demo Video
Yes I know the UI sucks, just wanna get it stable first.

If you have any ideas or suggestions for items you want to see, shoot me a PM. Accepting donations of .x or .3ds models for maps and other tanks (You will be given acknowledgment in the credits).

Offline Goteth

• Ascended
  • Rogue who likes to Stabby stab ';,,;'
    • View Profile
Shadow the Hedgehog
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2005, 01:39:40 AM »
Ouch. I though this game would be good...apparently not it seems...thanks for the heads-up, Eliwood. :)

Offline Overlord

• Demon Eye
  • Founder
  • Messiah
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thegaminguniverse.com
Shadow the Hedgehog
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2005, 02:15:18 AM »
I haven't played a Sonic game since SA on the Dreamcast, and while it was ok, it was too messy for me in storyline, like they tried to do sonic rpg style, I would have preferred a mario 64 esque style, with a simple 1 playable character (Sonic) and a central area with levels off of it and schievable goals in eahc level, instead of many characters, sprawled level access, and boring levels.

So since that I've not been eager to get any Sonic games. Doesn't surprise me that this one has low reviews really. They are trying far too hard with sonic, they need to go back to basics and just let it flow. Perhaps the PS3 Sonic will do that? who knows.
[email protected]
-- Retired Head Administrator --
- Advisor -

Offline Raysyde

• Raysyde Productions
  • Global Moderator
  • Ascended
  • Rayuen Mettarze
    • View Profile
    • Raysyde Productions
Shadow the Hedgehog
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2005, 10:55:18 AM »
I have't played a 3d sonic game since SA, they forgot what make the sonic games great, huge levels, multiple paths, secrets, good music, good gameplayand speed. Ii think they think Speed and graphics are enough, wrong!

Offline Aliem

• Ț̼͍̩̹̥̞̩̖͝ ̺̰̟͝s̸҉̜̜̘̥̥̤̬͓͔̰͔̩ͅ ̴̡̭̪͍͇̕c̦̀̀͡ͅ&
  • Advisor
  • Messiah
  • Oh hai Mark
    • View Profile
Shadow the Hedgehog
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2005, 02:43:02 PM »
Sonic, in my opinion, died with the Genesis.

Offline Seth

• Executive
    • View Profile
Shadow the Hedgehog
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2005, 04:31:45 PM »
Quote from: Eric
Yeah, Sonic was a Sega game. When Sega quit making systems, I love all future hope for a good Sonic game.
Mongi Tank Demo Video
Yes I know the UI sucks, just wanna get it stable first.

If you have any ideas or suggestions for items you want to see, shoot me a PM. Accepting donations of .x or .3ds models for maps and other tanks (You will be given acknowledgment in the credits).

Offline Goteth

• Ascended
  • Rogue who likes to Stabby stab ';,,;'
    • View Profile
Shadow the Hedgehog
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2005, 04:41:15 PM »

Indeed...What happened to the love of old school? :(

Seems just about all the big companies are starting to fall in terms of quality gaming...but that's just me...

The old Sonic games we're the best...

Offline Kixxe

• View Profile
Shadow the Hedgehog
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2005, 01:48:52 PM »
Meh, i LOVED SA2:B. Have spent MANY hours just sitting around trying to get emblems and caring for my chaos... And the 3 diffrent gameplay styles where qwite fun all of em, Even if the Eggman/tails reqwired VERY litthe skill of any kind.

Oh, and Sonic is harder then mario because of the speed. Mario dosen't have to be fast, it can be regular plattforming on the spot. Sonic is more speed witch is difficult to keep up with in a 3D game trying to simluate Sonic's full speed. I remebear fealing in the beggining of SA2:B that sonic and shadow did'nt run at "super sonic speeds".

Offline Legendary MMSX

• Executive
    • View Profile
Shadow the Hedgehog
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2005, 03:05:41 PM »

What about the Sonic Advance games?  THey were pretty good.

Damn, I was really hoping that they could pull this off, but I geuss they deissapoint yet again.  I honestly think that if they want to vcontinue making Sonic games, taht they should pass it to a better company.  They no longer have the ability to pull them off.
:dpoldman <--- Bring back the old man! hehe
Also known as Legendary Hoamaru
Want to watch recorded video game(Mostly Mugen) videos? Click here

Offline Eliwood

• Atoned
    • View Profile
Shadow the Hedgehog
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2005, 04:07:48 PM »
The Advance games were so-so. 2D, but they IMO didn't recapture the magic of the original for one reason or another. Sonic Rush, the DS installation actually comes closer to the original Genesis games from what I've heard.

Quote from: kixxe
Sonic is more speed witch is difficult to keep up with in a 3D game trying to simluate Sonic's full speed.

Which is why the Adventure series as a whole doesn't match up the Genesis games. Some games are  just inherently better in 2D, and there's nothing wrong with that. Both are mediums of presentation, and they both have their upsides and downsides. I don't see 2D as being an "obsolete" medium but rather an alternative medium.

Offline Phoenix Gamma

• Royalty
    • View Profile
Shadow the Hedgehog
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2005, 04:59:53 PM »
LOL guys, this must be bad, cause Eliwood says so, and usually Eli likes all the games he buys (he's a smart buyer)

Offline Davers

• Overseer
    • View Profile
Shadow the Hedgehog
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2005, 12:03:06 AM »
Glad you posted this topic. I was going to buy the game for my brother for Christmas because it sounded good. Too bad it was a flop.
I completely agree with this. Even though I never did get to play them much on the Genesis, I had the same games for the computer and I played them all the time! When it moved to 3D I simply quit playing them because I had felt they lost their touch.

Offline Phoenix Gamma

• Royalty
    • View Profile
Shadow the Hedgehog
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2005, 05:49:54 AM »
Woah now. Sonic lives man. Buy Sonic Rush, THEN tell me he's dead.

Offline Zeo

• Angel of Vengence
  • Founder
  • Chaos Angel
    • View Profile
Shadow the Hedgehog
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2005, 12:29:04 PM »
I knida liked sonic advente, sonc adventure 2, and Heros...

Shadow sounds abd though..........I'l wit forit to end pup inth e abrgin bin.
All cats have an attitude problem, just most have figured out humans are better at the game.

Truthful words are not beautiful; beautiful words are not truthful. Good words are not persuasive; persuasive words are not good.
Lao Tzu

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  Shadow the Hedgehog

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines Page created in 0.241 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx