gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
484586 Posts in 28410 Topics by 2463 Members - Latest Member: austinrobert August 12, 2020, 04:30:17 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  General Chit Chat  |  Tips for working on ANYTHING
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Tips for working on ANYTHING  (Read 2227 times)

Offline Emaleth

• View Profile
    • http://www.dreunoctem.com/
Tips for working on ANYTHING
« on: March 25, 2002, 04:00:40 PM »
Quote (Zeo @ Mar. 25 2002,11:38)
4. When it is less then 10 mintues before quitting time, DO NOT start any more projects, or you WILL be working overtime, usaully unpaid.

5. If your working on (or even using) a Computers, do not sit in one of those comfy wheeled chairs, these build static electricity and cuase severe, intermittent, hard to trace damage.[/quote]
Erm.. guilty of the 4th one numerous times.

And have been there, done that with the 5th.  I am an electro-magnet at my other job, I have to de-zap myself before I sit down at the desk, run the printer, microwave, basically anything electronic.  I have done it so much that I have even caught myself at home doing the same thing...

And I think I am covered with the straight & phillips head screwdrivers.... I have every size you can imagine, but of course whilst digging in the 'tool drawer'., always seem to pull out the wrong size first. I even have tools in there that I don't know why I had even bought them... never used.

EDIT: Darn typos...

Offline Zeo

• Angel of Vengence
  • Founder
  • Chaos Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2002, 06:45:59 AM »
9. is becuase of one guys stupid dog in the machine shop, not a good thing.

and for those that can't read number 7, it says

"Please do not use magnetic screwdrivers on hard drives."
All cats have an attitude problem, just most have figured out humans are better at the game.

Truthful words are not beautiful; beautiful words are not truthful. Good words are not persuasive; persuasive words are not good.
Lao Tzu

Offline Zeo

• Angel of Vengence
  • Founder
  • Chaos Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2002, 11:38:00 AM »
When repiaring anything that can even slightly be called mechincal.

1. Your best friends are Mr. Striaght ScrewDriver, and Mr. Phllips ScrewDriver, both standard size.  Never start a project with out them, by time its over, you'll have used them.

2. If you DON'T have the right tool, and you KNOW you can't get the right tool, use the wrong tool and don't worry anbout it, makes life easier..

3.When using wrenches as substitue Hammers, please do not bang the  end on the object, use the one side of the middle instead.  This prevents the ears of the wrench from becoming bent inward, you can use a wrench with the center bent, you CANNOT use a wrench that is no longer a standard metric/imperial size.

4. When it is less then 10 mintues before quitting time, DO NOT start any more projects, or you WILL be working overtime, usaully unpaid.

5. If your working on (or even using) a Computers, do not sit in one of those comfy wheeled chairs, these build static electricity and cuase severe, intermittent, hard to trace damage.

6. When working on a car, NEVER start the car while some one else is working on it, this can cuase bodily injury at least via the Homer Simpson "D'OH!!!"[/i] method of jumping and hitting one's head on the hood.  On a more severe note, it can also result in loss of limbs.

7. ePlsae od nto sue mgaenitc csrwerdvires no ahdr rdvise.

8. Please use Forcner, or other tapered screw drivers, when working with brass/bronze screws, screws like being stripped just about as much as you do.

9 NEVER have an animal in the shop.

10. Do not put the jumpers I spent all day sorting out of the extra screw bins back into the extra screw bins if you want to keep your job.  

------------------------------------------------------------

NO I did not Find this, I did make it up by myself, any resmblence to things you may have seen before are from memory, Thank you.

All cats have an attitude problem, just most have figured out humans are better at the game.

Truthful words are not beautiful; beautiful words are not truthful. Good words are not persuasive; persuasive words are not good.
Lao Tzu

Offline Overlord

• Demon Eye
  • Founder
  • Messiah
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thegaminguniverse.com
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2002, 09:02:55 PM »
lol

well I can relate to a number of those, luckily I don't have a job to lose over it :D
[email protected]
-- Retired Head Administrator --
- Advisor -

Offline Emaleth

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2002, 07:17:49 AM »
LOL, Magnetic Screwdrivers, that's a given and basic common sense!  Although if that particular person didn't know it was magnetic?  Oh no, you didn't do that did you Zeo?  Not good...

Offline slothman

• Regimental
    • View Profile
    • http://home.rochester.rr.com/pjackso2/
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2002, 12:55:22 PM »
8. Please use Forcner, or other tapered screw drivers, when working with brass/bronze screws, screws like being stripped just about as much as you do.
[/quote]
I might like getting stripped. It just depends on whos doing it. A security officer or a lady friend.
I'm not an actor, but I play one on TV.
A civilization isn't conquered from without until it's destroyed from within.
YASR = Yet Another Simpsons Reference
:D = :biggrin: because it is quicker to type.

Offline slothman

• Regimental
    • View Profile
    • http://home.rochester.rr.com/pjackso2/
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2002, 11:41:02 PM »
I like to call the screw drivers "plus" and "minus". Plus, no pun intended, you can add the "times" screwdriver which has 6 points and the "divided by" version which is a square. I'm just waiting to find an "exponent" screwdriver.
I'm not an actor, but I play one on TV.
A civilization isn't conquered from without until it's destroyed from within.
YASR = Yet Another Simpsons Reference
:D = :biggrin: because it is quicker to type.

Offline Golden Warrior

• ~GW~
  • Advisor
  • Chaos Angel
  • /Empire/Vector
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2002, 02:10:06 PM »
2. If you DON'T have the right tool, and you KNOW you can't get the right tool, use the wrong tool and don't worry about it, makes life easier..
[/quote]

http://www.forums.thegaminguniverse.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laughing.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':laughing:'>  It sure does especially if you aren't expecting the thing you're working on to be savagable afterwards.
DDOEQ2
Argonnessen ServerCrushbone Server
Gustal Dymlos Human Fighter LV2Quaxialaem - Dark Elf Necromancer LV27
Woth Half-Orc Barbarian LV1Afuwkoac - Freeblood Shadowknight LV26
Kathanos Half-Elf Monk LV1 / Sorcerer LV1Zeekort - Troll Paladin LV52
ILomer - Human Gaurdian LV20
Ruliach - Fae Warden LV20
Naebiya - Wood Elf Beastlord LV29

The tediousness of paperwork makes my eyes burn and head hurt. Yet it is a necessary evil we all share. I like swords. Swords are simple. They aren't confusing or evil. Just straight forward implements of death. Have a nice day. ~GW

I like swords ~Fighter, 8-Bit Theater

Offline Emaleth

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2002, 02:59:59 AM »
LOL Slothman

I think I got an answer for your "exponent" screwdriver... that is the one that you use when something unexpected breaks down and you grab the first tool you see in blind anger and use it whether it's made for it or not since 9 times out of 10 you can't be bothered with going back and finding the right size...

Funny how determined a person can get with a huge phillips that has an excellent point on it for those teeny phillips head screws...

EDIT:  Oh, lol, was wanting to ask about number 9...

Offline Zeo

• Angel of Vengence
  • Founder
  • Chaos Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2002, 09:00:38 AM »
Actaully I've been doing so for quite a while and never had a problem, becuse I'm not stupid enough to touch the screwdriver to the HD.  However, one guy ruined one by throwing it in the tool bin, with all the magnetic screw drivers.

I only was taking rails off the hardrives, the screwsfor that  aren't near anything important, but I wouldn't use them if I was dissassemblying the unit itself..............

Lao Tzu

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  General Chit Chat  |  Tips for working on ANYTHING

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines Page created in 0.158 seconds with 20 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx