gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
484586 Posts in 28410 Topics by 2463 Members - Latest Member: austinrobert August 06, 2020, 02:45:55 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  Zelda: The Twilight Princess
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Zelda: The Twilight Princess  (Read 30301 times)

Offline KingOfHumans

• Messiah
    • View Profile
Zelda: The Twilight Princess - Developments
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2005, 05:26:22 PM »
I'm downloading it and it's halfway done. Oviously there is no title yet so if that's true there will be another trailor once it finishes or close to being done. I'll reply or edit this post after I see it.

edit: Cool!
I loved those new effects that are in this zelda game. There's actual an evil goron.. that will be interesting. I also wonder if that wolf at the end will be when the sun sets in it.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2005, 07:02:03 PM by KingOfHeart »

Offline Phoenix Gamma

• Royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2005, 06:58:11 PM »
http://streamingmovies.ign.com/cube/article/594/594978/thelegendofzeldanew_wmvlow.wmv?wu=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.gameboy.ign.com%2Fdownload.html%3Fmu%3D%3CURL%2F%3E

That's a high res video from IGN

I used to be REALLY worried about Nintendo. I can now see that Nintendo will be just fine. They seemed to bring back every zelda monster, but they kept the oldschool-ness.

In conclusion: JAW. HIT. FLOOR. THUD.

Offline Overlord

• Demon Eye
  • Founder
  • Messiah
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thegaminguniverse.com
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2005, 07:09:30 PM »
Most impressive.... I'm awed by the water effects o.o so far the best water/swimming i've seen has been Mario Sunshine and that clip of link swimming even outdoes that, it looks like a cinema scene from Square..

I think we have a posible new number 1 zelda game.. I just hope there's a LOT of dungeons like OOT
[email protected]
-- Retired Head Administrator --
- Advisor -

Offline Aliem

• Ț̼͍̩̹̥̞̩̖͝ ̺̰̟͝s̸҉̜̜̘̥̥̤̬͓͔̰͔̩ͅ ̴̡̭̪͍͇̕c̦̀̀͡ͅ&
  • Advisor
  • Messiah
  • Oh hai Mark
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2005, 07:18:36 PM »
This better live up to LttP in terms of dungeons...  i.e, 10+.

But you say the graphics look like a CG from Square?!  That seems really hard to believe, therefore I MUST SEE IT!! =p

*runs like a fool to the download link*

Offline MojoBob

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2005, 05:06:20 AM »
I'll add that the forest scenes with the big creature are similar to what the japanese director Miyazaki produces (like Princess Mononoke in particular)
Remember that the game will be playable at E3, so the title will probably be announced then. I think this video was meant to be a teaser to get people hyped up between now and may.
I can't wait ;)

Offline MasterOfHyrule

• I am the King!
  • GU Reporter
  • Redeemed
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Videos
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2005, 04:33:38 PM »
I hope it does have a lot of dungeons.  That game looks so amazing.  Those ghosts look creepy :scared:  I really want this game.  Looks like the best Zelda game ever.

Offline Phoenix Gamma

• Royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2005, 04:53:58 PM »
I'm expecting a lot from this game:

10+ dungeons
damn good story
better and bigger hyrule (without having the walls...er....trees dividing each section)
good combat
Zelda
Ganon
NO ITEM GIMMIK OF CRAPPINESS (ie ocarina of time, masks, wind waker, etc.)
better swimming (judging from the demo, that won't happen. I rather hated OoT/MM's swimming, and WW's swimming was a joke)
More Myamoto(sp?) involvement(he seems to work less on the zelda games, or I just hear less about him)

Offline MojoBob

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2005, 07:29:14 AM »
Quote from: Pheonix Gamma
NO ITEM GIMMIK OF CRAPPINESS (ie ocarina of time, masks, wind waker, etc.)
This is part of what Zelda is, so you should pretty much expect it to happen. Ever since Lttp, Zelda games have had a gimmick item as you put it (remember that LttP had the mirror and LA had the ocarina aswell).

Hype is the biggest problem with any game in development...if you go in with the highest expectations, you aren't suprised when what you want IS there, only dismayed when it ISN'T. Go in with an open mind ;)
Apparently Reggie has confirmed that there will be a "premium edition" of the game though its uncertain what that really means.

Offline Phoenix Gamma

• Royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2005, 01:00:20 PM »
Quote from: MojoBob
This is part of what Zelda is, so you should pretty much expect it to happen. Ever since Lttp, Zelda games have had a gimmick item as you put it (remember that LttP had the mirror and LA had the ocarina aswell).

Hype is the biggest problem with any game in development...if you go in with the highest expectations, you aren't suprised when what you want IS there, only dismayed when it ISN'T. Go in with an open mind ;)
Apparently Reggie has confirmed that there will be a "premium edition" of the game though its uncertain what that really means.

I never saw the mirror as a gimmick. It was part of the whole dark world thing, which isn't an item, but a place. LA didn't use the ocarina as much of a gimmick either, as 2 of the 3 songs were optional. It's main gimmick was that it was the first portable Zelda game.

OoT was ther first Zelda game that had an itme you had to use over and over to solve the same puzzle with different variations. Not to mention memorizing the songs was a pain in the ass. MM had 3 main gimmicks-masks, time, and the ocarina (which sorta took a back seat to the other two)

The oracle games had the rod/harp and thier criss crossing stroy. WW has the wind waker and sailing (and the new shading, I suppose, not that anyone was HAPPY about that, cept die-hard fan(boy)s.) The minish cap had the shrinking minish cap.

Next game: The Legend of Zelda: Lampshade of No Particular Usefulness (taken from decline of gaming 1, I know, but it makes a good point)

Offline Davers

• Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2005, 01:33:10 PM »
Looks absolutely awesome!  Or as Napolean Dynamite woud say "Sweet!"  I can't wait any longer for this game!  Must have now!  Must....play....new....Zelda.....game!  Must....play.....

Offline Aliem

• Advisor
  • Messiah
  • Oh hai Mark
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2005, 01:44:09 PM »
the Cel Shading in Wind Waker was one of the coolest light renderings in any game that has ever been created.  The only reason people complained about the graphics was because the models were oddly shaped.  It had nothing to do with the shading at all.

As for the Miyamoto involvement, its already been stated that he and Amoua (sp) are supervising.  The game is being directed by someone new.

Offline MaverickZero

• Regimental
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2005, 01:44:34 PM »
I personally like these gimmick items. They make the game feel fresh because there are new possibilities for lots of things. Would you rather have a hack n slay Zelda game where you simply mow through the dungeons one after another? Um... yea that's actually what Zelda is about when you're not searching for the side thingies like Skulltulas but having an Ocarina for puzzle solving gives you more of the feeling to actually be a part of the Zelda world.
 What would you replace the Ocarina in OOT with?
Best of PS3 Conference (E3 2006)

"Riiiiiiidge Raceeeeer"
"599 US Dollars!"
"Real time ... WEAPON CHANGE"
"Attack its weakpoint for massive damage!"

just watch http://youtube.com/watch?v=IH2w2l1JTs4
and visit http://www.wii60.com

Thank you ;-P

Favorite Ask A Ninja question:
Q "If a ninja falls down in the forest, and no one is around to hear it, does it still make a sound?"
A "If a Ninja does anything anywhere, he doesn't make a sound. And if he does make a sound, it's probably gonna be the last sound you'll ever hear."
 - from Ninja Omnibus

Offline Aliem

• Advisor
  • Messiah
  • Oh hai Mark
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2005, 01:47:28 PM »
Exactly, MZ!  Exactly!  It's those 'gimmicks' that make Zelda great.  If it wasnt for them, Zelda would be the same thing over and over and over again.  They add depth to the games.

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
  • "May the moon light your path..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2005, 02:04:41 PM »
Quote from: Pheonix Gamma
The oracle games had the rod/harp and thier criss crossing stroy. WW has the wind waker and sailing (and the new shading, I suppose, not that anyone was HAPPY about that, cept die-hard fan(boy)s.) The minish cap had the shrinking minish cap.

I don't consider myself a diehard fanboi of Zelda, but I loved the Cel-shaded graphics. Also, avoid using the term "fanboi", PG. That's usually considered to be a negative term, often used to flame someone. Also, Janus hit it on the nose, it was the model structure, not the cel-shading really, that made the game look so different. Screenshots made TWW look bad, I thought I'd never want to play it. However, when I saw the game in motion, I thought, Holy crap, that looks sweet! Cel-shading is a very beautiful way of rending graphics.

As for the trailor, does anyone have something other than a .mov file for it?

Edit: Ah-ha, Ign!

Wow, that was cool. Okay, the part where Link lands his blade into the Spider's body was pretty cool. The effects of enemies getting hit are the same as in Wind Waker. Ooo, the Goron vs. Link, neato and LOL, Ganon's minions ride on giant pigs, eh? [sarcasm] What a surprise! :P [/sarcasm] What a ham that Ganondorf is. Ooooo... Running from the Gohma, very, very cool.

Ah, but still, not even a hint of the storyline... all we know is that it takes place after Wind Waker chronilogically in the series. Whoa, wait, I was reading an article at IGN, it says that Bokoblins appear to be in the game. That's encouraging, even though I didn't see them, but I only saw the trailer once on the other hand. :P I'm going to wait and see what happens before making any expectations.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2005, 02:15:28 PM by Aegis Runestone »
-Aegis Runestone-
Thanks to Galadin at the Dissidia Forums for this Awesome Avatar!
My Library of Fan Stories. Come, read, and enjoy!
My ArchiveOfOurOwn.org Account
"It's better to stand for something than to fall for anything."- Snypa

Learn about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Mormon Messages

Offline MaverickZero

• Regimental
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2005, 02:13:21 PM »
Quote from: Aegis Runestone
As for the trailor, does anyone have something other than a .mov file for it?

Um yep here: http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/action/thelegendofzelda/media.html?gcst=legendofzelda_031005ot2.asx
 The official trailer 2. You can only download it if you have a basic account (free) but without one, I think you should be able to stream it.
Best of PS3 Conference (E3 2006)

"Riiiiiiidge Raceeeeer"
"599 US Dollars!"
"Real time ... WEAPON CHANGE"
"Attack its weakpoint for massive damage!"

just watch http://youtube.com/watch?v=IH2w2l1JTs4
and visit http://www.wii60.com

Thank you ;-P

Favorite Ask A Ninja question:
Q "If a ninja falls down in the forest, and no one is around to hear it, does it still make a sound?"
A "If a Ninja does anything anywhere, he doesn't make a sound. And if he does make a sound, it's probably gonna be the last sound you'll ever hear."
 - from Ninja Omnibus

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  Zelda: The Twilight Princess

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines Page created in 0.24 seconds with 20 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx