gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
484569 Posts in 28409 Topics by 2464 Members - Latest Member: austinrobert December 09, 2019, 08:33:52 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  "LOLOMGHALOPWNSU" Please Die?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: "LOLOMGHALOPWNSU" Please Die?  (Read 556 times)

Offline RedShift

• Scholar
    • View Profile
"LOLOMGHALOPWNSU" Please Die?
« on: August 21, 2005, 12:04:00 PM »
I am tired of people joining my HL2: DM server, and saying that. You can imaging the flurry of chaotic punishment and usually banination in the aftermath of such an event.

I don't think Halo is a bad series. In fact I think it is fun, I played it for a whole night on my birthday. But I don't understand one thing: Why do Halo fanboys have to go out and buy HL2 just so they can join servers and advertize Halo? It's rediculous! I mean, they join and get banned in a snap. What do they possibly gain by doign this??? The terrible think is that it happens every day. 1/30 players is a Halo fanboy in my server. and it's starting to tick me off, so I think I'll start being a ***** too and getting down to the grit on why Halo (the series as a whole) does not in any way defeat Half Life 2.

Give me any reason why Halo 2 or Halo rocks and I will correspond in an appropriate manner on why Half Life 2 Pwns it in said situation.

I'm talking clean, friendly comparison here. No flaming!

Offline Phantom

• Executive
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2005, 12:46:15 PM »
Well I've played HL2: DM several times and that never happened to me. The majority of this forum does not like the FPS genre, and that's alright, people have their tastes. I'm not really fond of the RPG genre (which should be called statistical action because you aren't doing true roleplay).

Halo 1 and Halo PC are great games. When Halo for the Xbox came in, it was so simple yet refined, and that's what made it fun. People might say Halo is overrated, but it's just a game you hate or love. If people are so dull to advertise on HL2 servers, then just boot them and deal with it. Halo 2 compared to Half Life 2, Half Life 2 wins hands down.

Offline RedShift

• Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2005, 07:49:55 AM »
Quote from: Phantom
Well I've played HL2: DM several times and that never happened to me. The majority of this forum does not like the FPS genre, and that's alright, people have their tastes. I'm not really fond of the RPG genre (which should be called statistical action because you aren't doing true roleplay).

Halo 1 and Halo PC are great games. When Halo for the Xbox came in, it was so simple yet refined, and that's what made it fun. People might say Halo is ove      , but it's just a game you      or love. If people are so dull to advertise on HL2 servers, then just boot them and deal with it. Halo 2 compared to Half Life 2, Half Life 2 wins hands down.

It's the fact that nobody does this on Halo servers :( Which, by the way aren't even dedicated 99.9 percent of the time.

I should start abusing my mike in Halo 2. See how they take it, expecially because halo's "streamlined" interface doesn't allow you to kick or ban people. In fact, there is basically no administartion on halo's net service. I could cheat my @ss off and not get banned.

Offline Snypa

• Regimental
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 12:28:02 AM »
This is pretty pointless.

Technically, Half Life 2 is a much more polished game, and I personally find it leaps and bounds over Halo & Halo 2.  However, it comes down to a matter of preference, in which case it doesn't really matter.

Yet stooping down to their level, as in, becoming an idiot, isn't going to solve anything.  Just as Phantom said, boot them and be done with it, or else there'll just be one more moron people will have to deal with.
Please speak softly, for they will hear us
And they'll find out why we don't trust them
Speak up dear cause I cannot hear you
I need to know why we don't trust them

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  "LOLOMGHALOPWNSU" Please Die?

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines Page created in 0.472 seconds with 20 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx