gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
484580 Posts in 28410 Topics by 2464 Members - Latest Member: austinrobert April 02, 2020, 10:13:53 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  General Chit Chat  |  >< ... GAH
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: >< ... GAH  (Read 507 times)

Offline RedShift

• Scholar
    • View Profile
>< ... GAH
« on: August 11, 2005, 12:53:31 PM »
Why do people on these forums sometimes seem to think that the staffers and other dedicated members of GU are obligated to do things for them? It seems like more and more children are raised to believe they are the center of the universe. I'm not going to name anyone to keep it from being a flame thread. I just want to discuss the ever growing mindset of people (kids) on the internet. I try to act in an approprite way, and a good 99% of the time I am sucessful.

If anyone names anyone else in specific, heads up you are asking for it... i'm talking about everywhere on the internet.

Seriously. How can you make demand of other people on the internet, in bold, italicized, underlined, highlighted, or otherwised without any form of grammar, and expect use to think you aren't eight years old? Spelling mistakes (etc.) are one thing, but "omg, lol soz i was loading this and it crashed lol what is worng! i need serius help" .... when will they actually "ask an      " before getting on the internet like all the advertisements say you know?

Offline M-BASS™

• Yikes!
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
>< ... GAH
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 01:18:48 PM »
The whole point is that kids think they need to behave like an adult, while they by far aint. I can think of reasons, but most will eventually come to money, as usual :(

For one: b/c ppl bought a new house, they need to work with both parents to afford it. The effect of that is that the kids are more alone, and need to look after themselves. This way they can do whatever without being corrected by the parents, since they are working. After a while it goes from experimenting to setting certain things as a standard.

Offline Armageddon

• Vile Reaper
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
>< ... GAH
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005, 01:29:57 PM »
When I was younger on the Internet, I always thought it would be cooler if people thought I was in my twenties. I never said I was, God knows when I looked back at some of my posts from old forums, I definitely wasn't fooling anyone. :P
GU Dictionary: o.o {emoticon} ; used to mean many things ;1 a greeting ;2 an exclamation of surprise ;3 an exclamation of shock ;4 to exhibit confusion ex \\\\\\\"what the *****!?\\\\\\\" ;5 can be used for many things for which no one has the words to describe.

Offline Cyclone

• Higher Power
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zcnetwork.net
>< ... GAH
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2005, 01:49:00 PM »
I once joined a voice chat at the age of 19.  People swore I was 30.

I have not forgotten that in 5 years. :)

Cyclone

Sig. image courtesy of Chayy.

Sephiroth: How do I edit the first bullet bill so it's fire rate is less rapid
inori: Well, first you die. Then its fire rate goes down to zero.
Marrshu: No actually it continues firing

GU Award Winner of Best Moderator (early 2004) and Best Global Moderator (rest of 2004).

As a general rule. don't solve puzzles that will open a portal to hell. It will ruin your day.

Offline slothman

• Regimental
    • View Profile
    • http://home.rochester.rr.com/pjackso2/
>< ... GAH
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2005, 03:03:02 PM »
Quote from: RedShift
... It seems like more and more children are raised to believe they are the center of the universe....

Yea, they should stop that. It makes it harder for people who really are the center.
I usually am thought of as younger. Once I got carded for ginger ale. I sometimes act childish but I can act "grown up" as well.
No one's perfect.
[size=-5]Well except me but I don't want to make anyone feel bad :D[/size]
I'm not an actor, but I play one on TV.
A civilization isn't conquered from without until it's destroyed from within.
YASR = Yet Another Simpsons Reference
:D = :biggrin: because it is quicker to type.

Offline KingOfHumans

• Messiah
    • View Profile
>< ... GAH
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2005, 05:50:59 PM »
People probably demand probably because they don't know much about them except what they tell them.
In RL some kids get their ways so they demand things on the interenet as well expecting the same results.

I can't really compare since I haven't done any demanding over the internet, maybe because I didn't get what I wanted in RL until I deserved it.

Offline youko shi

• Executive
    • View Profile
>< ... GAH
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2005, 06:03:16 PM »
eh, i think it's just becuase they were raised that way..they always got what they wanted, they never had to work for it, so now they act the same way, expecting the same thing...or else its that they DID hafta work for EVERYTHING and now think that they still deserve everything and act like they do..
Stay Crazy<br />

Offline Golden Warrior

• ~GW~
  • Advisor
  • Chaos Angel
  • /Empire/Vector
    • View Profile
>< ... GAH
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2005, 06:56:07 PM »
It just depends on how the person was raised IMO. Sometimes they mature out and life goes on, and sometimes they just don't get it no matter how we try to explain it to them. :linkshrug

Then sometimes it just is that way and how to deal with it becomes more important than why. :linkshrug
DDOEQ2
Argonnessen ServerCrushbone Server
Gustal Dymlos Human Fighter LV2Quaxialaem - Dark Elf Necromancer LV27
Woth Half-Orc Barbarian LV1Afuwkoac - Freeblood Shadowknight LV26
Kathanos Half-Elf Monk LV1 / Sorcerer LV1Zeekort - Troll Paladin LV52
ILomer - Human Gaurdian LV20
Ruliach - Fae Warden LV20
Naebiya - Wood Elf Beastlord LV29

The tediousness of paperwork makes my eyes burn and head hurt. Yet it is a necessary evil we all share. I like swords. Swords are simple. They aren't confusing or evil. Just straight forward implements of death. Have a nice day. ~GW

I like swords ~Fighter, 8-Bit Theater

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  General Chit Chat  |  >< ... GAH

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines Page created in 0.164 seconds with 20 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx