gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
484574 Posts in 28409 Topics by 2464 Members - Latest Member: austinrobert December 12, 2019, 07:13:37 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  $20 Gems
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: $20 Gems  (Read 1085 times)

Offline RedShift

• Scholar
    • View Profile
$20 Gems
« on: August 07, 2005, 09:03:45 AM »
Now we all know not all those $50 or more (for any system) games, aren't always the best choice. Many of the cheap games out there are great, the problem is sifting through the hundreds of them and finding which ones are the kind that make you go "wow, I don't care how long it's been out! $20 for this?"

So name yer gems!

(all xbox)

-Phantom Dust (1/2 or LAN/LIVE, months)
-Battle Engine Aquila (single player, 1/2 weeks)
-Dungeons and Dragons Heroes (2/4 players, months)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2005, 12:46:24 PM by RedShift »

Offline KingOfHumans

• Messiah
    • View Profile
$20 Gems
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2005, 09:50:37 AM »
Here are some gamecube games that you can get under 20. These are preowned but are most likely still in good codition.

Metroid Prime $7.99
Luig Manshion $12.99
Spiderman $12.99
Star Fox Adventures $9.99
Super Mario Sunshine $16.99

You can search for more games here
http://www.gamestop.com/default.asp?

*off topic* Zelda Twilight is #4 in the best seller and it hasn't even been released.

Offline Mauganra99

• View Profile
    • http://www.nat.vu.nl/~wiedemey/LieroX/LieroX.html
$20 Gems
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2005, 10:09:29 AM »
First of all: I've never paid more than 20 (~23 $) for any game I own. Why should I pay any more? This way I collected a kazillion of games, don't need to worry much about the few 'bad' games I buy, and don't need to shell out a lot of cash for a new system either since those games aren't the newest. It's even cheaper than downloading them in some cases (Bought a 5 CD game for 2.50. Buying 5 CDR's + cases + printing fronts/stickers/inlays costs more!)

It's great.

There are some games I'm still looking for. Most are pretty old, but that's because I can't find them. I don't know if they're still around, and I'm not buying over the interweb...

Shadows of the Empire (PC)
Blood II (PC)
Diablo II Lord of Destruction (PC)
Expansion packs for MechWarrior IV (PC)
Mech Commander II (PC)

Not long ago I stumbled over a curious buy: Turok Evolotions for PC. I thought it was a 'cube only release? Too bad I didn't get it running yet, I really like the Turok series. Probably need a system upgrade :'(

OFF-TOPIC: I dislike 3D zelda. They should make a 2D one, with an enormously large world and nice effects. 3D graphics aren't a problem, as long as gameplay is as oldschool as Link's Awakening :D
Will celebrate at 3141 posts.

Offline Fenris

• Scholar
    • View Profile
$20 Gems
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2005, 12:20:49 PM »
Halo
FarCry
Project Snowblind
Metal Gear Solid 3 is also at 20$ now
"I want to know how God created this world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts; the rest are details." - Albert Einstein

Offline Kenzu Mashiki

• Executive
    • View Profile
$20 Gems
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2005, 04:13:18 PM »
A pretty good game for like $14 is Black Stone Magic and Steel

Offline Marrshu

• Editor
  • Grandmaster
    • View Profile
$20 Gems
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2005, 04:20:34 PM »
Panzer Dragoon Orta for the Xbox. One of the best $20 you'll ever spend on a game, I guartee it. ;)

Offline RedShift

• Scholar
    • View Profile
$20 Gems
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2005, 07:27:23 PM »
Quote from: Marrshu
Panzer Dragoon Orta for the Xbox. One of the best $20 you'll ever spend on a game, I guartee it. ;)

Well do explain! ark! to the GoogleMobile!

:EDIT:: gotta try this one.... thanks dude!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 07:40:38 PM by RedShift »

Offline Rajin

• Executive
    • View Profile
    • http://artillery.thegaminguniverse.com/
$20 Gems
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2005, 08:45:25 PM »
Castle Shikigami 2 (PS2) - $8
A game with a story-line that makes no sense (maybe there's a connection to number 1?). Horrible translations that can just be funny to listen to. Played in a top-down arcade style. Good controls, and overall just fun to dodge junk XD

Offline Deuce

• Royalty
    • View Profile
$20 Gems
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2005, 09:31:31 PM »
STronghold 1 for PC. 9.99 AWESOME GAME!
Nust a move for Gamecube 9.99 another great game!

Offline Exodus

• View Profile
$20 Gems
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2005, 12:30:39 PM »
Morrowind G.O.T.Y Edition is a good game. Gives you several more hours of playing time if you liked the original Morrowind.

Offline RedShift

• Scholar
    • View Profile
$20 Gems
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2005, 03:57:21 PM »
Quote from: Exodus
Morrowind G.O.T.Y Edition is a good game. Gives you several more hours of playing time if you liked the original Morrowind.

Try 200 more. I forgot about that one. I have a level 22 High Elf Atronach with 867 magic, and still havent beat both the expansions after three two years of play.

Offline Exodus

• View Profile
$20 Gems
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2005, 06:51:37 PM »
Quote from: RedShift
Try 200 more. I forgot about that one. I have a level 22 High Elf Atronach with 867 magic, and still havent beat both the expansions after three two years of play.

Wow. I beat both expansions and the main story line. But of course my level 27 dark elf has almost 900 in every melee skill there is, not to mention magic as well.

Offline Joefalco

• RPG Maniac
  • Royalty
  • US of A
    • View Profile
$20 Gems
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2005, 07:50:07 PM »
I bought my Everquest 2 pack for $19 (without tax included).  You can find "Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life" for $19 as well now.

Long live the cheapskate, baby!

Fat is back, baby!

Tales from an Alternate Gaming Universe Comic Archive
^All comics, no comments, no searching through countless pages^

Zenith RP: a RP forum. Check it out!

Offline RedShift

• Scholar
    • View Profile
$20 Gems
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2005, 09:48:19 AM »
Quote from: Exodus
Wow. I beat both expansions and the main story line. But of course my level 27 dark elf has almost 900 in every melee skill there is, not to mention magic as well.

well, you can't have above 100 in any skill without exploiting bugs in the game, I was talking bout the AMOUNT of mana, not the skill level of destruction/alchemy etc. Hoewever I did beat both the MAIN story lines, but there are so many little ones. I haven't beat Great House Telvanni yet, nor am I headmaster of the mages guild/fighters guild. I'm also in the imperial legion, but not going anywhere fast. I want to do the commora tong.

I mean, you have to spend at least 20 hours or so to beat each expansion's main quest.

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  $20 Gems

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines Page created in 0.144 seconds with 20 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx