gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
484580 Posts in 28410 Topics by 2464 Members - Latest Member: austinrobert April 02, 2020, 10:52:20 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  General Chit Chat  |  !!Square and Enix Merge!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: !!Square and Enix Merge!!  (Read 1026 times)

Offline lord-of-shadow

• Accepted
    • View Profile
    • http://
!!Square and Enix Merge!!
« on: November 26, 2002, 03:22:01 PM »
http://cube.ign.com/articles/378/378638p1.html
It's official! And if you don't trust IGN, just head over to Bloomberg. Or any major Japanese gaming site.
Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one, and most of them stink.

Offline Kaiser Infinity

• Ascended
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2002, 07:30:07 PM »
Wow, awesome. Although I won't be getting FFX-2, since I haven't played FFX, this certainly does sound worth hearing for some fans. Hey TSA, think Tonberry will continue to insta-kill people in this game? I would think so, he's become an FF trademark along with the Cids
~Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.~

Offline Armageddon

• Vile Reaper
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2002, 07:47:23 PM »
Sounds good, The will be making a killing with there RPGs in one company.
GU Dictionary: o.o {emoticon} ; used to mean many things ;1 a greeting ;2 an exclamation of surprise ;3 an exclamation of shock ;4 to exhibit confusion ex \\\\\\\"what the *****!?\\\\\\\" ;5 can be used for many things for which no one has the words to describe.

Offline Sethy

• Raw raw fight da powa!
  • Higher Power
  • Arshes the Grappler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2002, 08:36:16 PM »
I love squaresoft I hope not much will change in there great RPG's with the merging
- Seth Leslee -

Do not believe in me who believes in you. Do not believe in you who believes in me. Believe in you who believes in yourself!

Offline Melora

• Scholar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.historyofhyrule.com
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2002, 03:13:03 AM »
Enix makes some pretty good games, I don't think you have much to worry about. Wow.. That's a crazy merger, those are two of the biggest RPG makers, they ARE going to make a killing!

Offline Eturnal-rest

• Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2002, 10:55:23 AM »
NO, THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING!!!

Square, tainted :dpdepress

Don't take this the wrong way, Enix makes very good games, just diffrent. What I love about Square's games is how they put them together. That will most probbably change quite a bit now. I can't imagine FF games with a touch of Enix in them, but I'm pretty sure it wont feel like FF anymore.

(Why aren't there any crying smilies???)

Offline Supreme-K

• Accepted
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2002, 11:07:41 AM »
Last thing I expected to happen, this could be a good or bad thing, not sure though.
Back from the dead

My GU Fighter Art

Offline Kaiser Infinity

• Ascended
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2002, 01:20:04 PM »
Well, I have to admit - Squaresoft was an extremely successful RPG=making company by itself, but, with Enix, will it's RPGs still be great? Maybe, maybe not. I think Square's RPG are the best by itself, ESPECIALLY FF and Secret of Mana
~Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.~

Offline lord-of-shadow

• Accepted
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2002, 02:34:11 PM »
Realize that Chrono Trigger, which I consider to be the second greates RPG of all time, was made by both Enix and Square. Enix did the story, characters, and a few other things, Square did the battle system and some other things. They make an awesome team.

Offline Goteth

• Ascended
  • Rogue who likes to Stabby stab ';,,;'
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2002, 02:40:34 PM »
This is awesome...but I want the Final Fantasy games to be made by just Squaresoft...makes it feel like a true FF game...with Enix...just doesn't feel right...hey since they merged...BRING CHRONO TRIGGER TO GBA!:dpsilly:

Offline lord-of-shadow

• Accepted
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2002, 03:03:01 PM »
Why does everyone think the FF series will be changed at all? The two franchises, Dragon Warrior and FF, will continue to be completely separate.

Bandit, form the Nintendojo boards, said this in a thread there:
Square and Enix will hold a Square Enix management and development strategy conference on November 29 in Japan.

- In addition, Square Enix does not have plans to unite Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy, the two series will remain independent from each other. Their relation with SCEI does not change after the amalgamation, as their investment in Square is unrelated to the platform selection. Moreover, although Square, Enix and Namco are working closely in supporting PlayOnline, but there is no plan for another amalgamation between Square Enix and Namco.

- It is clarified that in the new company Square Enix, the new chairman will be Yasuhiro Fukushima (the chairman of Enix); the president is Wada Youichi (president of Square); and the vice-president is Keiji Honda (president of Enix). For the investment ratio, Yasuhiro Fukushima will hold 30% of Square Enix, Miyamoto will hold 18% and Sony Computer Entertainment will hold 8%.

Square Enix would become the biggest RPG developer. The purpose of the amalgamation is to use the centripetal force to the creator and the content property to maximize and reinforce the earnings base. In the amalgamation ratio, Square is 0.81 and Enix is 1.0, therefore Square will become the dissolution company while Enix will take charge of Square Enix.

The merger will be finalised on April 1st, and all games released after that date will be released under the "Square Enix" brand. This includes FF:CC. What's even more surprising is the next Dragon Quest is rumored to be heading to the Gamecube due in part to this merger." Source: Famitsu:

He's always been trustworthy.

Offline Kaiser Infinity

• Ascended
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2002, 03:28:45 PM »
I guess. I'm gonna ask Square though if they'll remake Secret of Mana on GBA. I'm gonna go put polls on different RPG forums(and GU, of course), just to show Square how many people may anticipate it. That is the top of my list for RPG remakes

BTW, Chrono Trigger was already remade on PSX with anime cutscenes and other extra options

Offline Goteth

• Ascended
  • Rogue who likes to Stabby stab ';,,;'
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2002, 11:08:53 PM »
I don't really give a damn about the PSX version...I'm talking Chrono Trigger PORTABLE GAMING DUDE!:dpdevious

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  General Chit Chat  |  !!Square and Enix Merge!!

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines Page created in 0.223 seconds with 20 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx