gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
484569 Posts in 28409 Topics by 2464 Members - Latest Member: austinrobert December 06, 2019, 10:18:28 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  Diablo 2 at last...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Diablo 2 at last...  (Read 1171 times)

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
  • "May the moon light your path..."
    • View Profile
Diablo 2 at last...
« on: December 10, 2004, 05:23:06 AM »
Finally, I get to play the sequel of one my favorite games. I actually beat Diablo 1 recently again(for like the 20th time) during the period inbetween the end of Beta and when I got my CE copy of WoW on the 29th.

Today, my roommate lent me Diablo 2 and let me play it on my computer. It's pretty cool, the rate of item drops is insane. o.O I like most of the new setup, Interface, items, etc. But I don't like the new models. This IS taking place like a week or so after Diablo 1? How did the Zombies and Skeletons change form so fast? :p And Cain looks older...

However, I digress, I did get to Tristram and well... I dunno. Its kinda sad to see the place that I've been to so much when I played Diablo 1, to see in flames, to see Griswold turned into a Demon's slave. Man, I really didn't want to kill Griswold, I wanted to save him, but of course, the game's mechanics don't allow you to do that. :/ I heard Wirt is alive somewhere, but I looted a body quickly during a battle and I forgot to see what the body was called(I remember something like "[blank]'s Body", it dropped a ton of gold and Wirt's leg.

I wonder how the stone wall got there, blocking the path to the Cathedral and the Catacombs? And what happened to the bridge that you used to cross the river to reach the Caves and Wirt? And I notice that the opening in the ground leading to Hell has closed up.

Its kinda ironic and depressing how the Hero you played in Diablo 1 ends up destroying the very town he sought to save. (I just wanna know WHY Griswold had to die/become a demon? What about that guy at the Tavern? I'd rather kill him than Griswold. >_<)

Despite the slightly despressing scene at Tristram, I am really liking the game so far. What did everyone else think about it?
-Aegis Runestone-
Thanks to Galadin at the Dissidia Forums for this Awesome Avatar!
My Library of Fan Stories. Come, read, and enjoy!
My ArchiveOfOurOwn.org Account
"It's better to stand for something than to fall for anything."- Snypa

Learn about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Mormon Messages

Offline MaverickZero

• Regimental
    • View Profile
Diablo 2 at last...
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2004, 07:38:35 AM »
How come you have time to play Diablo? I think you got WoW? :P

I played Diablo 2 before Diablo 1 and I think both games are great although when I played it a month ago or so, the graphics seemed really ugly... The addon adds a higher resolution and all but I still stopped playing.

Once I played it together with 2 friends 2 whole days without sleep. We played and it got dark... played....played and the sun came out.... some person came in (mom) saying something like "lunch". Lol that was fun... I wasn't even tired and the time flew by so quickly...
Best of PS3 Conference (E3 2006)

"Riiiiiiidge Raceeeeer"
"599 US Dollars!"
"Real time ... WEAPON CHANGE"
"Attack its weakpoint for massive damage!"

just watch http://youtube.com/watch?v=IH2w2l1JTs4
and visit http://www.wii60.com

Thank you ;-P

Favorite Ask A Ninja question:
Q "If a ninja falls down in the forest, and no one is around to hear it, does it still make a sound?"
A "If a Ninja does anything anywhere, he doesn't make a sound. And if he does make a sound, it's probably gonna be the last sound you'll ever hear."
 - from Ninja Omnibus

Offline Goteth

• Ascended
  • Rogue who likes to Stabby stab ';,,;'
    • View Profile
Diablo 2 at last...
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2004, 05:16:33 PM »
That was Wirt's body, Aegis. Poor fool died by the hands of those undead and demons...

You'll want to keep Wirt's leg for later when you beat the game. I'm not someone who spoils things too much, so I'll leave it at that...unless you want me to tell you.

Do you have the expansion? I highly suggest you get that. Two more classes and a new act is there, and you get twice the amount of stash.

Let me give you a hint on skill leveling. I'll use the Necromancer and Druid class as an example.

Pointing out the obvious, Necromancers and Druids have summon skills. I would recommend training a "Summon" Necromancer or Druid. What this means is that you put all your skills in their summoning tree, and forget the other skills. Personally, I see no point in the other skills anyways for Necromancers. I don't use curses and I don't use daggers. Anyways, this creates a strong summoner. Instead of using skill points on other skills than your summon, you'll create much more powerful summons and most likely can summon more early in the game. Even so, the boss at the end of the act are hard to put up with. You have to be really patient with Necromancers, since the summoned minions will die quicker and you need more mana and corpses to summon more. As for Druids, they require only mana, as they summon their creatures using nature. You just need to stock yourself up a bit more with mana potions.

Well I'm not sure about other classes, but concentrating on the skills you actually want to use should be your places to place your skill points in...

I'm taking it you play on US East...I play on US West, but I guess I could make a US East account just so we can play together sometime. I really wouldn't mind. What's your account name on it? I'll add you to my friends list when I get the chance. Mine is Goteth. :)

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
    • View Profile
Diablo 2 at last...
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2004, 07:04:00 PM »
I'm not using B.net Goteth and I know what Wirt's Leg is for: The Secret Cow Level. :)

(And I'd be playing on US West since I'm in Utah)
-Aegis Runestone-

Mormon Messages

Offline Goteth

• Ascended
    • View Profile
Diablo 2 at last...
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2004, 09:44:44 PM »
Quote from: Aegis Runestone
I'm not using B.net Goteth and I know what Wirt's Leg is for: The Secret Cow Level. :)

(And I'd be playing on US West since I'm in Utah)

Come to think of it...I know this is off-topic, but it reminds me...what about our Seiken Densetsu 3 game? :P

If I did play games with you on Diablo 2, since you don't have the expansion, I'd have to make a normal Diablo 2 player to come along for the ride...only if you were considering playing on battle.net :)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2004, 03:00:09 PM by LinkJay6 »

Offline Cloud

• Adept
    • View Profile
Diablo 2 at last...
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2004, 10:58:52 PM »
hahah...i played diablo 2 for along time..i haade like lvl 80s ..70s ..like 300 mf...w/e so many good items... i had the tal rashas set..soj...2 ik sets..grandfather sword..basically any time.all deleted ..havent been in my account for over 4 months :|..i

"When all your weapons are gone, I better not be standing, because you'll all be dead before you reload."

Offline Darkninja

• Adept
    • View Profile
Diablo 2 at last...
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2004, 02:44:38 PM »
diablo 2 was such a fun game to play even though my characters were always crappy gave them all the wrong kind of abilitys can never find a really good weapon or armour so no one would have hack me but seriosly isn't  diablo 2 a old game?

[/size][/font]

[/size][/font]

Offline Goteth

• Ascended
    • View Profile
Diablo 2 at last...
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2004, 06:37:16 AM »
It really doesn't matter how old games are. As long as you like the game, it's all good. :biggrin:

Oh yeah...I found this real awesome Gladius. It's a unique...BloodLetter I think it's called or something like that. Though it's pricey as anything to repair, It does some heavy damage I tell you...:)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2004, 05:45:33 PM by LinkJay6 »

Offline Forest Hunter

• Grandmaster
    • View Profile
    • http://
Diablo 2 at last...
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2004, 02:02:15 AM »
Aegis, first off I am glad you finnaly get to play Diablo 2 because it kicks ass.

Next off D2 takes place afew years after Diablo 1 I believe. And those are not models... those are all sprites, that game is 2d. Enjoy playing, and what character are you playing as?

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
    • View Profile
Diablo 2 at last...
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2004, 09:45:43 PM »
Paladin, obviously. :P Though I want to try the Amazoness and the Sorcoress. ^^

Anyway, I broke down and ordered the battle chest, it'll be waiting for me when I get back to Utah. :)
-Aegis Runestone-

Mormon Messages

Offline Forest Hunter

• Grandmaster
    • View Profile
    • http://
Diablo 2 at last...
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2004, 02:42:49 AM »
Correction its Amazon not Amazoness... I would know Amazon is my favorite :P

If you use an Amazon focus in bows (screw spears/javelins). Its so fun having 10 guys charging at you only to have them be cut down by your arrows. And then nailing Diablo with Ice arrows was classic... as was the final boss in the exspansion....

Offline Goteth

• Ascended
    • View Profile
Diablo 2 at last...
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2004, 05:01:19 AM »
Me and JW just got done with Act 3 on Nightmare. We're both Paladins. I take care of the resistances and he takes care of slowing the enemies down. We both also use rogues. I'm Level 59 currently.

And before I wasn't too fond of Diablo 2...now I love it.

I have a small incident during the fight with Mephisto in Nightmare that I thought I'd share...don't know what kind of humor people have, but worth a shot.

Goteth - Retrieving Corpse and help fight against Mephisto
Gearfried - Guarding my corpse. Mephisto is behind the wall.
Goteth - Running to loot own corpse
Gearfried - On other side of the wall from Mephisto

Gearfried to Mephisto, "Haha! You can't touch me!"
Gearfried was killed by Mephisto
Goteth to Gearfried, "Can't touch you eh?"
Gearfried to Goteth, "......Shut up!"

:P

======

Personally, I find Diablo 2 much more enjoyable in passworded games with friends/family only...but that's just me...:)

Offline Hikikun

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Diablo 2 at last...
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2004, 10:41:36 PM »
Congrats for finally getting the battle chest, you won't regret it. Another character class ya might wanna try out is assasin, only because they can be damn sweet ^^. Also I never really did get to playing on battle.net, I use to play all of the time on our lan connection with me, my bro and my dad. My dad actually still plays diablo 2, but only offline :p
----------------------------------------------

Offline Exploiter

• Scholar
    • View Profile
Diablo 2 at last...
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2005, 09:25:22 AM »
Aegis now go and get LOD extension because the games crap without it, so many things added. Ive played them both about a million gazzillion times and i only play it to watch the movie sequences (yes i know you cna watch them without playing buts its funner to earn the watch). it is really wicked you should get LOD!
I Am and American Soldier,
I Am a Warrior and Member of a Team.
I Serve the People of the United States
And Live the Army Values.
I Will Always Place the Mission First.
I Will Never Accept Defeat,
I Will Never Quit,
I Will Never Leave a Fallen Comrade,
I am Disciplined, Physically and Mentally Tough,
Trained and Proficient in my Warrior Tasks and Drills,
I Will Always Maintain my Arms, my Equipment, and Myself.
I am an Expert and a Professional,
I Stand Ready to Deploy, Engage, and Destroy the Enemies of the Unite States of America in Close Combat,
I am a Guardian of Freedom and the American Way of Life.
I AM AN AMERICAN SOLDIER!
HOOOOOAH!

Offline Dista

• View Profile
Diablo 2 at last...
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2005, 07:10:27 PM »
Editted out by Jakanis - Handle personal things in PMs. Don't bother posting if you want to start something with other members.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2005, 08:43:56 PM by LinkJay6 »
Without light there is no hope and without hope there is no light. As long as light and hope are one, they are unbeatable. Just like Love and Courage are one and the same. There is no Love without Courage and no Courage without Love.

The second saying is one of my own, but the first one was from a digimon episode.

Dista is ancient babalonian for light. But DistaDistano means fate.

Fate is a strange thing. Because what is fate? Is fate what we believe we are destined to be or is fate something that we can control. I belive it is something we can control because if we couldn't we wouldn't be able to make our own decisions.

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  Diablo 2 at last...

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines Page created in 0.171 seconds with 20 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx