gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
484576 Posts in 28410 Topics by 2464 Members - Latest Member: austinrobert January 27, 2020, 03:55:51 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  Gounbound vs Worms
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Gounbound vs Worms  (Read 8075 times)

Offline Phoenix Gamma

• Royalty
    • View Profile
Gounbound vs Worms
« on: July 06, 2004, 04:50:23 PM »
which do you like more?

I like worms more. I can play solo missions and training and such without having to wait for other players to figure out how to click the ready button or dealing with lag.

W:A has a lot more weapons too. In GB, if a person is close to you, you HAVE to move or hurt yourself. Worms has melee weapons, mines, etc. Not to mention, you can move after you shoot.

That's another thing. In worms, you can move more. Backflips, jumps, ninja rope, parachute, it all works well so you can get around faster in one turn. GB restricts you to a few seconds of holding left or right. Not to mention, you can't go up some angles.

Worms, however, is harder to aim with. The wind has 2 settings, high and low. Gunbound has an accual number to how strong it is.

Also, the worms power gauge stinks. GB shows you your last shot, which is cool.

Both have thier draw backs, but worms is the victor IMO.

@Fortitude

Gounbound vs Worms
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2004, 11:07:44 PM »
Just to be difficult and not really answer the question: Liero. Hands down still the best Worm-combat game. :dpsmiley:

I haven't played Gunbound, but Worms (the PC one, not the oooold console one) is one of the best turn-based combat games I've ever played. Final Fantasy Tactics is the best. (Agh! I'm trying to stay on topic!)

Offline Cyclone

• Higher Power
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zcnetwork.net
Gounbound vs Worms
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2004, 12:56:43 AM »
Worms3D is a lot of fun.  Always had a comwedy flair, will continue to amuse myself with it at times.

Cyclone

Sig. image courtesy of Chayy.

Sephiroth: How do I edit the first bullet bill so it's fire rate is less rapid
inori: Well, first you die. Then its fire rate goes down to zero.
Marrshu: No actually it continues firing

GU Award Winner of Best Moderator (early 2004) and Best Global Moderator (rest of 2004).

As a general rule. don't solve puzzles that will open a portal to hell. It will ruin your day.

Offline Kawaburd

• Masquerading as a newbie
  • Overseer
    • View Profile
    • Kaw's art stuff!  Yay!
Gounbound vs Worms
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2004, 02:31:01 AM »
To compare the 2...

Worms:  has a lot of competent players, usually friendly and multi-cultural
Gunbound: somebody PLEASE commit genocide on these dweebs!  THEY shouldve been the ones in concentration camps, now the jews!  (scary thing is i'm dead serious. i'd laugh as the GB regulars were slaughtered and experimented on if I saw it irl.)

Worms: PLETHORA of weapons, throw everything but the kitchen sink
Gunbound: each mobile has 3 weapons, so you need your brain.

Worms: worm can go ANYWHERE
Gunbound: mobiles barely move. again, plan accordingly.

Worms:  several worms, you can get away with stupid moves
Gunbound: one mobile, one chance.  use it wisely.  

Personally... I like them both equally.
How can I put things here without a chat to quote from?

Offline Phoenix Gamma

• Royalty
    • View Profile
Gounbound vs Worms
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2004, 10:33:21 AM »
Quote from: Meta
To compare the 2...

Worms:  has a lot of competent players, usually friendly and multi-cultural
Gunbound: somebody PLEASE commit genocide on these dweebs!  THEY shouldve been the ones in concentration camps, now the jews!  (scary thing is i'm dead serious. i'd laugh as the GB regulars were slaughtered and experimented on if I saw it irl.)

Worms: PLETHORA of weapons, throw everything but the kitchen sink
Gunbound: each mobile has 3 weapons, so you need your brain.

Worms: worm can go ANYWHERE
Gunbound: mobiles barely move. again, plan accordingly.

Worms:  several worms, you can get away with stupid moves
Gunbound: one mobile, one chance.  use it wisely.  

Personally... I like them both equally.

yea, the people on GB are jerks. One person responded to EVERYTHING with "LOL"

Someone made a comment about his mom, and he still said "lol." he left to go to the bathroom and acted like we'd let him in later. yea right. DELETED!

but gounbound has more variety in multiplayer games. solo, tag, score and jewel. So in some instances, you have more than 1 mobile.

I like the custom avatar thing, but face it, everything is too expensive. Luckily, GIS team is giving free gold anbd avatars to all members who registered before the hacking attack. the bad part is the avatars do nothing and looks stupid.

I'd like to see custom worms outfitted with helmets and tatoos and stuff like on the box that you can change. That'd be so fricken' sweet.

Worms 3D was an experience. I got the demo and played it, Got one worm on a balcony, then sniped out another worm all in one turn. That's magic right there.  And the multiple camera angles really help.

A worms 3d rip off I also like is cannonballs. It's free, but you can;t move, weapons, cost money, and most weapons are the same. But the graphics are so incredible considering it's an online shockwave game. I mean, WOW.

Offline Mauganra99

• View Profile
    • http://www.nat.vu.nl/~wiedemey/LieroX/LieroX.html
Gounbound vs Worms
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2004, 11:15:55 AM »
They both have their nice things...

Positive
Gunbound is free
Gunbound has the custom avatar system, which really adds to the game
Gunbound has the delay system, which makes you think more (tactics)
Gunbound forces players to teamplay
Worms is funny
Worms can be played singleplayer
Worms has more action (super sheep, ninja rope)

Negative
Gunbound has a 75% loser community, including money freaks, spammers, thieves and flamers.
Gunbound has long waits between turns
Gunbound can only be played online
Worms isn't free

So, worms hasn't got much negatives (never played it online though, so don't know much about the community), probably because it is much more developed because they had more money available.

Gunbound, though, has lots of tactics (I really like that) and has the avatar system, which allows you to create your own character, with thousands of possibilities for the clothes.

Personally I like Gunbound more, but for a quick hot-seat game Worms is better. I just lose interest in it quickly, which isn't the case with Gunbound.
Will celebrate at 3141 posts.

Offline samson007

• Executive
    • View Profile
    • http://
Gounbound vs Worms
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2004, 12:44:12 PM »
I just played the worms 2 yesterday for like 5 minutes. I like worms, the whole idea is just fun.
Signature............Why Bother?

Offline Phoenix Gamma

• Royalty
    • View Profile
Gounbound vs Worms
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2004, 01:07:30 PM »
you gotta play Worms Armageddon to get the full 2d experience outta worms. More weapons and stuff.

I made a game on my TI-83+ sorta like worms, only you don't move, and only you attack by typing numbers to set the power. It sucks, but it passes time by... :P

Offline Dista

• View Profile
Gounbound vs Worms
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2004, 03:56:02 PM »
I like Gunbound way better. Gunbound is in beta or something anyways, so it's still improving quite a bit, so all the gameplay is not done yet. They're not done making the game yet. I have double stone hammer rank on Gunbound. Also it ticks me off that people on there pick on my friend who also plays it because they can't wait a single stupid minute for his game to load. So I just tell them to shut the hell up. I'm quite frankly getting tired of them picking on my friend because of it.
Without light there is no hope and without hope there is no light. As long as light and hope are one, they are unbeatable. Just like Love and Courage are one and the same. There is no Love without Courage and no Courage without Love.

The second saying is one of my own, but the first one was from a digimon episode.

Dista is ancient babalonian for light. But DistaDistano means fate.

Fate is a strange thing. Because what is fate? Is fate what we believe we are destined to be or is fate something that we can control. I belive it is something we can control because if we couldn't we wouldn't be able to make our own decisions.

Offline Phoenix Gamma

• Royalty
    • View Profile
Gounbound vs Worms
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2004, 05:35:13 PM »
Quote from: JoeyWheeler
I like Gunbound way better. Gunbound is in beta or something anyways, so it's still improving quite a bit, so all the gameplay is not done yet. They're not done making the game yet. I have double stone hammer rank on Gunbound. Also it ticks me off that people on there pick on my friend who also plays it because they can't wait a single stupid minute for his game to load. So I just tell them to shut the hell up. I'm quite frankly getting tired of them picking on my friend because of it.

I seriously doubt gameplay will change much in the "final" version. GIS team is putting more time in hack checking each monday than making new stuff. They might make new avatars and stuff, but no drastic changes.

I got a double stone hammer as well, working my way up to axe so I can join  guilds.

as you just prooved, the people in GB tend to be asses. They constantly say my name 5 seconds after I join a room. They don't understand the concept of preparing I guess.

Offline Mauganra99

• View Profile
    • http://www.nat.vu.nl/~wiedemey/LieroX/LieroX.html
Gounbound vs Worms
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2004, 04:30:09 PM »
The easiest way to stop those "asses" is by muting them. Just type "/mute playername" and they're gone. Type "/help" for more commands, they can be usefull.

The first thing the GB team should fix is the lag problem... sometimes people lag badly, and ping timeouts don't seem to exist in Gunbound world... It sucks, having to wait several minutes to find out who is the lagger, then getting him to quit. Lag can take 10 minutes, in that time nobody can play.
Will celebrate at 3141 posts.

Offline Goteth

• Ascended
  • Rogue who likes to Stabby stab ';,,;'
    • View Profile
Gounbound vs Worms
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2004, 07:47:29 PM »
Quote from: Mauganra99
The easiest way to stop those "asses" is by muting them. Just type "/mute playername" and they're gone. Type "/help" for more commands, they can be usefull.

The first thing the GB team should fix is the lag problem... sometimes people lag badly, and ping timeouts don't seem to exist in Gunbound world... It sucks, having to wait several minutes to find out who is the lagger, then getting him to quit. Lag can take 10 minutes, in that time nobody can play.

That's a lot of typing for muting, 'cause there are a lot of those people in Gunbound. Not to mention that's the majority of people you'll probably play with...

As for the lag problem, it's really weird how it finds out who is lagging when they are really not. Either that, or I'm quite confused on who lags or not. Sometimes it says I do when I am not lagging at all...'cause it always kicks out the other person who was said to lag instead of me all the time...:shrugani:

Offline Truth Spirit Aura

• Xuyun!
  • Blessed With Thunder!
    • View Profile
    • Just Like (a) Human
Gounbound vs Worms
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2004, 02:36:54 AM »
Gunbound *used* to tell you who was lagging the game to hell.
It was funny, too, because it'd confuse the crap out of newer players.

I've never played Worms.
I don't care for Gunbound, unless I know at least one of the people I'm playing with. Preferably more than that.
My friends and I used to get together, play and talk trash. We all had fun, usually.

Just keep running, falling, till you reach the border. There you reach out, find out: Blessed with all the Thunder of the World.
Homeless isn't a fad. It's sweeping our nation, however. I'm all swept up in it. ;_;
Get a better browser. Mozilla, Camino, and Mozilla Firefox. Opera. Experience the internet in a new light.

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  Gounbound vs Worms

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines Page created in 0.11 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx