gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
484569 Posts in 28409 Topics by 2464 Members - Latest Member: austinrobert December 08, 2019, 06:32:53 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  NEW Zelda game for the GCN!! (Not WW2!)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: NEW Zelda game for the GCN!! (Not WW2!)  (Read 8150 times)

Offline Phoenix Gamma

• Royalty
    • View Profile
NEW Zelda game for the GCN!! ( WW2? )
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2004, 03:49:16 PM »
Quote from: KingOfHeart
I watched the quicktime movie and this game looks so cool. Hmm if it is a sequal to WW does that mean this Link is related to the link in WW or does he just have courage just like all of the links.

Hmm does Ganon have the MasterSword? In the ending of WW link stuck the MasterSword in his head so if they continue with the story does Ganon use the MasterSword for evil?

this is a sequal to MM and OoT and a prequal to WW. Nintendo told me so via email, so nyah.

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
  • "May the moon light your path..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2004, 04:17:06 PM »
Quote from: Pheonix Gamma
not to bring you all down, but there might be a problem here....

I have a feeling that WW2 will be cancelled, or this will be WW2, because it's what leads up to WW.

This CLOULD BE another Space World thing. (I doubt that, because the engine is done and stuff already)

The ending might... suck... like Link dying like Neo on Matrix Revolutions (without christian refrences)

My other fear is that since a new "secret" director is directing this, we might see more changes to the story... like Link talking ::stabbed to death:: ok, that was a joke, but it could happen.

BTW, have you seen Minish cap? Gameplay looks sweet... but whoever said "LET'S MAKE LINK'S HAT HAVE A BIRD HEAD!" should be slapped. That hat is his trademark. You can't change it!

It's possible that "Minish Cap" IS WW2.
-Aegis Runestone-
Thanks to Galadin at the Dissidia Forums for this Awesome Avatar!
My Library of Fan Stories. Come, read, and enjoy!
My ArchiveOfOurOwn.org Account
"It's better to stand for something than to fall for anything."- Snypa

Learn about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Mormon Messages

Offline Phoenix Gamma

• Royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2004, 04:27:02 PM »
Quote from: Aegis Runestone
It's possible that "Minish Cap" IS WW2.

never thought of that...

the video looks sweet. nice graphics, OoT gameplay (B is sword, A and R are other item)

however, the bird thing still looks lame. the Four Swords games are the only good games with WW. link. I guess nothing amazing came from toon Link after all.

Offline HaVoK

• Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2004, 04:35:05 PM »
As much as you might not believe it...this is running on THE SAME gaming engine as WW. Just been altered slightly...but it's the same graphics engine.

ww2 is not ''Minish Cap'' for the simple reason that Nintendo have said (at least to me) that WW2 will work on the same engine as WW. And that's not possible for a GBA game. THIS COULD WELL BE THOUGH.

The reason that they waited to re release a game of Link as an adult...is that when the game is released, The series will be 18 years old...and so will the character in the game.

Raven's signiture is the first official art released to do with this game.
Nothing from nowhere i'm no one at all
radiate, recognise, one silent call
---
---

Offline Phoenix Gamma

• Royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2004, 04:50:05 PM »
I said it was the same engine. The graphics the same? Check your eyes. You left out the "not" :P They aren't the same graphics.

I heard from someone that WW2 was just used as a disguise to hide the new zelda (this one). I'm not sure if it's right, but I doubt there will be a WW2. People would say "WTF!? I THOUGHT HE'D BE AN ADULT! NINTENDO LIED TO ME!" thinking it was another "space world" thing.

The minish cap looks alot like WW gameplay wise. Look at the HUD. Looks like it to me. So it could be WW2, but they changed the name (like Agies said.)

Offline Raysyde

• Raysyde Productions
  • Global Moderator
  • Ascended
  • Rayuen Mettarze
    • View Profile
    • Raysyde Productions
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2004, 04:52:26 PM »
It's about time they made a game with an Adult Link! (it's been a while)

Offline Phoenix Gamma

• Royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2004, 05:03:07 PM »
Quote from: Raysyde
It's about time they made a game with an Adult Link! (it's been a while)

more like teen link. he looks 18. He's definatly not 40 :P ::shot::

Offline HaVoK

• Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2004, 05:03:41 PM »
I said it was the same engine. The graphics the same? Check your eyes. You left out the "not" :P They aren't the same graphics.
This new Zelda runs on the same Graphics engine as Wind Waker. And since ww2 was going to run on the same engine as WindWaker...it's a fair assumption that this IS the wind waker sequal.

((and no...WW2 is not a coverup story, I have sources varifying that there WILL BE a sequal. Whether this is it is un confirmed right now.))

The minish cap looks alot like WW gameplay wise. Look at the HUD. Looks like it to me. So it could be WW2, but they changed the name (like Agies said.)
no it couldn't because WindWaker 2 is going to run on the same graphics engine as the origional. And Minish Cap is a Portable production. Not possible.
---
---

Offline Phoenix Gamma

• Royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2004, 05:28:43 PM »
Quote from: HaVoK
This new Zelda runs on the same Graphics engine as Wind Waker. And since ww2 was going to run on the same engine as WindWaker...it's a fair assumption that this IS the wind waker sequal.

((and no...WW2 is not a coverup story, I have sources varifying that there WILL BE a sequal. Whether this is it is un confirmed right now.))

no it couldn't because WindWaker 2 is going to run on the same graphics engine as the origional. And Minish Cap is a Portable production. Not possible.

oh same graphics ENGINE. Yea, I can believe THAT (I misread, sorry)

This the WW sequal? Again, I doubt that. WW was about sailing and crap, I can't imagine a realiztic Tetra in this. Maybe a prequal (based on the legend at the beginning of the game) Not to mention, Wind doesn't seem to have much of an affect on the gameplay here. It's more OoT meets LotR. And Frodo would never use wind to destroy the ring ::stabbed by those evil dudes in black cloaks::

I doubt it'll be called WW2, even it it isn't a prequal. MM wasn't OoT2. It would be called something spiffy, and HOPEFULLY won't revolve around memorizing stupid songs or a single item that can "change the world F0REV3R!!!11!" Like OoT, MM, WW, Oracle games, and the minish cap. LoZ wasn't about any item that you used over and over again.

Offline HaVoK

• Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2004, 05:34:56 PM »
This the WW sequal? Again, I doubt that. WW was about sailing and crap, I can't imagine a realiztic Tetra in this..
A sequal wouldn't necessary mean straight after. After all what a crap game WW2 would be if it had the same sea chart.

But what a sequal means is that it would feature the same Link. So maybe after the waters die down or summat? But i would bet this is the sequal however they manage it as it fits into all the catagories forseen (same engine, right time scale ((IRL)) and all that)
---
---

Offline Phoenix Gamma

• Royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2004, 05:43:05 PM »
Quote from: HaVoK
A sequal wouldn't necessary mean straight after. After all what a crap game WW2 would be if it had the same sea chart.

But what a sequal means is that it would feature the same Link. So maybe after the waters die down or summat? But i would bet this is the sequal however they manage it as it fits into all the catagories forseen (same engine, right time scale ((IRL)) and all that)

Well, WW ended with them looking for the new Hyrule to be thier own.

If you read the text in the trailer, you'll see it refrences to OoT Link, cause the Hero is "rising again", where as WW link never really stopped being a hero. So OoT link probably returns from his search for navi (I think I already said this, maybe at another forum) and went home via the woods (like in the woods scene) and then he sees everything in chaos, and "rises again" or else "darkness will prevail." It makes a bit more sence to me.

Offline Phantom

• Executive
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2004, 05:43:35 PM »
Well, there was no Bokoblins in OOT, yet all of a sudden millions appear? Kind of odd. This Link looks a little different also, shorter hair, a bit of a different shade, and plus, what did happen to Link after MM? I didn't see him walk back to Hyrule at all.

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
  • "May the moon light your path..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2004, 05:46:37 PM »
Like I said, I think this is the game inbetween OoT and WW. However, it COULD be a totally new game that takes place hundreds of years after Tetra and Link of WW reestablish Hyrule.
-Aegis Runestone-
Thanks to Galadin at the Dissidia Forums for this Awesome Avatar!
My Library of Fan Stories. Come, read, and enjoy!
My ArchiveOfOurOwn.org Account
"It's better to stand for something than to fall for anything."- Snypa

Learn about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Mormon Messages

Offline KingOfHumans

• Messiah
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2004, 05:50:49 PM »
Quote from:  Pheonix Gamma

this is a sequal to MM and OoT and a prequal to WW. Nintendo told me so via email, so nyah.

It can't be WW 2 if this game is susposed to be a prequal to WW so isn't that proof enough that clip is not going to be WW 2.

I wonder how this zelda game will work. For LTTp link traveleld through a light and darkworld, OOT link traveled through time, MM, WW link didn't really travel but he did a bit. So will this link travel at all?

Offline Black Spark

• Redeemed Admin
  • Advisor
  • Messiah
    • View Profile
    • http://www.blackspark.net
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2004, 05:59:51 PM »
Erm HaVoK, I don't really wanna disapoint you or something.. especially since your reasonery is right.. but this is actually not ww2.  I readed it in various papers with an E3 article, it must be on the net somewhere too.

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  NEW Zelda game for the GCN!! (Not WW2!)

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines Page created in 0.09 seconds with 20 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx