gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
484574 Posts in 28409 Topics by 2464 Members - Latest Member: austinrobert December 12, 2019, 06:37:48 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  NEW Zelda game for the GCN!! (Not WW2!)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: NEW Zelda game for the GCN!! (Not WW2!)  (Read 8158 times)

Offline Phoenix Gamma

• Royalty
    • View Profile
NEW Zelda game for the GCN!! ( WW2? )
« Reply #135 on: May 21, 2004, 02:06:15 PM »
Quote from: GuyInGreen
The reason all of the people of Majora's Mask were just doubles of those in OOT, was because Majora's Mask was a cheap quick way for nintendo to make more money off of zelda games, and personally i strongly disliked Majoras Mask...no offense to anyone here

accually, it was supposed to be like an "evolved" hyrule. Nintendo didn't cheap out or anything, they stuck with the plot. They usually say to themselves when they firrst start "how can we make this different" then "how do we incopreate it in the story". So they said " we'll introduxce time to the game" then " we can say the moon's gonna crash on this new yet familiar land. YEA! And Link will be like 'woah alot of people are like the people in hyrule!' This will be great!"

Not to mention, most of the characters that are in this game have better models and stuff, so saying they took the same models as-is, well, that's incorrect.

Offline Phantom

• Executive
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 21, 2004, 03:04:29 PM »
Wasn't Termina an accidental creation by the gods? :D

Offline Phoenix Gamma

• Royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 21, 2004, 04:36:30 PM »
Quote from: Raven
Wasn't Termina an accidental creation by the gods? :D

As was the Phillips CD-i zelda games, raven :P

Termina was an alternate world (or universe. It's been awhile since I played it)

Think of it as a mirror, only with a 3-day trial :P

Offline Aliem

• Ț̼͍̩̹̥̞̩̖͝ ̺̰̟͝s̸҉̜̜̘̥̥̤̬͓͔̰͔̩ͅ ̴̡̭̪͍͇̕c̦̀̀͡ͅ&
  • Advisor
  • Messiah
  • Oh hai Mark
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 21, 2004, 06:19:46 PM »
Aegis, your theroy is possible...  But I still refuse to recognize OoA/OoS as part of the chronology :p

But yeah, Termina was a mirror world to Hyrule.  Also, Majora's Mask was great, imo.  But then again, I liked the gaidens more than the core plot games, so MM and LA are top on my list.

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
  • "May the moon light your path..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 21, 2004, 06:45:06 PM »
BTW: We're getting off-topic here guys. :P
-Aegis Runestone-
Thanks to Galadin at the Dissidia Forums for this Awesome Avatar!
My Library of Fan Stories. Come, read, and enjoy!
My ArchiveOfOurOwn.org Account
"It's better to stand for something than to fall for anything."- Snypa

Learn about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Mormon Messages

Offline Aliem

• Ț̼͍̩̹̥̞̩̖͝ ̺̰̟͝s̸҉̜̜̘̥̥̤̬͓͔̰͔̩ͅ ̴̡̭̪͍͇̕c̦̀̀͡ͅ&
  • Advisor
  • Messiah
  • Oh hai Mark
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 21, 2004, 07:47:37 PM »
lol, yeah we are.  ANYway... What kind of overworld do you want to see in this game?  marrowind style, i.e. massive and realistic, or classic zelda, i.e., reletively small?

I personally would love to see a vast overworld.  That would own so much :D

Offline Icey Hotshot

• Atoned
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 21, 2004, 09:10:58 PM »
Vast overworld that is only large for the sake of being large, or realistically large = a big piss off.  Example: Boat areas in Wind Waker.

Vast overworld that has things to do and is detailed, but is still large and gives you no idea of where to go next = still a piss off.

Zelda overworld = priceless.

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 21, 2004, 09:14:08 PM »
And for everything else, there's MasterSwordCard. :P

I think I'd like a medium-sized Overworld, not too small, not too big.
-Aegis Runestone-

Mormon Messages

Offline Stungun

• Knight in Shining Sub-Dermal Armor
  • Executive
  • This hurts a lot more than it looks, you know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 21, 2004, 10:42:21 PM »
Zelda overworlds were always too tiny. This new one should allow you to take a long time walking from one place to another.

On OoT and MM i could walk across the overworlds in just fifteen minutes. I want it to be able to take longer (but you can still take shortcuts, like the ALMOST COMPLETELY UNNESSECARY warp songs in OoT).
So I descended into the horrifying place, twisted creatures all around and an ominous stench in the air. I thought I was untouchable. They all fell to my superior firepower as the stench turned into an air of victory.

...and yet, through all this, I wish she would have given me a warning. Maybe then, all this could have been avoided, if she had sent me off with just one simple, obvious warning:

Don't lick the Phazon.

Post your spritesheets for webcomics here. Never mind. URL down.

"When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall - think of it, always." ~Mahatma Gandhi

Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55% of plepoe can.
...of crouse, taht mgiht be bcaeuse smoe plopee dno't bthoer wtih the hdeacahe of tyrnig to raed tihs carp.

Offline Icey Hotshot

• Atoned
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 21, 2004, 11:01:36 PM »
Quote from: Stungun
Zelda overworlds were always too tiny. This new one should allow you to take a long time walking from one place to another.

On OoT and MM i could walk across the overworlds in just fifteen minutes. I want it to be able to take longer (but you can still take shortcuts, like the ALMOST COMPLETELY UNNESSECARY warp songs in OoT).

Why would anyone want to walk around an overworld for more than 15 minutes?  You know, maybe if you gave a reason as to why you want a certain thing, it would give it more credibility, more than just make me think you posted something on impulse without thinking it through. (Not directed to anyone in particular, even though I did quote Stungun's post, realize practically everyone does this at some point or another).  Now, I can understand in a stat based RPG, NOT Zelda (Unless we're talking Zelda II), where overworld occurences are rarely important.  In a stat based RPG it makes sense as those frequent and monotonous overworld battles are important for levelling up your character.  Even 15 minutes with OoT was too much, I frequently used warp songs or Epona's song to avoid mind numbing boredom.  Hmm, let's see, would I rather waste 15 minutes walking around for no reason, or play a song that takes maybe 30-60 seconds play and then work?

Is everyone forgetting that Zelda developers tried a huge overworld in WW and that was the one aspect of that game that flopped? (Well, some people say the whole game was a flop, but I actually did like it quite a bit).  You want to travel around the overworld for 20 minutes for absolutely no reason, be my guest, but do it on another game franchise.

Offline HaVoK

• Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 22, 2004, 07:38:02 AM »
E3 coverage <- here's the actual confereance with miyamoto and the boys talking about it. Hopefully this should put a stop to those thoughts of ''not the wind waker sequal'' and a little bit more info about the game.

((if it's already ben posted go and ban me or whatever))
Nothing from nowhere i'm no one at all
radiate, recognise, one silent call
---
---

Offline Phoenix Gamma

• Royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 22, 2004, 08:17:51 AM »
The overworld in OoT and MM was puny. Games like LA and the oracle games had good sized overworlds, IMO. I doubt a kingdom could survive with 1 village, a lake, a ranch, and a castle. There's no way they'd have enough resources. Well, maybe they would, but eh.

What I wanna see in this game is an overwolrd smaller than WW but bigger than OoT, More villages, more dungeons than WW, a more realistic forest with accual trees and stuff so it accually FEELS like a forest. I spent 75% of my childhood hanging out in the woods near my house, and the lost woods and korkiri forest definatly weren't like what I grew up with. (Lost woods? Don't woods' usually have trees and not rock walls with tree trunk tennels?)

I also wanna see less "bomb holes in the ground for either pointless stuff or something valuable but not worth going out of your way" and more caves that are obvious, or plentiful or whatever, so when you're exploring, you see a cave, you say "hey! a cave! I'll check it out!" Instead of "I'll bomb that later... I have no bombs or money..." and forgetting about it.

I also have been waiting to visit hyrule castle in 3d. NOT hyrule courtyard, not hyrule caslte field, but accually go INSIDE. Maybe laugh at the guards that just stand there... remind the king how I saved his butt, fun stuff ^.^

Last but not least, I wanna see a cooler Zora place thingy. The first one was cool, but I was hoping for more swimming underwater, popping up in some underground caver where they all live and stuff.

Which reminds me, I also want better swimming. OoT swimming was dull. Swimming underwater was too limited. WW swiming was uber limited, what with the swimming gauge and no underwater abilities at all. Yea, I want something better, Nintendo.

So that's what I'm hoping to see in the new Hyrule (It BETTER be hyrule, and not some otheR land BS like termina, Oracle games, and LA.)

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 22, 2004, 10:38:28 AM »
As long as they don't turn Tetra into a permanent Princess Zelda, I'll be fine. >.>
-Aegis Runestone-

Mormon Messages

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  NEW Zelda game for the GCN!! (Not WW2!)

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines Page created in 0.111 seconds with 19 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx