gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
484580 Posts in 28410 Topics by 2464 Members - Latest Member: austinrobert April 04, 2020, 08:37:24 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  General Chit Chat  |  I might be gone for a while
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: I might be gone for a while  (Read 4199 times)

Offline Emaleth

• View Profile
    • http://www.dreunoctem.com/
I might be gone for a while
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2002, 04:06:43 PM »
Cripes Zeo!  Are you ok?  Cars can be replaced, people can't, and I'm sure deep down your folks will think the same, although we will hold the fort down for you in case they are like how my parents were... 'Thank God you are ok, but you know now that you are grounded for life!' Heh heh, have heard that particular sentence many a time!

Good Luck!!

Offline Overlord

• Demon Eye
  • Founder
  • Messiah
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thegaminguniverse.com
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2002, 08:58:53 PM »
Oooh.. glad to hear you're ok though. Hope your parents aren't too hard on you since it wasn't your fault. Anyhow, we'll take care of the board if you happen to vanish ;)
[email protected]
-- Retired Head Administrator --
- Advisor -

Offline Zeo

• Angel of Vengence
  • Founder
  • Chaos Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2002, 04:48:21 PM »
cited = got ticket

No Contest means that you aren't going to hsve a trial, you just tell the judge your case, and then he makes a ruling.
All cats have an attitude problem, just most have figured out humans are better at the game.

Truthful words are not beautiful; beautiful words are not truthful. Good words are not persuasive; persuasive words are not good.
Lao Tzu

Offline Overlord

• Demon Eye
  • Founder
  • Messiah
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thegaminguniverse.com
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2002, 09:12:06 AM »
Well, if it were an alien in your position I'd say "Welcome to Earth" http://www.forums.thegaminguniverse.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/shrugani.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':shrug:'>

Really though, it totally sucks, an accident like that is no ones fault, it's just tight assed insurance companies who'll do anything NOT to pay out..
[email protected]
-- Retired Head Administrator --
- Advisor -

Offline Zeo

• Angel of Vengence
  • Founder
  • Chaos Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2002, 03:20:35 PM »
Well my problem was the judge didn't believe in finding pople not guilty on a No Contest Plea.............

WHY THE HECK ELSE IS IT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All cats have an attitude problem, just most have figured out humans are better at the game.

Truthful words are not beautiful; beautiful words are not truthful. Good words are not persuasive; persuasive words are not good.
Lao Tzu

Offline Zeo

• Angel of Vengence
  • Founder
  • Chaos Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2002, 12:56:36 PM »
Well my major problems with it is as follows......

1. Glare Ice needs no ticket

2. I do NOT think  No Contest Plea is a guilty plea.

Insurance going up? I can live with that, I did damage the other  car.

No contest, legally from what I can tell, says:

The defendant agrees with report, in its entirety, but does NOT feel that the ticket should have been issued.

The defendant shall explain to the judge what happened, and have he/she rule on it with out a formal trial.

That means that the judge needs to decide whether the ticket was warrented, not whether or not the defendant committed the offense.

For instance, perfect example of when a not giulty verdict should be found on a no contest plea.

Defendeant is charged with underage drinking. Cop cuaght defendant drinking punch, which was later determined spiked with Vodka.

Vodka has no smell, and the defendant couldn't know it was there UNTIL he actaully commited the offense.  At which point it is too late. no illegeal act occued, and ther is NO need for  a trail.  No contest plea says that the report is true, but the "ticket" should not have been issued , as is its NOT reasonbly possible to have avioded the offense.

Same thing applies to a lesser extent with glare ice.

Lao Tzu

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  General Chit Chat  |  I might be gone for a while

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines Page created in 0.197 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx