gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
483996 Posts in 28358 Topics by 2463 Members - Latest Member: Gobers January 16, 2018, 06:54:51 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  10 million Switch Units Sold So far!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 10 million Switch Units Sold So far!!  (Read 150 times)

Offline KingOfHumans

• Inactive
  • Messiah
  • Here today, gone tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • GUKingOfHeart
10 million Switch Units Sold So far!!
« on: December 12, 2017, 11:28:45 AM »
https://mynintendonews.com/2017/12/12/nintendo-switch-sells-10-million-worldwide/

Super high odds of the Switch surpassing Wii U sales within a first year!

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
  • "May the moon light your path..."
    • View Profile
Re: 10 million Switch Units Sold So far!!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 08:12:01 PM »
Super high odds? I'd calculate a 99.9%. :P
-Aegis Runestone-
Thanks to Galadin at the Dissidia Forums for this Awesome Avatar!
My Library of Fan Stories. Come, read, and enjoy!
My ArchiveOfOurOwn.org Account
"It's better to stand for something than to fall for anything."- Snypa

Learn about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Mormon Messages

Offline Golden Warrior

• ~GW~
  • Advisor
  • Chaos Angel
  • /Empire/Vector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 09:52:02 PM »
So it looks like Nintendo got some of its mojo back. Good for them. Still not ready to buy anything from them yet, but they're making progress. A BIG part of the problem is TIME for me. I still haven't even gotten a PS4/PS4 Pro yet and I've been pretty loyal to Sony consoles in the past, but I just don't have the time. I already have a capable PC for playing lots and lots of games so it'll take some more coaxing from Nintendo to make me want to invest the TIME in getting another platform and giving it the attention it deserves. That and Nintendo's mistakes are still vivid memories for me so while I will say they've made some progress, they still have a ways to go.

Again, that being said, I mean it when I say good for them in getting some of their mojo back. If they can make some gamer (young/old/dead) happy and excited for the next game on their platform, I'm happy for them. I remember what it was like when I used to be in their camp so if the gamers are happy, I'm happy for them.

That and Switch games aren't riddled with nonsensical DLC to get access to the entire game. We PC gamers are going through quite a battle with that now, but while we're going through our tough times at least there's something else if everything continues to go to hell for us with the micro transactions.
DDOEQ2
Argonnessen ServerCrushbone Server
Gustal Dymlos Human Fighter LV2Quaxialaem - Dark Elf Necromancer LV27
Woth Half-Orc Barbarian LV1Afuwkoac - Freeblood Shadowknight LV26
Kathanos Half-Elf Monk LV1 / Sorcerer LV1Zeekort - Troll Paladin LV52
ILomer - Human Gaurdian LV20
Ruliach - Fae Warden LV20
Naebiya - Wood Elf Beastlord LV29

The tediousness of paperwork makes my eyes burn and head hurt. Yet it is a necessary evil we all share. I like swords. Swords are simple. They aren't confusing or evil. Just straight forward implements of death. Have a nice day. ~GW

I like swords ~Fighter, 8-Bit Theater

Offline KingOfHumans

• Inactive
  • Messiah
  • Here today, gone tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • GUKingOfHeart
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 11:42:59 PM »
Guess you're not a gamer on a go then.. since this increases your time ;)

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
  • "May the moon light your path..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 04:55:39 AM »
GW, I feel you. I HATE being 32! I want to be 25 again... mostly because I feel like I'm a 25 year old stuck in a 32 year old's body! @_@

Yeah, Switch is great because you can play it on the go. Skyrim lasts about 2-3 hours on battery life, and the Switch's AC adapter can charge the tablet without need of the dock (plus, I'm sure there are portable chargers for it). Breath of the Wild looks just as good in handheld mode as docked for a TV.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2... CURRENTLY looks terrible in handheld mode, so if you want that, I'd recommend waiting until next year (they announced two patches. One coming on the 21st/22nd--so this week--and a bigger one for next year, though with less details).

But yeah, I understand the "I'm an adult, I can understand games better now, but I don't have time for them!" issue. I really need to marry a gamer girl or I'll never play games again. X.x;

Also, microtransactions and lootboxes? ACK. The only game I support microtransactions (to a degree) is Guild Wars 2 because it has no sub fee. Basically, ArenaNet makes money off their Expansion Packs and the Gem Store. That's it! Because the Core game is Free to Play!
-Aegis Runestone-
Thanks to Galadin at the Dissidia Forums for this Awesome Avatar!
My Library of Fan Stories. Come, read, and enjoy!
My ArchiveOfOurOwn.org Account
"It's better to stand for something than to fall for anything."- Snypa

Learn about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Mormon Messages

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 12:01:30 AM »
PC games aren't the only ones that have been riddled with DLC. I'm under the impression Sony and MS at the least have it on some of their games.

Back on topic, Even if I could "game on the go," I would still be hard pressed to buy a Switch. The fiasco with the release aside, they simply don't have enough games that interest me to warrant throwing down $300 for the system ALONE, plus the few games I want. And this is not an anti-Nintendo rant. I say the same thing about XBox/PS4.
Never say never or always. In most cases, there is an exception to anything you can think of that you might use either word in. "Most likely" and "highly improbable" in a lot of those cases would ring true, but not never/always.

Offline Golden Warrior

• ~GW~
  • Advisor
  • Chaos Angel
  • /Empire/Vector
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2017, 11:14:12 PM »
Guess you're not a gamer on a go then.. since this increases your time ;)

There are two reasons why I'm not a gamer on the go:

1) I hate small screens
2) When I'm on the go, I actually don't have time to for it. I'm either at work without any free time, or at home with limited free time. When work sends me places I'm expected to be working, not playing games in the hotel room. When I do go somewhere with free time I have a gaming laptop with a large enough screen I can play my Steam games on, but it mostly sits on my desk next to me collecting dust.

GW, I feel you. I HATE being 32! I want to be 25 again... mostly because I feel like I'm a 25 year old stuck in a 32 year old's body! @_@

The only thing I miss about being 25 is being lighter. :P
DDOEQ2
Argonnessen ServerCrushbone Server
Gustal Dymlos Human Fighter LV2Quaxialaem - Dark Elf Necromancer LV27
Woth Half-Orc Barbarian LV1Afuwkoac - Freeblood Shadowknight LV26
Kathanos Half-Elf Monk LV1 / Sorcerer LV1Zeekort - Troll Paladin LV52
ILomer - Human Gaurdian LV20
Ruliach - Fae Warden LV20
Naebiya - Wood Elf Beastlord LV29

The tediousness of paperwork makes my eyes burn and head hurt. Yet it is a necessary evil we all share. I like swords. Swords are simple. They aren't confusing or evil. Just straight forward implements of death. Have a nice day. ~GW

I like swords ~Fighter, 8-Bit Theater

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  10 million Switch Units Sold So far!!

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines Page created in 0.11 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx